Hulot

Sir David Attenborough

Don't worry he's not dead!

His new series

I watched it last night - good facts, fantastic scenery, incredible cinematography, sex, death, birth, love rivalry, duels, survival against the odds and David Attenborough narrating it all.

Just the perfect way to spend an hour on a Sunday evening.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Don't worry he's not dead!

His new series

I watched it last night - good facts, fantastic scenery, incredible cinematography, sex, death, birth, love rivalry, duels, survival against the odds and David Attenborough narrating it all.

Just the perfect way to spend an hour on a Sunday evening.

Love watching Attenburgh on a Sunday evening

• Like 1

On the fucking DL at long last. Hopefully he likes the TV room and plans to stay a while...

• Like 1

Oh, I voted for him in the DL prediction thread! Somewhat overdue, but then again, in terrific shape.

Looks and sounds better than Cliff Richard.

Nonetheless, the whole too big to miss suggests he's either on once or forever.

5 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Looks and sounds better than Cliff Richard.

Nonetheless, the whole too big to miss suggests he's either on once or forever.

My reasoning is very simple - if the Cmme can stick Javier Perez de Cuellar on there for years and years and years, they can at least bed block with someone I genuinely admire.:D

[Also I have an unsubstantiated by facts worry he's not got massively long left despite seeming fit.]

• Sad 1

I will be saddened more than I was for Lauren Bacall when David A dies.  And trust me when i say that is a LOT.
Hayley Mills... I better NEVER see your name on DL.
Dear Committee: I know you want your 'hits'.  Please, though, don't jinx our treasures.
SC

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

I will be saddened more than I was for Lauren Bacall when David A dies.  And trust me when i say that is a LOT.
Hayley Mills... I better NEVER see your name on DL.
Dear Committee: I know you want your 'hits'.  Please, though, don't jinx our treasures.
SC

Seconded 

• Like 1

All being well he's settled comfortably in the chair for a good old chat about the state of the world and immortality tips with Kirk Douglas, Prince Philip, Vera Lynn and Jimmy Carter...... that should take them a few years to a decade .....

Attenborough being put on the Deathlist is fair enough, but as noted above, he ain't getting dropped ever. :) 

• Like 2

One day he's going to be trending on Twitter and think it's just something he's promoting and not actually dead. Today's issue of is he dead or not, David is just talking about Covid-19 but doesn't have it (yet).

As long as he steers clear of Coronavirus, I fancy his chances for at least another 3 or 4 years based on his appearance on today's Marr show. 

5 hours ago, Deathrace said:

As long as he steers clear of Coronavirus, I fancy his chances for at least another 3 or 4 years based on his appearance on today's Marr show. 

Yeah, he looks good.  

Happy 94th birthday! :birthday:
Couldn't find any specific news about his health but a lot of comments on actuell themes, so he seems to be fit and healthy, I guess.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Book said:

Happy 94th birthday! :birthday:
Couldn't find any specific news about his health but a lot of comments on actuell themes, so he seems to be fit and healthy, I guess.

He'll make it to 100 no problem.Then again I thought that about Nicholas Parsons...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

He'll make it to 100 no problem.Then again I thought that about Nicholas Parsons...

Unlike women, a lot of men appear to suddenly decline at around 94/95 and the number of men who make it to late 90s is very small. Having said this I expect Attenborough to make 97/98. After that it's a lottery 

Once again he is Emmy nominated for Narration. Seems a good bet to make it three years in a row as winner

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Joins Instagram at the age of 94.

Next stop, Grindr

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Next stop, Grindr

then, chaturbate?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Joins Instagram at the age of 94.

This cunt has spent the bulk of his career traversing the globe, film crew and tons of equipment in tow, on aircraft that has shat out more nasty emissions than all of the cars Ford ever made*.

Another hypocritical prick who needs to shut the fuck up.

'David, darling, we have a pandemic on our hands....'

*maybe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

LFN says national treasure is a cunt shocker.

Thing is, doesn't he have a point though? Attenbororough (and crew) must have an absolutely massive co2 (and all the rest) footprint compared to your average fortnight in Benidorm every other year or whatever?

You could, and for me probably would, argue that 'his' having been there and filmed it in HD is enough to determine that 'I' don't need to, saving however many other individual trips?

On the flip side, when he started out I sincerely doubt that was the reason, nor has he ever claimed we shouldn't do what he has (to my knowledge).

It's a conundrum for me for sure.

LFN ofc, has his own inimitable way of putting it. 

The CO2 emissions he has single-handedly contributed by swanning around the world is totally justified by the amount of people he's inspired into climate protection, conservation and the like... his lifetime worth of emissions is just a drop in the ocean of what's pumped in our atmosphere in a single day. Nobody has ever done anything close what he's done in inspiring multiple generations and nobody will for a very long time.

This dude could rip off a newborn's head and shit down it's neck and it'll be ok with me. He's the MVP.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1