Hulot

Sir David Attenborough

Just been on the NTAs looking and sounding incredibly well for a 91 year old.

• Like 2

Legend

Based on this I hope he has years ahead of him still (but I would have said the same about Charles Aznavour based on his interview 2 days before  he died!).

2 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Legend

Based on this I hope he has years ahead of him still (but I would have said the same about Charles Aznavour based on his interview 2 days before  he died!).

Dont frighten us like that!

• Haha 2

Surely he’s going to make the list soon, right? I mean, he’s one of the oldest names that is definitely deathlisty that hasn’t made the list yet...

3 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Surely he’s going to make the list soon, right? I mean, he’s one of the oldest names that is definitely deathlisty that hasn’t made the list yet...

Suppose so.  Seems healthy presently.  And is immortal.

• Like 1

Once Prince Phil dies The Queen is going to hook up with Sir David and they will go and live on the Galapagos Islands until the sun rises in the West.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Telling world leaders about climate change in Katowice

Must be in top 5 famous people I don't want to die - in fact as I think about it may be top.

He's on my top 5 famous folk who should have been on the DL yesterday already.

And yeah, big fan too.

• Like 2

If I ever attend a DL convention and one of you people put Sir David on your lists, first thing I will do is punch you square in the teeth, ya bastard.  Then I'll buy you a pint.
Don't you bring bad karma to this man.

SC

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

If I ever attend a DL convention and one of you people put Sir David on your lists, first thing I will do is punch you square in the teeth, ya bastard.  Then I'll buy you a pint.
Don't you bring bad karma to this man.

SC

What a pity i'm teetotal.

To be honest I got a feeling the country's going to mourn more when he goes than when Phil goes.

I mean even republicans like David. And pretty much everyone alive grew up with his documentaries as kids and through adulthood except really old fuckers.

10 minutes ago, Deathray said:

To be honest I got a feeling the country's going to mourn more when he goes than when Phil goes.

I mean even republicans like David. And pretty much everyone alive grew up with his documentaries as kids and through adulthood except really old fuckers.

Also when he was Controller of BBC1 he not only commissioned The Ascent of Man and Civilisation  (two of the great documentary series) but also Monty Python, Old Grey Whistle Test and BBC snooker coverage! Man's had more direct influence on more walks of British life than even folk realise.

5 minutes ago, msc said:

Also when he was Controller of BBC1 he not only commissioned The Ascent of Man and Civilisation  (two of the great documentary series) but also Monty Python, Old Grey Whistle Test and BBC snooker coverage! Man's had more direct influence on more walks of British life than even folk realise.

I must have read that fact about him commissioning snooker coverage dozens of times. I still have to google it every time i read or hear it. 

1 hour ago, Deathray said:

I

2 hours ago, msc said:

It was BBC2

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

It was BBC2

Indeed it was and he was instrumental in bringing colour tv transmissions to the UK which started on BBC2.

Snooker show pot black was one of his ideas and it led commentator Ted Lowe to say on an early show, "and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green".  :lol:

• Like 1

Bloody typo. Attenborough turned down "promotion" as he was itching to get back out into the field, of course.

29 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

Snooker show pot black was one of his ideas and it led commentator Ted Lowe to say on an early show, "and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green".  :lol:

That's up there with the Dougie Donnelly Final Score great: "And those of you who don't want to see the Old Firm result ahead of the highlights tonight, look away now. Well, 2-0 Rangers, who'd have thought?"

EDIT - Arse, totally forgot about the ISS till I saw this post now!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, msc said:

EDIT - Arse, totally forgot about the ISS till I saw this post now!

It was a great view from here. I took a crap photo of it using the phone.

20181203_174606.jpg

10 hours ago, GuyFromFuture said:

Already lived longer then his brother,he might not have many years left

Well he did say yesterday, "time is running out".

11 hours ago, GuyFromFuture said:

Already lived longer then his brother,he might not have many years left

brothers

11 hours ago, GuyFromFuture said:

Already lived longer then his brother, he might not have many years left

Very perceptive observation to make about a 92 year person.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1