Tuber Mirum

The Hartlepool Deadlypool

Jones was my last decent hope: Biggs and Gabor have teaser/nailed-on disappointment form. And, Clive James isn't going anywhere but home this year.

Jones was my last decent hope: Biggs and Gabor have teaser/nailed-on disappointment form. And, Clive James isn't going anywhere but home this year.

The trouble with Zsa Zsa is you can't even pin your hopes on her falling under a bus.

Well, well. 12 teams bagging Mandela points.

Dead Cow takes 45. Captain Chorizo, NAP and Bert Trautmann each pick up 40. Eesti & Grobler get 35. Toast, Hein, Madame Defarge and Estuarian Float gain 30 points. I get 25 and the Unknown Man picks up 20.

1st - 320 points - Bert Trautmann

2nd - 251 point - Magere Hein

3rd - 237 points - the_engineer

4th - 235 points - CaptainChorizo

5th - 233 points - Maryportfuncity

6th - 202 points - Death Impends

7th - 196 points - STAB in-the DARK

8th - 177 points - Estuarian Float

9th - 160 points - Mr Potatoe's Heads

10th - 157 points - Dead Cow

11th - 150 points - Grobler's Stiff Ones

12th - 136 points - Toast

13th - 132 points - The Unknown Man

14th - 130 points - Eesti

15th - 107 points - DDT

16th - 101 points - msc

17th - 93 points - Time

18th - 87 points - Windsor

19th - 72 points - Madame Defarge

20th - 63 points - Godot

21st - 56 points - Banshees Scream

22nd - 40 points - Tick Tock

23rd - 5 points - LFN

50 More points up for offer now, in that the Potato award, is to be thrust upon the leader board for the contestant with the most adventurous team selection. But, I can see stiff reason to place us in a grim choice as to who can be the victor in this regard.

Tick Tock's tricky year has only been brightened by the hit with Sir Henry Cecil, but a wonderfully chosen list topping Jimmy Hill eludes to this day.

LFN picked Eusebio as his top choice. So far only his 10th place has paid results.

msc had very long wait to get off the mark. But did it with Nazi too.

Banshees Scream picked 3 people over the age of 104 at the top of his list, and has yet to see any die. Again, just one Nazi hit for the year.

Now the rule was to be a straight 50 points to one contestant, but I would like to award second and third prizes too.

Wooden Spoon prize points going to LFN of 5 points. (This does double your score)

Tick Tock gets 10 points for a wonderful bronze effort, Doris Day would be proud.

msc gets the high ho silver 15 point award, well at least Garner was a cowboy film star of note in days of old.

But taking 50 lovely super smashing golden points, our check mate winner goes to the team including Boris Spassky...

Banshees Scream and his team - "Who Knows"

12th - 136 points - Toast

13th - 132 points - The Unknown Man

14th - 130 points - Eesti

15th - 116 points - msc

16th - 107 points - DDT

17th - 106 points - Banshees Scream

18th - 93 points - Time

19th - 87 points - Windsor

20th - 72 points - Madame Defarge

21st - 63 points - Godot

22nd - 50 points - Tick Tock

23rd - 10 points - LFN

Thank you RA, 5 points is better than nothing.

• Like 1

Windy jumps from 19th place to 12th with the obit finally coming to notice, in the Huffington Post, for Jo (GO JB) Bryant. That is still dependent on Notapotato saying that the Huffington Post is a suitably reliable source of UK or International news but I really think that Windy's risky points are now assured.

12th - 143 points - Windsor

13th - 136 points - Toast

14th - 132 points - The Unknown Man

15th - 130 points - Eesti

16th - 116 points - msc

17th - 107 points - DDT

18th - 106 points - Banshees Scream

19th - 93 points - Time

21st - 63 points - Godot

23rd - 10 points - LFN

I can now confirm that Notapotato considers the Huffington Post to be a Reliable and Serious Source of International News.

• Like 1

I can now confirm that Notapotato considers the Huffington Post to be a Reliable and Serious Source of International News.

Hi NAP. As you're passing, could I trouble you for your opinion on the eligibility of the late Hakimullah Mehsud for a Crimes Against Humanity bonus? He was somewhat lacking in diplomatic tact, to put it mildly.

Hi NAP. As you're passing, could I trouble you for your opinion on the eligibility of the late Hakimullah Mehsud for a Crimes Against Humanity bonus? He was somewhat lacking in diplomatic tact, to put it mildly.

Hmm. Hard to say.

Give me some examples.

Ronnie Biggs points for 3. Maryport gets 40, Eesti and The Engineer both get 30.

Maryport now has narrow sight of the lead. Should Zsa Zsa Gabor die, because her Hollywood Squares bonus points would be 16 points, this would finally put him just 9 points clear.

Nails ready?

2nd - 273 points - Maryportfuncity

3rd - 267 points - the_engineer

4th - 251 point - Magere Hein

5th - 235 points - CaptainChorizo

=9th - 160 points - Eesti

=9th - 160 points - Mr Potatoe's Heads

11th - 157 points - Dead Cow

12th - 150 points - Grobler's Stiff Ones

13th - 143 points - Windsor

14th - 136 points - Toast

15th - 132 points - The Unknown Man

16th - 116 points - msc

17th - 107 points - DDT

19th - 93 points - Time

21st - 63 points - Godot

23rd - 10 points - LFN

• Like 1

Thanks NAP.

Scoreboard updated below DDT was sat in 17th with all those Mehsud bonus points he jumps up to 9th.

5th - 235 points - CaptainChorizo

9th - 171 points - DDT

=10th - 160 points - Eesti

=10th - 160 points - Mr Potatoe's Heads

12th - 157 points - Dead Cow

13th - 150 points - Grobler's Stiff Ones

14th - 143 points - Windsor

15th - 136 points - Toast

16th - 132 points - The Unknown Man

17th - 116 points - msc

19th - 93 points - Time

21st - 63 points - Godot

23rd - 10 points - LFN

I got one, I bloody got one!!!!!!!! :)

• Like 3

I got one, I bloody got one!!!!!!!! :)

Aaaw, bless. It's like watching a kid take his first tentative steps....

Scoreboard updated below for Kalashnikov, now those crimes against humanity bonus points may or may not kick in from LFN but I will take the view that they should in his case but this time not compounded. (Because it the bullets that kill not the guns) Therefore at the moment Death Impends gets 48 and LFN gets 18 points.l

5th - 250 points - Death Impends

6th - 235 points - CaptainChorizo

9th - 171 points - DDT

=10th - 160 points - Eesti

=10th - 160 points - Mr Potatoe's Heads

12th - 157 points - Dead Cow

13th - 150 points - Grobler's Stiff Ones

14th - 143 points - Windsor

15th - 136 points - Toast

16th - 132 points - The Unknown Man

17th - 116 points - msc

19th - 93 points - Time

21st - 63 points - Godot

23rd - 28 points - LFN

Clearly, this may expose a pick choice but...

"Tender years" and "cancer" in the same sentence of the rule book isn't totally clear and Kristen Hallenga, battling the disease and raising money for charity is one of a number of 20 somethings who might be in the frame re national obits etc.

Could we agree "tender years" end on your 21st birthday? Or summat.

Let's say you can't pick teenagers full stop. But you can pick twenty year olds at the start of the year, but you can only gain half points on them if they die before they are 21.

Anyway, no better time to announce that I would like to maintain the Hartlepool Deadlypool thread contest on here into 2014.

Been fun so far and it's still not over yet.

Basic Standing Rules appear on page 25 of this thread.

I would like to add that next years completion will be open to a maximum of 36 players, with all current 23 players having a reserved slot till Noon UK time on the 1st of January. The remaining 13 new team franchise positions are available on a first come first served basis starting as of now.

Maryport has kindly sent in his team so the 2014 game is afoot.

For those who send in teams before midnight on the 31st December only two none standard transfer changes will be allowed to the ten names submitted. Two spare team members WILL be required in case any of those on the contestants list die prematurely.

A new rule for next year shall be the "Deathbed award" a basic twelve point bonus to any of your said twelve not to make it into 2014.

Please send in team submission either on this thread or better still if you don't wish to show your hand to all and sundry, to me (or if you would prefer to Notapotato, that is if his mailbox is not still full), in an instant message type thing.

So as my choice is not influenced by submissions I will soon be sending Notapotato my team to assure evenhandedness.

I'll re-check all the 2013 teams over the next few days to make sure no odd choices have died and points have been missed.

• Like 3

Let's say you can't pick teenagers full stop. But you can pick twenty year olds at the start of the year, but you can only gain half points on them if they die before they are 21.

Anyway, no better time to announce that I would like to maintain the Hartlepool Deadlypool thread contest on here into 2014.

Been fun so far and it's still not over yet.

Basic Standing Rules appear on page 25 of this thread.

I would like to add that next years completion will be open to a maximum of 36 players, with all current 23 players having a reserved slot till Noon UK time on the 1st of January. The remaining 13 new team franchise positions are available on a first come first served basis starting as of now.

Maryport has kindly sent in his team so the 2014 game is afoot.

For those who send in teams before midnight on the 31st December only two none standard transfer changes will be allowed to the ten names submitted. Two spare team members WILL be required in case any of those on the contestants list die prematurely.

A new rule for next year shall be the "Deathbed award" a basic twelve point bonus to any of your said twelve not to make it into 2014.

Please send in team submission either on this thread or better still if you don't wish to show your hand to all and sundry, to me (or if you would prefer to Notapotato, that is if his mailbox is not still full), in an instant message type thing.

So as my choice is not influenced by submissions I will soon be sending Notapotato my team to assure evenhandedness.

I'll re-check all the 2013 teams over the next few days to make sure no odd choices have died and points have been missed.

Do I have to enter a team now to qualify or can I reserve the spot like a rich douchebag reserves restaurant seats?

Sure, you can wait till you are totally 100% happy about your team before you enter. But, please don't leave it too late and be gazumpted. I put in a team numbers limit to the game since I really don't wish to devote too much time and effort beyond what is reasonable. But, what the heck, I'll save a space for you. Thus 12 new franchises available now.

Sure, you can wait till you are totally 100% happy about your team before you enter. But, please don't leave it too late and be gazumpted. I put in a team numbers limit to the game since I really don't wish to devote too much time and effort beyond what is reasonable. But, what the heck, I'll save a space for you. Thus 12 new franchises available now.

I'll pm you my team over soon, surprised myself this year getting into the top 5.

my team for 2014

1Rev Billy Graham

2Sam Simon

3Misao Okawa

4Joe McGinnis

5Wilko Johnson

6Jack Ramsay

7Katherine Crowe

8Clive James

9Sally Farmiloe

10Boutros Boutros Ghali

sub Alan Young

5. Anyone selecting tender-aged sufferers of terminal diseases or anyone under sentence of death or highly likely to be sentenced to death at the start of the year will be summarily ridiculed and very likely penalised in an arbitrary and unpleasant way should their candidates actually die or be killed.

She was 29. I'm only 25.

In my view, that makes her ancient.

I don't think Notapotato would consider 29 to be a tender age. 25 might be a different matter.

Clearly, this may expose a pick choice but...

"Tender years" and "cancer" in the same sentence of the rule book isn't totally clear and Kristen Hallenga, battling the disease and raising money for charity is one of a number of 20 somethings who might be in the frame re national obits etc.

Could we agree "tender years" end on your 21st birthday? Or summat.

I think the spirit of the law in this case intends to penalise those selecting very young, low hanging fruit of the tabloid variety.

The above exchanges sort of imply that Notapotato's definition of tender years is a somewhat higher age that I would have expected. Nevertheless, I don't think Hallenga falls into this category.

Just to keep things fair, I'd like to propose a new rule:

"Notapotato reserves the right to ridicule any participant at any time for any or no reason. In the absence of Notapotato this task may be performed by anyone else so inclined."

• Like 1

Harsh and unfair but I like your style.