Hulot

Sir David Attenborough

Could David Attenborough be involved in the state funeral coverage next week, like he was for Prince Philip's funeral?

27 minutes ago, Brad252 said:

Could David Attenborough be involved in the state funeral coverage next week, like he was for Prince Philip's funeral?

They should give Noddy Holder and Slade a chance.:D

• Haha 1

Elton John will be rewriting Sweet Caroline as Sweet Elizabeth - woah oh oh

He is looking well for his age on the BBC coverage of the Queen’s funeral procession right now. But at his age and status he really should be a deathlist regular from now on.

• Like 2

I can't help thinking that this great man will have more DL entries than anybody else, due to the many.more years (hopefully) that he has left. If anybody else deserves a ceremonial funeral, nobody is more fitting. What this man has done, is nothing short of remarkable. In my humble opinion he's the greatest naturalist to ever walk the Earth, move over Charles Darwin!

I did shed a tear for QE2, but I'll be a blubbering wreck when Sir David leaves us.

On 12/09/2022 at 22:10, Brad252 said:

He'll be attending the funeral in person apparently.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

I did shed a tear for QE2, but I'll be a blubbering wreck when Sir David leaves us.

Are you Iain in disguise? 

• Haha 1

BBC site said he was going, they're usually pretty reliable.

• Like 1

He was invited and reported to be going, including by the BBC, but to my knowledge didn't attend.

Attenborough and the Queen were very good friends and he sounded heartbroken when he was speaking about her on radio after she died.

As to why he didn't attend... I have no idea.

• Like 1

He was on the BBC talking about her on the day of the funeral (voice only) but it may have been pre-recorded.

• Like 1

On 18/09/2022 at 21:38, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

I can't help thinking that this great man will have more DL entries than anybody else, due to the many.more years (hopefully) that he has left. If anybody else deserves a ceremonial funeral, nobody is more fitting. What this man has done, is nothing short of remarkable. In my humble opinion he's the greatest naturalist to ever walk the Earth, move over Charles Darwin!

I never realised he liked going au naturel 

• Like 1

I’m honestly not sure if the committee should drop Sir David on one hand he seems great and on the other hand 96 seems like the magic number where older folks seem to die suddenly 

• Like 3

BBC decide not to broadcast an episode of Wild Isles for fear of a Tory backlash on rewilding: https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/breaking-bbc-decide-not-broadcast-29420898

Now let's be honest. This wouldn't have anything to do with Boris' mate being in charge of the BBC now, would it?

Of course it would. The Beeb's horrible lurch to programming what might be acceptable to the right wing of the Tory Party is probably a direct result of this.

Speak truth to power? Ah, fuck it, I'm just off the phone to Mark Francois and he says no.

Free to go back on topic now...

• Haha 1

On 19/11/2022 at 20:02, Insane said:

I’m honestly not sure if the committee should drop Sir David on one hand he seems great and on the other hand 96 seems like the magic number where older folks seem to die suddenly 

They’ve wasted a space for years now on the OBVIOUSLY physically fit Dick Van Dyke.  Now they’re committed.  I presume the same for Sir David.

17 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

BBC decide not to broadcast an episode of Wild Isles for fear of a Tory backlash on rewilding: https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/breaking-bbc-decide-not-broadcast-29420898

Now let's be honest. This wouldn't have anything to do with Boris' mate being in charge of the BBC now, would it?

Of course it would. The Beeb's horrible lurch to programming what might be acceptable to the right wing of the Tory Party is probably a direct result of this.

Speak truth to power? Ah, fuck it, I'm just off the phone to Mark Francois and he says no.

Free to go back on topic now...

Apparently the episode was only ever intended to be on iplayer which is still will be.

It has been sponsored by WWF & Greenpeace so might not meet editorial requirements for TV broadcast anyway

However the fact that everyone's first thought is that those Tory biased fuckers at the BBC have got in the way goes a long way to showing what the problem is

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Apparently the episode was only ever intended to be on iplayer which is still will be.

It has been sponsored by WWF & Greenpeace so might not meet editorial requirements for TV broadcast anyway

However the fact that everyone's first thought is that those Tory biased fuckers at the BBC have got in the way goes a long way to showing what the problem is

According to the Guardian, the lack of broadcast of the sixth episode has angered programme makers, which it identifies as Silverback Films; reference to their website finds the series described thus:

Wild Isles is a major new five-part natural history series from Silverback Films that aims to do for the wildlife of Britain and Ireland what the ‘Planet’ series have done for the wildlife of the world. The first episode will air on BBC One and iPlayer at 7pm on Sunday 12th March.

No mention  of a sixth episode.

He sounds awful here. :(

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Sadly even the more healthy looking nonagenarians eventually decline. Just look at Christophers Lee & Plummer, who were multiple years younger than Attenborough is now when they died quite suddenly, or Dick van Dyke who, although it looks like he'll recuperate from his car crash, could just as easily have sustained injuries far worse.

Most people don't live to such a high age and those who do mostly don't age as well as Sir David has up to this point. While I do agree his voice sounds weaker than before and it is sad to see him decline, he is almost 97 and still doing the work he loves which in my opinion is a great way of living your retirement. If he survives the year (which is an if at this point, he is 97 after all) I'd say he is a must for the DL24.

Am i the only one Who feels like he sounds and look good ? 
He sounds old but he  IS old. I don’t think he’s particularly frail

• Like 2

No, I think the same. Physically he still looks to be in great shape for his age and he sounds better at the end of the video.

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

On BBC1 this evening - looks pretty well. 

Awfully doddery though.

• Like 1