honez

Things To Do While Waiting For Death... 2006

This place is chock full of left brainers, even the women. What am I doing here?

For any non-footie fans Channel 5 promises two death-related programmes this Weds from 8. First up, the story behind that Bulgarian guy who got stabbed with a poisoned umbrella tip on London Bridge, including (supposedly) uncovering who did it. Next up, it's "Brad, Jen and Angelina: A Fatal Attraction". I'm intrigued to see how C5 will justify the word "fatal" in that title, since last time I checked all three of them are still alive. They say they have never-before-seen video, probably shot by some guy hanging out of a tree overlooking stately Pitt Manor. Maybe it will turn out Jennifer Aniston's a bunny-boiler. Seems like she could be the type.

I watch quite a few C5 documentaries and whilst they are always pretty well presented etc. I normally find that their conclusions are often, well, rather lacking- so I think we might be disappointed if we're holding out for the never before seen footage to be Aniston plunging a knife into Angelina's back. Personally, I'm hoping the footage was shot on a sunny day that turned suddenly wet and they both starting fighting in mud whilst wearing bikinis.

That would be nice.

That said, I am looking forward to the umbrella tip murderer one. Perhaps he'll be revealed to be Aniston?

I watch quite a few C5 documentaries and whilst they are always pretty well presented etc. I normally find that their conclusions are often, well, rather lacking- so I think we might be disappointed if we're holding out for the never before seen footage to be Aniston plunging a knife into Angelina's back. Personally, I'm hoping the footage was shot on a sunny day that turned suddenly wet and they both starting fighting in mud whilst wearing bikinis.

That would be nice.

That said, I am looking forward to the umbrella tip murderer one. Perhaps he'll be revealed to be Aniston?

Interestingly, Jennifer Aniston's father John Aniston, has played evil Victor Kiriakis for many years on US soap Days of Our Lives, so he'd be familiar with how to commit exciting, exotic deaths. According to wiki he was once an intelligence officer in the US Navy, so he'd know how to handle a weapon. Right age (born in 1933, making him 45 in 1978 when Markov got brolleyed). Plus Aniston was originally Greek, and they probably have something against the Bulgarians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Aniston

I realised the person setting the quiz was a moron, and gave up.

hey, i am not a moron, yet.

Apologies for that comment doggie. I believe the sentence,

"Ensure them that you have both countries interests at heart and overtime wish to build a meaningful relationship"

is meant to read,

"Assure them that you have both countries' interests at heart and, over time, wish to build a meaningful relationship."

Apologies for that comment doggie. I believe the sentence,

"Ensure them that you have both countries interests at heart and overtime wish to build a meaningful relationship"

is meant to read,

"Assure them that you have both countries' interests at heart and, over time, wish to build a meaningful relationship."

Bravo, Cowboy Ronnie! :)

Find something amusing in this cornucopia of the bizarre, the tasteless and sometimes really quite funny. I love Dogman and Windsor no doubt will be drawn to God Save The Queen.

http://www.waspbox.com/gallery/gallery.htm

This place is chock full of left brainers, even the women. What am I doing here?

Not all of us:

You responded as a right-brained person to 10 questions, and you responded as a left-brained person to 8 questions.

though admittedly I found some of the questions, er, questionable. For example, when I walk into a seating area, so far as I'm aware I couldn't care less about whether I sit on the left side or the right side. I prefer to sit as close to the front as possible, regardless of sides.

Not all of us:

You responded as a right-brained person to 10 questions, and you responded as a left-brained person to 8 questions.

though admittedly I found some of the questions, er, questionable. For example, when I walk into a seating area, so far as I'm aware I couldn't care less about whether I sit on the left side or the right side. I prefer to sit as close to the front as possible, regardless of sides.

I had to think about that one too, also how I sit, what difference does that make? Thinking about it, I do always go right, unless I have a specific reason to turn left. Sometimes I set off places from home and turn right at the top of the road without thinking, finding myself heading I know not where. The thing is, when that happens I rarely turn round and go back (even if it is logical to do so) but just try going another (often very roundabout) way.

The phone is another example. I always put it to my right ear. On the left side it feels so wrong I will ask people to hang on while I switch. But that probably has more to do with right handedness wheres L/R brain shouldn't be connected to that.

i was the 10th doctor with 75%

I know there a few Doctor Who fans here. Have a go at this. I'm most like the fourth and the second doctors apparently

http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=166656

Did the test. I was hoping to be Tom Baker's Doctor Who, but no.

You scored as 1st Doctor.

Grumpy, proud, but really just an old softy. Intelligence is no barrier to you.

By the way, I'm not a fan of Doctor Who, I just think Tom Baker looked way cool as the Doctor. :D

I know there a few Doctor Who fans here. Have a go at this. I'm most like the fourth and the second doctors apparently

I'm most like the fourth too. I had to do a tie-breaker which involved choosing between umbrellas and scarves. This was a tough one as I like both very much, I went for the scarves in the end.

Well it seems I am Tom Baker, I do love my gadgets..hmmm now where did I put that damn scarf !!

cheers

Scsi

I'm most like the 9th Doctor, Christopher Ecclestone, which I'm glad about as I don't think he encountered the Cybermen, I watched tonights episode of Dr. Who quivering behind the sofa, I know it is crap but metal men terrify me :)

Ok, I may have actually gotten close to completing my Desert Island Discs... possibly.

1. Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd

2. Monkberry Moon Delight - Paul McCartney

3. Don't You Worry Bout A Thing - Stevie Wonder

4. Man of Constant Sorrow - The Soggy Bottom Boys

5. I'm In The Jailhouse Now - Soggy Bottom Boys

6. Golden Slumbers - The Beatles

7. Every other song by The Beatles because I really can't choose.

No. It will not do at all. I'll have to swap a few for some others.... ;)

Six Wrote:

Now, I thought I knew a thing or two music, but you've got me stumped here!

I'm off to do a Google search on these Soggy Bottom Boys and enlighten myself...

Ok, I may have actually gotten close to completing my Desert Island Discs... possibly.

Now you're talking! I once went to Alabama to see if the skies really are so blue. It was cloudy that whole day. As soon as we got back to Pensacola, however, bang! Blue skies as far as the eye could see :lol:

I was in a rock band in high school; we did a sort of Indy/Rock cover version of Sweet Home Alabama, 'cos we thought it was very cool and obscure. We spend hours (at least 6 hours, anyway) rehearsing it and were all fired up for releasing it as a single and making a fortune, so we asked a teacher for advice. After about 20 seconds of his laughter, we realised how huge Skynyrd were and that there are a zillion copyrights on that track. With our tails firmly between our legs, we decided not to bother, but we did still perform it at our gigs. The kids loved it! It was always the last track we played, the first being a wildly over-acted version of Highway To Hell by AC/DC.

While waiting for death, try learning an instrument or, if you're not musically gifted, try the drums like I did! Music certainly died a little the day I took up "percussion".

2. Monkberry Moon Delight - Paul McCartney

3. Don't You Worry Bout A Thing - Stevie Wonder

6. Golden Slumbers - The Beatles

7. Every other song by The Beatles because I really can't choose.

No. It will not do at all. I'll have to swap a few for some others.... :lol:

a somewhat controversial choice at number 1 there, Six, if this guy is to believed:

http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/bra...sweet_home.html

here's Wiki's take

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Home_Alabama_(song)

Now, to find out if there really is synchronicity between watching The Wizard of Oz and listening to Dark Side of the Moon......

a somewhat controversial choice at number 1 there, Six, if this guy is to believed:

http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/bra...sweet_home.html

here's Wiki's take

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Home_Alabama_(song)

Gosh. I just think it's a rockin' tune! Well, if those guys are right then I disagree with the message of the song. If not, and I hope not, then it's still one great riff!

To Star Crossed, I am learning a musical instrument, although I doubt I'm going to take the world by storm with my ukulele versions of hard rock tracks!

To BHB, there have been many versions of In The Jailhouse Now, but the one I chose is taken from ' O Brother Where Art Thou '; a great film with an excellent soundtrack. The Soggy Bottom Boys is the name of the band in the film, but really it's Dan Timinsky (?) who should get the credit!

:lol:

I know it is crap but metal men terrify me ;)

:D

Hey i love doctor who, i even make signatures and download episodes.

For some reason I have also been thinking long and hard about this. What is this thing about lists? Trying to create an illusion of order and control I guess.

I settled on a list of songs that whilst I would concede are not the finest examples of musical endeavour, they are songs I would, today at least, most miss on this island. Anyone who knows me well would also be able to identify me from these choices.

These hands (small but mighty)- Bobby Bland

I can't quit you baby- Nine Below Zero

The Saturday Boy- Billy Bragg

These arms of mine- Otis Redding

Le Sud- Nino Ferrer

The Genius of Love- Tom Tom Club

I found lovin'- Fat Back Band

Manhatten-Kaboul- Renaud and Axelle Red