Hulot

Sir David Attenborough

1 minute ago, Windsor said:

Awfully doddery though.

For nearly 97 that is to be expected.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Awfully doddery though.

Most doddery he's ever looked. Still got his faculties but tripped over his words a few times. But astonishing to think he's 97, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

Most doddery he's ever looked. Still got his faculties but tripped over his words a few times. But astonishing to think he's 97, though.

To be fair he is older than all five DL hits so far. Should never have been dropped.

• Like 2

Picture for all those sensible folk who didn't watch.  Three points.

1. Yes, he looks old now compared to how David Attenborough used to look.

2. He looks and sounds incredible next to nearly every single other 97 year old male in history.

3. Get him back on the list ASAP anyhow.

attenborough may 2023.png

• Like 10

On 05/05/2023 at 20:56, msc said:

To be fair he is older than all five DL hits so far. Should never have been dropped.

Agreed, he'd be horrific to miss. Absolute legend. They weren't talking in very positive terms about the prospects when his Wild Isles came out earlier this year, but I hope there's a couple more series in him yet.

• Like 2

My mother was surprised that David Attenborough didn't come on stage at the coronation concert to talk about conservation and wildlife etc. Instead we got Stella McCartney.

He seemed misunderstand two of Kirsty Young’s questions in a row. Probably just hearing loss - it’s just amazing that he is still up for a live television interview. 

21 hours ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

He seemed misunderstand two of Kirsty Young’s questions in a row. Probably just hearing loss - it’s just amazing that he is still up for a live television interview. 

Hearing loss, old age, or simply not hearing all that well because of ambient noise. Not really a concern at 97 though.

• Like 2

I have a very bad feeling about Sir David Attenborough's omission from the 2024 list... I hope to be proven wrong. :( Of course, we all want him to make it to 2025, as he's an international treasure, but he'll be turning 98 in May...

• Like 6

Just now, Jonah said:

I have a very bad feeling about Sir David Attenborough's omission from the 2024 list... I hope to be proven wrong. :( Of course, we all want him to make it to 2025, as he's an international treasure, but he'll be turning 98 in May...

Agreed. When you are 98+ I think you should pretty much on deathlist even if you appear to be in great health. If he sadly dies this year it'd be such a miss

I'm not sure he's any more likely to die this year than Dick van Dyke personally. Both very mobile for their age and both seem to have that 'work keeps me going' mentality. 

15 minutes ago, Sod's Law said:

I'm not sure he's any more likely to die this year than Dick van Dyke personally. Both very mobile for their age and both seem to have that 'work keeps me going' mentality. 

Attenborough is less likely to break any bones at his advanced age due to vanity.

WhatsApp groups up and down the country full of the "my mate's cousin's dad works at PeePeePooPoo General Hospital and David Attenborough died there overnight" claims. Provide your own salt-pinch.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

WhatsApp groups up and down the country full of the "my mate's cousin's dad works at PeePeePooPoo General Hospital and David Attenborough died there overnight" claims. Provide your own salt-pinch.

Denied by reporters. 

Crazy he was dropped when you consider he is only 5 months younger than Dick Van Dyke. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, dimreaper said:

Crazy he was dropped when you consider he is only 5 months younger than Dick Van Dyke. 

And yet everyone moans that Dick van Dyke is a wasted pick.

Crazy!