Sign in to follow this  
Grim Reaper

Caspar Weinberger

I have a strong feeling that today marks the beginning of a period of rapid deathlist 'hits'

Well allready where I live spring has bloomed. I feel as well Deathlist will have some number of deaths bloom this April. ..

Well, it will be hit number four once a British news site picks up on it.

Again, a sign that things certainly happen in twos - look at it in the last few days:-

Two British Tv actors dead in a day

Two racing drivers dead in two days.

Two rock musicians dead in two days.

Two noted artists dead in two days.

and now.. Two of Reagan's closest aides dead in two days.

Two chess players dead in the past month (Heuer & Kholmov)

Ahh, what a pleasent surprise! Casper Weinberger's demise gives us our 4th DL graduate from the class of 2006.

Ahh, what a pleasent surprise! Casper Weinberger's demise gives us our 4th DL graduate from the class of 2006.

For April a Brooke Astor death right after her 104th birthday should make the grade. B)

Didn't know that was a requirement once DL candidates were already on the list. :o

It's on the front page of the Deathlist, CP.

I see what you mean though, but there might be an occasion (I admit unlikely) where a DL selection doesn't make a UK obit. Indeed there's a few this year that given a busy news day or week might have the DL biting its proverbial fingernails.

This is a good hit by the DL. Not the most famous on the list, not particulary in ill-health. I'd say this makes up for at least one of Rugova or Winters.

Yet another DDP selection I missed, though. B) Obviously being terminally ill or very old doesn't appear to make much difference these days....

I had Weinberger pencilled in as a possibility but left him off my final selection :):o

Farewell

baseball20cap2yr.jpgwinebottlegrapes1br.jpgburger5vo.jpg

:lol:

Well done!

After all the recent carping here I think the "picks" team should be congratulated for landing such a big name. There's a big difference between Weinberger and all those celebrity manicurists and other small fry that creep on to the near misses thread.

Kudos to the DL organising committee!

Currently 1.33 deaths per month; at this rate, this'll be the most successful DL list in the history of DL lists (I think)!

:lol: Caspar :(

Casper Weinberger is the 4th success of 2006.

He is the 141st success since 1987

The 2006 list is now in 15th place out of the 20 lists since 1987.

He is also the 2nd hit this month. Hopefully the DL can keep up the good work!

Selfish little s.o.b. croaking like this at this time and taking away the spotlight and limelight from Lyn Nofziger........

Right on the ball - Windsor, Caugh caugh "Mr Stats" . . .

Banshees, Banshees - if you really wanted stats I would have also included that 3 of our 4 successes are first time listings. Also, I may have added that as a group, politicians account for 50% of our deaths.

That would just be going too far I feel...(noted these down for the next death).

Truth be told, Weinberger made the list in no small part on the basis of the prospective "Caspar the Ghost" deadline. But hey, whatever works, right?

By my math this puts DL on pace for 16 for the year, but let's not start counting our coffins too soon.

Truth be told, Weinberger made the list in no small part on the basis of the prospective "Caspar the Ghost" deadline. But hey, whatever works, right?

By my math this puts DL on pace for 16 for the year, but let's not start counting our coffins too soon.

But I think i'll keep my eyes open for a record breaking year...

Banshees, Banshees - if you really wanted stats I would have also included that 3 of our 4 successes are first time listings. Also, I may have added that as a group, politicians account for 50% of our deaths.

That would just be going too far I feel...(noted these down for the next death).

Wel that would be a bit obsessive, wouldn't it? Good thing you didn't consider that...

If so I would have to of suggested that you occupy your time even more by volunteering for the Boys & Girls club or something like it... :lol:

In reality you certainly participate in enough of those!

Wel that would be a bit obsessive, wouldn't it? Good thing you didn't consider that...

If so I would have to of suggested that you occupy your time even more by volunteering for the Boys & Girls club or something like it... :lol:

In reality you certainly participate in enough of those!

It was 'parents night' tonight, so I won't see those wretched children until September. So that means lots of spare time to increase my database on deathlist stats. :(

Given the likelihood that Caspar's DL obit shan't be written for, er, a while... any chance someone could fix the erroneous pluralisation on the front page?

Unless it's some kind of Weinbergeresque "in" joke that I don't get... because I actually have no idea who he is (aside from his being a committed DL candidate who was willing to go the whole hog for the greater good that is the 2006 list... unlike some candidates who insist on continuing to live :lol: ).

It was 'parents night' tonight, so I won't see those wretched children until September. So that means lots of spare time to increase my database on deathlist stats. :lol:

Parents Night?

I thought you worked in an old peoples home for some reason...

I notice that three of the four graduates this year have been Deathlist "virgins". Maybe being on the list for several years gives people an added incentive to stay alive?

"It worked for me." Clive Dunn

He's been on the list for 10 years. Is this a record?

Clive has to be on the list 5 more times to beat the Queen Mother's record of 14 listings.

Clive has to be on the list 5 more times to beat the Queen Mother's record of 14 listings.

Thanks for the info, TF.

Does the Queen know about this? She might be very excited that her mother held such a unique record.