Sign in to follow this  
Rotten Ali

Rotten Ali's 2006 Page

Hi Gang

Happy New Year to one and all.

Bit of an obscure thread, I know, but its just about the first time I've started one so please allow me a little latitude.

Before I have a look at your list I've listed my final 50 name list for 2006 below just to compare and have a friendly match off with the definitive list.

Ronnie Biggs, Lou Rawls, Ron Santo, Ladybird Johnson, Charlton Heston, King Sihanouk, Augusto Pinochet, Jack Kevorkian, Steven Adler, Aaron Spelling, Gerald Ford, Liz Taylor, Jerry Lewis, Margaret Thatcher, Aleksandr I Solzhenitsyn, Billy Graham, J.K.Galbraith, Tammy Messner, Freddy Fender, Charles Haughey, Alan Freeman, John Spencer, Evel Knievel, Ross Davidson, David Crosby, Saddam Hussein, Patrick Moore, Ibrahim Rugova, Larry Hagman, Robert Mugabe, Little Richard, Roger Ebert, Kurt Vonnegut, Rabbi Philip Berg, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Kirk Douglas, Phil Lesh, Scott Hamilton, Johannes Heesters, Maurice Papon, Peter Boyle, Paul Hunter, Charlie Drake, Albert Hofmann, Yitzhak Shamir, Jane Wyman, Bernard Manning, Suge Knight, Harold Pinter & Nancy Reagan.

p.s. please don't have a go at me for not being able to spell statistical!

Ronnie Biggs, Lou Rawls, Ron Santo, Ladybird Johnson, Charlton Heston, King Sihanouk, Augusto Pinochet, Jack Kevorkian, Steven Adler, Aaron Spelling, Gerald Ford, Liz Taylor, Jerry Lewis, Margaret Thatcher, Aleksandr I Solzhenitsyn, Billy Graham, J.K.Galbraith, Tammy Messner, Freddy Fender, Charles Haughey, Alan Freeman, John Spencer, Evel Knievel, Ross Davidson, David Crosby, Saddam Hussein, Patrick Moore, Ibrahim Rugova, Larry Hagman, Robert Mugabe, Little Richard, Roger Ebert, Kurt Vonnegut, Rabbi Philip Berg, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Kirk Douglas, Phil Lesh, Scott Hamilton, Johannes Heesters, Maurice Papon, Peter Boyle, Paul Hunter, Charlie Drake, Albert Hofmann, Yitzhak Shamir, Jane Wyman, Bernard Manning, Suge Knight, Harold Pinter & Nancy Reagan.

Finally, someone who sees sense. ;)

:o

Well, as I'm still waiting for the full list I thought I would calculate the names issued to date. My points average being 103.0956 and the DL's 81.14. You have got a lot of old well people and few really sick ones. So if your list gets to about 12 hits per year I give mine a target of 15.25 hits. Not quite sure how a quarter of a person dies, but maybe Al Lewis looses another leg!

Say if I get 16 hits or more in 2006 will you guys make me a Moderator?

The list is now complete. It is a good list, but there are a few notable omissions that I think should have been included:

Mark Felt

John Spencer

Ross Davidson

John Kenneth Galbraith

I see that the Weatherman got his wish with the inclusion of Ladybird Johnson ;)

Cheers,

ff

The list is now complete. It is a good list, but there are a few notable omissions that I think should have been included:

Mark Felt

John Spencer

Ross Davidson

John Kenneth Galbraith

I see that the Weatherman got his wish with the inclusion of Ladybird Johnson ;)

Cheers,

ff

Ross Davidson!

Surely you jest, he is a total nobody.

His presence would contaminate the DeathList.

The list is now complete.  It is a good list, but there are a few notable omissions that I think should have been included:

Mark Felt

John Spencer

Ross Davidson

John Kenneth Galbraith

I see that the Weatherman got his wish with the inclusion of Ladybird Johnson  ;)

Cheers,

ff

Ross Davidson!

Surely you jest, he is a total nobody.

His presence would contaminate the DeathList.

That same argument could be used for other deathlist candidates.

I've put together figures for the other names added this afternoon and I think they are even more disapointing. Again if you are thinking of having 12 hits from this years DL then I'm raising my target of getting 16 or 17 hits from my list. (or 30% more)

Also I'm a bit puzzled how Mohammad Ali jumped from being number 43 on the list this morning then number 34 this afternoon. Was there a bit of late thinking with the remaining names today?

I've looked at my weakest numbers against your 50 names and would be supprised if you get more than 3 hits from these 10 people:

Dino deLaurentis, Jake laMotta, Milton Friedman, Eli Wallach, John Profumo, Dom Mintoff, Casper Weinberger, Dame Vera Lynn, JD Salinger & Ingmar Bergman.

In all we have 33 differences of names - off these I'm looking at having a hit number of 98.61 points and yours are 58.16 points - I'm gauging that's about a 40.45% better ratio of dieing from my difference list than yours.

These 10 people have a far higher chance of finding the exit door this year:

Ron Santo, King Sihanouk, Dr Jack Kevorkian, Steven Adler, Jerry Lewis, John Kenneth Galbraith, Tammy Faye (Bakker) Messner, Freddy Fender, Alan Freeman & John Spencer (snooker).

I've looked at my weakest numbers against your 50 names and would be supprised if you get more than 3 hits from these 10 people:

Dino deLaurentis,  Jake laMotta,  Milton Friedman,  Eli Wallach,  John Profumo,  Dom Mintoff,  Casper Weinberger,  Dame Vera Lynn, JD Salinger & Ingmar Bergman.

In all we have 33 differences of names - off these I'm looking at having a hit number of 98.61 points and yours are 58.16 points - I'm gauging that's about a 40.45% better ratio of dieing from my difference list than yours.

These 10 people have a far higher chance of finding the exit door this year:

Ron Santo,  King Sihanouk,  Dr Jack Kevorkian,  Steven Adler,  Jerry Lewis,  John Kenneth Galbraith,  Tammy Faye (Bakker) Messner,  Freddy Fender,  Alan Freeman & John Spencer (snooker).

It is a very well written analysis. In terms of the final 10, I declined to list Tammy Faye (Bakker) Messner, as her personal blog indicated that her cancer was in remission the last time she visited her doctor for treatement.

John Kenneth Galbraith, King Sihanouk and John Spencer (snooker) are definitely on the decline and won't last too much longer. I was expecting to see at least JK Galbraith and John Spencer, if not all three, on the 2006 deathlist.

Dr Jack Kevorkian was a question mark. I was not completely convinced of his condition. I saw the report as more as a publicity stunt to get an early release.

Ron Santo and Alan Freeman are good choices as well.

Good luck on your 2006 ddp and rotten dead pool teams RA!

Regards,

ff

Bakers' Dozen

Rotten Ali Posted on: Feb 5 2005, 11:14 PM

Replies: 8

Views: 541 

I've come up with an idea for a sub-plot on this site - hay, may as well start an informal dead pool all of our own.

I'm calling it Bakers' Dozen - 'cus at 13 names (very unlucky) thats the number of people on my original DDP list I've "past-over" as being outside my current top flight requirements. Hence just for fun, I will be really hacked off if my ratio hits to misses is better in this list than in the official DDP....

Ed Asner, Brooke Astor, Dick Clark, Fats Domino, Kirk Douglas, Ted (still goes gown the pub) Heath, Hugh (all those fit women can't be good for his health can they?) Hefner, Ladybird Johnson, M. T. Kalashnikov, Karl Malden, Ralf (can't drive to save his life) Schumacher, Kurt Waldheim & Big Boris Yeltsin. 

Forum: DeathList Forum  ·  Post Preview: #9226

Some time ago I versed the question what would be the hit ratio of my "reject" list of 13 closely gauged names against the list of 20 I put forward to the DDP in 2005.

Well, I only had 6 hits from my 20 names and just 1 from this smaller "reject" list.

Now in my book that looks like fairly good assessment skills on my part. Maybe I should go into life assurance?

Then again as a further aside, Ralf had another bad crash and Fats was hit by that hurricane.

RA I think it's a very fine list and superior to the DL choices. Ross Davidson is a great talent who will be sadly missed.

Hey Rotten Ali whats that up your ass...wait...it appears to be Godot's head.

That's rich coming from a member of the mods love boat. A hint of jealousy perhaps that Ali has a better quality list?

The 'mods love boat'? Why was I not informed of this group before. Must be exclusive.

Anyhow, I have no jealousy over DDPs but am getting fairly annoyed with the level of smugness from some and sheer 'Victor Meldrew disorder' from others. I know I like a good complain now and then but you lot have taken it to the extreme over the past few days....

I don't think RA is being smug. It's a well argued list and he's put his cards on the table. Only time will tell.

Are you entered in the Derby Dead Pool, Mr.Ali? Only time and The Reaper will tell whose list is better. It is also worth bearing in mind that the Deathlist Top 50 has to have a certain number of candidates that will spark interesting debate. The 'worlds oldest unicyclist' for example, would not inspire the same sort of thread as Kurt Waldheim or Fidel Castro.

Godot Posted on Jan 3 2006, 01:30 AM

I don't think RA is being smug. It's a well argued list and he's put his cards on the table. Only time will tell.

My wife tells me I'm the least smug person she knows, but then again say says it might just be my internet alter-ego!

In answer to Anubis the Jackal - I'm entered for this year's DDP, The Game Gazette (68 names), and notapotato's Hartlepool DeadlyPool. Also running a September '05 to September '06 Rotten.com Deadpool entry all under the team title Stab in the Dark. (currently 3 out of 10)

The latter I highly recommend at this time of year as you can join at any time and the "accolades" are given out at the very end of the year so you can look at who is well fancied in the other deadpools and pick a strong 10 person team with the aim to play till the end of December. They have 3 leaders at the moment each on 8 out of 10 hits so its a good test of the old Dr's say "only got 6 months to live" spotting skills.

Anyway I still believe its better to load a list with people who have a poor medical history than old folk who do the old coffin dodger act. Even saw that Brooke Astor and Art Linkletter are being tagged with DDP joker status without any either showing signs of ill health. Now to me that's living between false hope and just picking an easy target. There are more and more 110 year olds alive - so at 103 Brooke Astor could outlast quite a few on most peoples lists.

The other day Philip Whitehead MEP died at aged just 68 - now I've met him on a few occasions, being such a really nice bloke he even bought me a pint once. But I think the toll of 50 odd flights back and forth to Europe each year place a high load on the body in some way I can see that one's lifestyle is THE key to their well being.

But I think the toll of 50 odd flights back and forth to Europe each year place a high load on the body

If that's the case then airline pilots must be dropping like flies. :unsure:

But I think the toll of 50 odd flights back and forth to Europe each year place a high load on the body

If that's the case then airline pilots must be dropping like flies. :unsure:

Thanks for the tip, Brian Dowling's on my list for next year then.

Godot Posted on Jan 3 2006, 01:30 AM

My wife tells me I'm the least smug person she knows, but then again say says it might just be my internet alter-ego!

In answer to Anubis the Jackal - I'm entered for this year's DDP, The Game Gazette (68 names), and notapotato's Hartlepool DeadlyPool. Also running a September '05 to September '06 Rotten.com Deadpool entry all under the team title Stab in the Dark. (currently 3 out of 10)

The latter I highly recommend at this time of year as you can join at any time and the "accolades" are given out at the very end of the year so you can look at who is well fancied in the other deadpools and pick a strong 10 person team with the aim to play till the end of December. They have 3 leaders at the moment each on 8 out of 10 hits so its a good test of the old Dr's say "only got 6 months to live" spotting skills.

Anyway I still believe its better to load a list with people who have a poor medical history than old folk who do the old coffin dodger act. Even saw that Brooke Astor and Art Linkletter are being tagged with DDP joker status without any either showing signs of ill health. Now to me that's living between false hope and just picking an easy target. There are more and more 110 year olds alive - so at 103 Brooke Astor could outlast quite a few on most peoples lists.

The other day Philip Whitehead MEP died at aged just 68 - now I've met him on a few occasions, being such a really nice bloke he even bought me a pint once. But I think the toll of 50 odd flights back and forth to Europe each year place a high load on the body in some way I can see that one's lifestyle is THE key to their well being.

Had three on my 2004-2005 Rotten Deadpool (Goes from May-May, so I got Reagan, Miller and JPII), but sadly only one this round so far. For my next round, I've got a solid team ready, so I'm a bit anxious for that.

Rotten is good, except that since there's so many players, no one's going to notice your name unless you get 8 or 9 hits (the latter of which has only happened once).

The point about Whitehead makes me wonder if we should have more discussion of current politicians other than the usuals - Foot, Healey, Thatcher, Benn, Carrington, Paisley etc.

Nicholas Soames is a bit of a fat slob.

The point about Whitehead makes me wonder if we should have more discussion of current politicians other than the usuals - Foot, Healey, Thatcher, Benn, Carrington, Paisley etc.

Nicholas Soames is a bit of a fat slob.

Soames may be a fatty, but so was his grandfather Churchill, and he lived to ninety.

My money would be on Dennis Skinner dying from a heart attack, he looks unwell, very pasty faced and haggard.

But he's always looked like that. There has to be some others.

Then again, if this is anything to go by, these people can go on forever.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2895889.stm

Just off to work and away from my computer for the next 4 days so wanted to pop a note in here to say how happy I am at being listed in 1st place on Rotten.com's deadpool site. Bit of a debate as to the order they list every one but with a 5 out of 10 score and only 9 players having at least that number I'm listed as at least 9th out of about 20,000 players.

Have a good week every one.