Grim Reaper

Dino De Laurentiis

Oh wow, some action after three months on this thread!

Not only that, his name is finally spelt right after 8 months!! ;)

And that, I fear, is about as exciting as this thread is going to get all year. <_<

And that, I fear, is about as exciting as this thread is going to get all year. ;)

I was very bored, OoO <_<

Ah Boudicca, I've been missing the chance to swap banter with your good self, we seem to have been inhabiting different threads. Dino's place is a dull as hell eh? Having broken my arm and had to curtail my work I too am bored and have lately been amusing myself by reading books with lots of pages and no pictures. If my fellow West Cumbrians find out they'll break my other arm!

Seems his only claim to fame was his partnership with Carlo Ponti! Although Ponti was most famous for being Mr Sophia Loren! :lol:

Not only that, his name is finally spelt right after 8 months!! :P

And that, I fear, is about as exciting as this thread is going to get all year. :rolleyes:

Seems as if you were right OoO, as it is now his 88th birthday and there's been only one post in between. :)

And that, I fear, is about as exciting as this thread is going to get all year. :skill2:

Seems as if you were right OoO, as it is now his 88th birthday and there's been only one post in between. :skill2:

Now it is his 89th and not a single post inbetween. Until he dies, he'll probably never get another non-birthday related post.

Guest WEP
Now it is his 89th and not a single post inbetween. Until he dies, he'll probably never get another non-birthday related post.

Well, Herbert Lom did not even get that!

Guest Dino Saw

I prefer this Dino thread to the new one.

I prefer this Dino thread to the new one.

Give it a chance - I think it has a lot of potential; it just needs a little decoration.

The name didn't ring a bell, so I went to give him a read on the ol' Wiki.

Was behind quite a few duff films in his time, but produced Flash Gordon and Manhunter, so he can't be all that bad.

I never actually cared for this guy - but for the fact that I find the spelling of his name quite intriguing.

But I was só incredibly wrong! He produced Barbarella, according to wiki!! Come on guys, Barbarella! One of the most fascinating movies ever, and not because of the (ahum) soft-erotic scenes with Jane Fonda, but because it's without the shadow of a doubt the worst movie ever. (Or that's what I thought before I saw Conan the Barbarian.)

I never actually cared for this guy - but for the fact that I find the spelling of his name quite intriguing.

But I was só incredibly wrong! He produced Barbarella, according to wiki!! Come on guys, Barbarella! One of the most fascinating movies ever, and not because of the (ahum) soft-erotic scenes with Jane Fonda, but because it's without the shadow of a doubt the worst movie ever. (Or that's what I thought before I saw Conan the Barbarian.)

I've watch the whole film from beginning through end, It's wasn't that bad.

I bought worse film ever 5 years ago for 1 or 2 euro's at "De Boekenvoordeel".

I.am still regreting it.

This piece of sh*t:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0818485/

Did it come with a free Barf Bag?

Do you think it's too much to ask that he take that bobble-headed Giada with him?

Do you think it's too much to ask that he take that bobble-headed Giada with him?

Why? It's not right for grampa to split with the person who is supposed to prepare the after funeral meal.

Our man's being presented with an award at the Venice Film Festival this week, so, hey, here's some original content for this thread.

Guest Guest_ImissMontpellier_*

he has died in LA, according to Italian reuters

Google News is bringing up reports in Dutch, Spanish, French, German, Italian and Russian.

I think we can assume he's mort, dood, morte, tot or whatever.

Google News is bringing up reports in Dutch, Spanish, French, German, Italian and Russian.

I think we can assume he's mort, dood, morte, tot or whatever.

Google translate has even stretched to dead.

Now on AFP. Damn! Another one I had on last year's DDP, if I remember correctly.