Grim Reaper

Ingmar Bergman

We have a Fim Director here which we haven't had any present since

I would say back in the days of the 2003 list.

Hopefully he and Dino de Laurentis can direct what Elia Kazan directed back in

the 2003 year of DL.

oooh a honest to goodness FIM director........

What is a FIM director Barnshees?

Someone who directs FIMs, obviously.

regards,

Hein

Obviously Bruno my friend you know nothing about the world of directing.

Now I laugh. ;)

I don't think IB should be on he list.But if there is one person likely to acceept death philosophically it is him.

Guest boomstick

Nah, Bergman isn't sick or anything, just old. He'll live for a couple of years more. He seems very vital in the most recent interviews.

Nah, Bergman isn't sick or anything, just old. He'll live for a couple of years more. He seems very vital in the most recent interviews.

Has she had a sex change recently?

Oh Bollocks, I thought this thread was about Ingrid Bergman :lol: (who died 24 years ago!) Please do not take the piss to harshly........

Hmmm 24 years behind the times AND mistaken identity. Got any low down on the late Sir Mollie Sugden by any chance?

Oh Bollocks, I thought this thread was about Ingrid Bergman :lol: (who died 24 years ago!) Please do not take the piss to harshly........

Its reading posts like this that make me so thankful I have the power to delete my own posts :rolleyes:

You'll do well to get off lightly Miller :rolleyes:

Been there, done that myself! It's really bad when you post about a dead 'un.

I was shown no mercy at all - release the dogs!

DWB :lol:

An enigmatic oldster hangin' on with very few words, just a sort of over-bearing presence. The identity of the oldster being confused with that of someone else who died nearly a quarter of a century ago.

Lots of little conversations sparking off and suggesting tangents never completely explored.

I saw movies like this when I was a student and it leaves me wondering, could Ingmar have a more fitting tribute than this thread?

I love Ingmar's work although I imagine that when the Swedish film 'Fanny and Alexander' was released in 1982 lots of people were expecting something more special interest than a 5 hour epic about a Swedish family at the start of the 20th Century...

This isn't funny anymore. I used to think Bergman movies were dull, but this thread......

Where are his devoted fans stumbing upon this, abusing us and injecting some energy?

This isn't funny anymore. I used to think Bergman movies were dull, but this thread......

Where are his devoted fans stumbing upon this, abusing us and injecting some energy?

They went on holiday to Sweden and their Citroen 2CV got stuck in the mud near Uppsala, after which they lost the will to live.

[Pan to sunset over endless pine forest]

[Fade-in of Sibelius music]

[Titles]

regards,

Hein

MH; Send me the script, I think I can get Richard O' Sullivan to star in it.

Now the question is MPFC, why did you choose to resurrect this thread from the depths and not the Dino De Laurentiis thread, which is now in last place... surely you aren't suggesting that Ingmar Bergman is a better director than Dino De Laurentiis?

You're right, I'm not suggesting that. In fact, I'm not suggesting Ingmar Bergman is a better director than the people who manage most episodes of Balamory.

Today at the Undergrad Research Conference, we are allowed to attend any roundtable that we wished to in the session that we weren't presenting in. Innocently, two of my friends and I decided that the Film Studies and Performing Arts Roundtable would be the most interesting out of all the other topics.

Three hours later, I decided that I was very happy with Ingmar's position on the DL. Ingmar is like a Stanley Kubrick who's films aren't interesting.

Everyone was so caught up with Ford, they forgot it was also Ingmar Bergman's 88th birthday today!

Everyone was so caught up with Ford, they forgot it was also Ingmar Bergman's 88th birthday today!

I can't say that I've heard of this individual. Perhaps I should cart myself off to wikipedia...

Happy 88th Birthday, may it be your last!

Ingmar Bergman the 88 year old film maker would fit fine for death number 8. I'm beginning to get pathetically bored.

I'm beginning to get pathetically bored.

Well Banshees, you could always vye for Laura as a way of occupying your time. Although it appears you may need to fight OoO for her. Which in itself could prove quite entertaining for the rest of us.