Tuber Mirum

The Hartlepool Deadlypool

Yes.

But it says that somewhere on the site.

Does it? Where? When you click on "the prize" there's a picture of spilt milk or something. And why am I the only groat crusted newt? There should be other groat crusted newts by now.

Oh yes, so there is. That's one of the things I may get around to sorting out soon.

The prize is a virtual dead monkey. Ask Football fan. He has one.

And the reason you are the only Groat Crusted Newt is because that is your own personal rank.

It's possible on the HDB to give members their individual rank irrespective of post count.

Oh yes, so there is. That's one of the things I may get around to sorting out soon.

And the reason you are the only Groat Crusted Newt is because that is your own personal rank.

It's possible on the HDB to give members their individual rank irrespective of post count.

This virtual dead monkey: can we see it? Surely it's not the one that's on the site. I mean if I won a virtual dead monkey I'd want it to do something, such as swing a bit.

And my personal rank: where does it come in the scheme of things? Is it quite high? High enough to throw my weight around and throw buns at Canadian Paul? Does it entitle me to some virtual buns?

And if one day I managed to work out the scoring system might that get me a new rank? If so, what would it be? I must admit that being a Groat Crusted Newt doesn't make me feel very important or special. But I suppose it's preferable to "sad w*nker."

This virtual dead monkey: can we see it? Surely it's not the one that's on the site. I mean if I won a virtual dead monkey I'd want it to do something, such as swing a bit.

And my personal rank: where does it come in the scheme of things? Is it quite high? High enough to throw my weight around and throw buns at Canadian Paul? Does it entitle me to some virtual buns?

And if one day I managed to work out the scoring system might that get me a new rank? If so, what would it be? I must admit that being a Groat Crusted Newt doesn't make me feel very important or special. But I suppose it's preferable to "sad w*nker."

Yes you can see the VDM.

All you have to do is win the Hartlepool Deadlypool.

Can someone remind me who has died and in what order?

I think I may update the site soon since some cheeky bugger has already sent in an entry for next year.

There will be a 2009 HDP.

But it may very well start on the 15th of January or thereabouts.

Hey Nap, hows it going. I'm glad to hear that another HDP competition will begin at some point next year.

Anita Page also died back in September. I bet you wouldn't know anything about that.

I hope to have a more productive "It's called impulse" team for 2009. It will not be set at the high expectations of "Master Mind" but it will definitely be original. It will have it's own feel. Raabe might headline it.

Anita Page also died back in September. I bet you wouldn't know anything about that.

After Page was Nigel Plews, Studs Terkel, Edna Parker, and Bettie Page. I think those are the only ones not already labeled as dead.

Well Banshees, I was aware that Anita Page had died, but I wasn't really in a hurry to award any points.

The site is now updated, the 2009 game in preparation.

There should be some (only slightly revised) rules and an entry form sometime this evening.

NAP, just PM'd yers with ten top picks, or summat.

Put some thought in, then again, I could've simply topped up the 7 of the 2008 mob with my long list of reserves from last year, all of whom are still breathing.

Go well!

Oops, I just realised I'd promised to provide a link to the entry form on Christmas Day.

And here we are at new Year's Eve already.

Entry Form

Rules

New, slightly revised Scoring System

Closing Date for entries is the 25th of January, after you've had your haggis.

I'll put these on the front page of the HDP site in a minute, then I'll send out an email to all participants. Depending on how many of these mails bounce, that could make a significant difference to the scoreboard.

:skill2:

Oops, I just realised I'd promised to provide a link to the entry form on Christmas Day.

And here we are at new Year's Eve already.

Entry Form

Rules

New, slightly revised Scoring System

Closing Date for entries is the 25th of January, after you've had your haggis.

I'll put these on the front page of the HDP site in a minute, then I'll send out an email to all participants. Depending on how many of these mails bounce, that could make a significant difference to the scoreboard.

:skill2:

Looks like that's the end of Ron Santo on my Dream Team with the new rules; unless someone else picks him, he's guaranteed to be worth negative points... although if I had a dream about a dying US baseball or basketball player under the age of 18, I'dve struck gold.

So I don't suppose there's any chance that if we submit our team early, we'll still get points if they die before the 25th? :huh:

Aye, given the revised scoring I'll deffo want to revise the 10 + sub I PM'd your way earlier.

Anyway, some of them won't see Jan 25th.

Aye OK, nobody panic. I'll only accept entries received since I published the rules.

Don't forget folks, while you're enjoying your Haggisses, that today is the last day for entries in the Hartlepool Deadlypool.

Those of you who sent in entries earlier in the year and whose candidates have subsequently snuffed it may want to consider sending in substitutes. Not forgetting to say where on the list they should go.

Here's the enrty form once again.

My team - entered yesterday - were all still breathing this afternoon.

Three of the team I had ready for New Year's Eve are now dead. Much as I'd love to claim I would've walked the competition the late entry this year is probably a let off. Llewellyn (3rd) would've been a result but I had Maria de Jesus and Bill Stone 8th and 9th, they'd have earned me nowt much.

Don't forget folks, while you're enjoying your Haggisses, that today is the last day for entries in the Hartlepool Deadlypool.

Those of you who sent in entries earlier in the year and whose candidates have subsequently snuffed it may want to consider sending in substitutes. Not forgetting to say where on the list they should go.

Here's the enrty form once again.

Oh hell, I completely lost track! I'll send in a team...hopefully it will get there in time. If not, ah well. :rolleyes:

CarolAnn, I got an entry for you but with only three candidates, which seriously limits your chance of winning.

You can try again if you like.

CarolAnn, I got an entry for you but with only three candidates, which seriously limits your chance of winning.

You can try again if you like.

LOL yeah - I accidentally hit the enter key. :P I sent the actual list right behind it. You've also got a PM about it. Thanks! :rolleyes:

Reet, show and tell time, eh?

Ten Stiff Bowling 2009

1 – Susan Atkins

2 – Billy Graham

3 - Ronnie Biggs

4 - Abdelbaset al-Megrahi

5 – Patrick Swayze

6 – Harry Patch

7 – Henry Allingham

8 – Gertrude Bains

9 – Zdravko ‘Chemical’ Tolimir

10 – Tomoji Tanabe

Mr Grobler appears to have scored some points with H. J. Blackham.

Would have been his 3rd hit this year if two of his candidates hadn't snuffed it before kickoff time.

The old "Dream Team" had lots of choices to go with this round... not likely a winner, but hopefully full of some uniques if nothing else:

1. Ariel Sharon

2. Stewart Udall

3. Tony Martin

4. Johannes Heesters

5. Betty Ford

6. Flory Van Donck

7. Muhammad Ali

8. Edward Upward

9. Gertrude Baines

10. Henry Allingham

Sharon first eh? That'll be a right result if he cashes in for you.

Sharon first eh? That'll be a right result if he cashes in for you.

I decide my order based on the order that their death is dreamed in. No control on my part, but it does give me a level of flavour for NAP's excellent deadpool.

Not heard a peep out of NAP's pool of late? Any news?

NAP was hospitalised, wasn't he?

Only for a couple of days. I'm out now, recovering well and working on the HDP which should be coming online in the next day or so, more or less complete.