Sign in to follow this  
Gross Urnings

Lou Rawls

I would say that he is famous enough. Maybe an early success if the DL committee ends up adding his name to next year's list.

A stunning find in my opinion, and way famous enough!

Perfect timing too!

DWB :P

you have to appreciate when celebs are this accomodating!

C'mon guys, Christmas has clearly come early for the DL'ters. One in the bank for 2006 I reckon:

LOU RAWLS BATTLING CANCER

Singer LOU RAWLS has been battling lung cancer for a year, and brain cancer since May, the singer's manager (and estranged wife) Nina said yesterday. "By his doctor's admission, he is not expected to live much more," she said during a marriage annulment hearing in Arizona. (Rawls is currently trying to annul their two-year marriage.) "Don't count me out, brother," Rawls said from Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in an interview with the Arizona Republic. "There's been many people who have been diagnosed with this kind of thing, and they're still jumpin' and pumpin'." The seventy-year-old singer, whose hits include "You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine" and "Love Is a Hurtin' Thing," has won three Grammys and sold 40 million albums.

On the topic of lung cancer - Let's not forget a woman named Donna Reeve

who was married to Superman "Christopher Reeve" is battling lung cancer

as well.

She may be a rewarding canidate for 2006.

as well.

Don't know if she's famous enough. What is her claim to fame? (apart from being married to Chris Reeves)

According to the last bit of news about Reeves widow that I read,

she was beating the cancer as the tumour had shrunk.

as well.

Don't know if she's famous enough. What is her claim to fame? (apart from being married to Chris Reeves)

She's an actress - Don't feel like looking her up to see what

she did in her filming career though.

as well.

A very underwhelming career according to her imdb page.

as well.

This link may give you some more information to feed off of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Reeve

Donna Reeve who was married to Superman "Christopher Reeve"

Thanks for that, it's answered something that was going round in my head for months. Last summer I was on holiday and saw this woman on a beach. I thought I recognised her but was struggling with the name. Weird though, she had tyre marks on her belly.

as well.

This link may give you some more information to feed off of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dana_Reeve

I remember somewhere one of the senior posters commented that GR already gets enough flack for the famousness of his celebrities. I really feel that Dana Reeves is one of those "famous for being famous" people.

I mean, if she didn't happen to be married to Christopher Reeves, and perhaps even if Reeves hadn't had his accident, what would distinguish her from hundreds of other small actors/actresses?

Having read her Wikipedia entry I say get her off the DL. Her husband fell off a horse and - eventually - died, her mum died of cancer and she's contracted lung cancer after not even smoking. Oh yeah, and her film career is nothing to shout about. She's obviously a bloody jinx. We hang around with her at our peril.

Ironically, he was a spokesperson on commercials for Life Insurance in the states. He is probably trying to get some of that right about now.

Other than the headline on Rotten.com's deadpool site and his NNBD (or whatever it is called) entry I've never heard of Lou Rawls. But putting together his figures for his prognosis I've had to add him at Number 2 on my list of 500 names. Sad for the chap in question but I've started to submit my entries to a few of next years pool a bit early. Drat! Now what are the rules for and against late changes - in the DDP? I've asked Rude Kid for a substitution but who knows how many times this may happen in the next 2 weeks. I feel like I need to withdraw the whole team and resubmit it again on the 31st. Your thoughts please.

... But putting together his figures for his prognosis I've had to add him at Number 2 on my list of 500 names. Sad for the chap in question but I've started to submit my entries to a few of next years pool a bit early. Drat! Now what are the rules for and against late changes - in the DDP? I've asked Rude Kid for a substitution but who knows how many times this may happen in the next 2 weeks. I feel like I need to withdraw the whole team and resubmit it again on the 31st. Your thoughts please.

He is indeed a good selection and a certainty for next year if the reports are true. I also added his name to my 2006 ddp list. My understanding is that you can resubmit entries as long as it is before midnight on Dec 31st U.K. time.

Other than the headline on Rotten.com's deadpool site and his NNBD (or whatever it is called) entry I've never heard of Lou Rawls. But putting together his figures for his prognosis I've had to add him at Number 2 on my list of 500 names. Sad for the chap in question but I've started to submit my entries to a few of next years pool a bit early. Drat! Now what are the rules for and against late changes - in the DDP? I've asked Rude Kid for a substitution but who knows how many times this may happen in the next 2 weeks. I feel like I need to withdraw the whole team and resubmit it again on the 31st. Your thoughts please.

I don't know the rules, but I jumped the gun a little quickly myself, although luckily not so quick that I couldn't add Rawls. I did, however, replace one member of my team at the last second with Arthur C. Clarke, whom I had a sudden intution about that sort of seems like it's fading.

I'm sure if you you ask nicely he'd change something for you though? :sicktherm:

As for resubmitting the whole team... I think of deadpools like tests. When you change your answer from your first thought on a test, are you more often right the first time or the second time?

May be the world is passing me by, I've never heard of Lou Rawls.

(Nor Donna Reeve)

(Nor Donna Reeve)

I'd never heard of them either... well admittedly I could take a guess at who Donna Reeve was since her story had been plastered across Americna news at the time of Superman's death... from what I've gathered though, Lou Rawls is the time of guy who appeals those of an older generation...

(Nor Donna Reeve)

I'd never heard of them either... well admittedly I could take a guess at who Donna Reeve was since her story had been plastered across Americna news at the time of Superman's death... from what I've gathered though, Lou Rawls is the time of guy who appeals those of an older generation...

Her name is not Donna Reeve. It is Dana Reeve.

(Nor Donna Reeve)

Only because your a patheticly lonely british man.

Atleast peak out your blinds at our world some day in your lifetime. :lol: