Guest Banshees Scream

Charles Lane

Now that he is 101, it remains to see if my dream of his death at that age will prove true.

Of course, given the odds, it's a pretty fair proposition, psychic dream or not.

Now that he is 101, it remains to see if my dream of his death at that age will prove true.

Of course, given the odds, it's a pretty fair proposition, psychic dream or not.

Hmm Charles Lane, I admire his character as he is quoted as saying'

"Having had so many small parts, there was a character I played that showed up all the time and people did get to know him, like an old friend."

I say bless you Charles Lane, but you can go tommorow if you'd like.

Guest Joseph

Charles Lane 101 today. In Petticoat Junction.My Webpage :lol:

[Link removed - ff]

Charles Lane 101 today. In Petticoat Junction. My Webpage :)

Vote Republican, did you? Nice poem, you ignorant religious bigot. Move to Kansas; they tolerate your type there, so I've heard.

Jesus... :lol:

[Link removed - ff]

Charles Lane 101 today. In Petticoat Junction. My Webpage :lol:

F*cking hell. Don't the mods usually delete this kind of propaganda'ed posting/promotion of websites?

Or are you all too busy listening to Betty Jean's cassette? (I know I am.)

(try links now...ATJ)

Is Charles Lane a good choice for '06?

Is he famous enough?

The above early post by Banshees is perfectly spelt, a miracle I thought, until I realised he'd just cut and pasted it from imdb.

apparently he is....

Guest busler

Charles Lane deserves a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

For what?

Mr. Lane is richly deserving of the honor. At his advanced age, it should be done ASAP while there is still time.

For what?

The Holywood Walk Of Fame should have a star for Charles Lane. It's a hard judgement to make

that he deserves it because of his age. That isn't why he would deserve a star. The only person who would deserve a star for that is George Burns since the last decade or so of his life all he did was brag about smoking cigars and drinking martini's as a 92 year old man. But Charles Lane's acting career should do the trick. And you know...

The Deathlist's Holywood Walk Of Fame also hope's to add a star including him possibly this year?

Charles Lane is 101 years old. It shouldn't be to long before he takes a stroll on Deathlists walk of fame.

Who says he's still walking?

I was going to to argue in the "Not Famous Enough..." thread that Barnard Hughes was at least as famous as Charles Lane but then I got to thinking and I thought I'd raise the issue.

Is Charles Lane likely to get a British Obit? I mean, he's well known in Deadpool circles because of his age and his prolificness. In fact, along with Johannes Heesters he's probably one of the only actors out there who's known well enough that people care that he's 100+ years old (confusing sentence, I know, but I think you get my point).

I would venture a guess that he'd get a mention in America, since that's where the majority of his work was done, but would we receive one in England? Just a thought, because it seems there was such a haste to add 100+ people is all...

Is Charles Lane likely to get a British Obit?

Yes, he will. Whether he gets one immediately, like a BBC Obit, I do not know, but he'll definitely get a mention in one of the broadsheets, even if it's just a "Deaths in Brief" for example.

Why?

Because he's appeared (and made an impression) in some of THE great or popular movies, including It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, It's a Wonderful Life, Mr Smith Goes to Washington, You Can't Take It With You, Mr Deeds Goes To Town etc etc etc

Other than that, he's one of the last links with the stars of the Golden Age. There aren't many left who acted alongside Barrymore, Tracy, Stewart, Cooper etc.

Had a dream last night where Charles Lane and Milton Friedman were catapulted into a tree in the middle of nowhere and I had to try and save them by traveling through time. Long story short, Lane died and in the end, Milton Friedman proved to have magical powers that allowed him to teleport, so he saved himself. Then I had to deal with the army of duck penguins that my cat had sent to my front door as he tried Friedman's teleport trick, but that's another story.

That's the second time I've had a dream about Lane dying, which, granted, means nothing, but is more than the F**k all that has been in the news about him.

Charles Lane has a character like no other. He referred to himself as an old friend that would drop by in sitcoms and old films. What a life.

It is just over 6 weeks to Mr Lane's 102nd birthday and if any of you avid researchers fans would like to ask about the party plans or send a greeting there's an email link on this site which might achieve results. The link dates from his 100th birthday party in 2005 but might be worth a try.

Happy Birthday Charlie, 102 today! :lol:

Right 102 years old. Charles Lane made his first movie 'Smart Money (1931)' - I personally think everybody should stand up from these chairs and give this man a few claps. For god sakes. Get the f**k up off your chair and give this guy a hand. Come on, 102 years old. And thanks to me he is on here. So far what a life, What a wonderful life.

Come on, 102 years old. What A Wonderful Life.

Lane is probably thinking It's A Wonderful Life.

He was in that too. Top man.

I'm not sure how many of you tuned in to the 79th 'Academy Awards' - I couldn't be bothered.

But I was thinking of the possibility that Charles Lane could have attended the first session back in 1928. Can anybody find living proof of this?

And if anybody could be bothered, unlike myself - Could somebody post the slide show or just the names of those who were given tribute last night? I have always enjoyed that. The short film of those who left us last year ..

I'm not sure how many of you tuned in to the 79th 'Academy Awards' - I couldn't be bothered.

But I was thinking of the possibility that Charles Lane could have attended the first session back in 1928. Can anybody find living proof of this?

Yes. No Chance. He didn't make his first film until 1931! :(

I also doubt he would've been there much in the early days - he really became a bit more known when Frank Capra started casting him in his films in the mid-late 30's onwards.

The first actual awards were in 1929, though, for 1927/1928.

I doubt if anyone would be still alive from the first two or three. Luise Rainer, Mickey Rooney, Shirley Temple are still around from the early 1930's, Gloria Stuart too.

Certainly all the winners in 1927/28 are long dead.

Yes. No Chance. He didn't make his first film until 1931! :banghead:

I also doubt he would've been there much in the early days - he really became a bit more known when Frank Capra started casting him in his films in the mid-late 30's onwards.

The first actual awards were in 1929, though, for 1927/1928.

I doubt if anyone would be still alive from the first two or three. Luise Rainer, Mickey Rooney, Shirley Temple are still around from the early 1930's, Gloria Stuart too.

Certainly all the winners in 1927/28 are long dead.

One woman remains who was in attendance at the first Academy Awards: Anita Page

That's surprising too given, if you trust Wikipedia, that less than 250 people attended, no broadcast was made and the winners were announced far ahead of time. The whole ceremony lasted 15 minutes.

Very interesting link Paul. That woman made her film debut 82 years ago.

My god.

I think there are also a few other forgotten actors who are really up in age. But they don't seem to have any

recognition these days.

Very interesting link Paul. That woman made her film debut 82 years ago. My god'

I think there are also a few other forgotten actors who are really up in age. But they don't seem to have any

recognition these days.

I share your enthusiasm. I'm thinking of getting an autograph.