Sign in to follow this  
Death Star

General Pinochet

This thread is the place to discuss General Pinochet.

• Like 2

Guest Guest_Faustus

I would like to be left his magic wheelchair when he pops off...i could take it around all hospitals, cos when a invalid has sat in it, they can MIRACULOUSLY walk.....

Sorry Faustus, but I understand that John Paul II has already got a marker on it. Course, thats if he outlasts the General :D

I think General Pinochet should be in next years list as the pressure is now mounting since being stripped of immunity from prosecution.

Old Augusto's ailments included 3 minor strokes, diabetes and arthritis, and has been given a pacemaker. and also has mild dementia.

Though he might be a lying bastard, trying to wriggle his old sorry ass out of the mess he got it into.

:ph34r: Now wheres that rifle????

[This posting merged from general forum - DWB]

Guest Four Donkeys of the Apocolypse

Didn't the "Great Obscurforcator......sorry Communicator" Ronnie Ray Gun have his opponents Presidential Palace visited by a B52? Has he ever paid the bill for that? I think we should alert Dickless Cheyney to that little avenue of profit pronto!

Guest Sergio - Venezuela

That assasin should has died 30 years ago!

Latest news is that the three doctors who examined Pinochet have come to different conclusions.

Surpisingly enough, the doctor for the prosecution says he is mentally fit to stand trial; the doctor for the defence says he is not; and the neutral doctor says he has 'mild dementia'! Good to see the doctors acting so independently and professionally :D

It has taken a while, but finally a Chilean judge has displayed some courage by indicting General Pinochet and putting him under house arrest for human rights abuses. He is now facing charges for the disappearance of nine opposition activists and the killing of one of them during his 17-year regime. I saw him on the news last night and he looked very frail, as he had to be helped along by two other people. It looks like he has dementia, as he did not appear to know where he was and had very little control of his movement.

Despite this, it will be a good thing to see this thug stand trial for the sake of justice, even though he looks like he is not going to last much longer.

Chilean judge charges Pinochet

Guest Fenisnad

The guy deserves to die...he's murdered far more than he's being charged for.

Let's not forget who put him in power....good ol' US of A.

GENERAL PINNOCHET MAY BE AN ARSEHOLE BUT HE HELPED THE BRITISH OUT IN THE FALKLANDS AND I BELIEVE HE'S ON MRS THATCH'S CHRISTMAS CARD LIST.

BUT FOR HOW LONG IS ANYONES GUESS

The Falkland's conflict that could have been resolved diplomatically by Lord Carrington and others if Thatcher hadn't been so pig-headed? We owe Pinosh*t no favours.

The Falkland's conflict that could have been resolved diplomatically by Lord Carrington and others if Thatcher hadn't been so pig-headed? We owe Pinosh*t no favours.

If there were some way of getting him deleted from Lady Thatcher's Christmas card list, I would be prepared to do my small bit to help.

I think that would count as a favour which no one would grudge him.

If there were some way of getting him deleted from Lady Thatcher's Christmas card list, I would be prepared to do my small bit to help.

The easiest way to get that result would be the elimination of that Thatcher person.

Any objections? :(

regards,

Hein

Guest Basil Bush
GENERAL PINNOCHET MAY BE AN ARSEHOLE BUT HE HELPED THE BRITISH OUT IN THE FALKLANDS AND I BELIEVE HE'S ON MRS THATCH'S CHRISTMAS CARD LIST.

Let's not kid ourselves - the only reason Pinochet helped Britain during the Falklands War is that Chile was involved in a dispute with Argentina at the time about the possession of 3 islands at the tip of South America. He presumably thought that if Argentina got it in the bollocks from the Brits, Chile would be better placed to swipe the islands for itself. Pinochet is a disgusting specimen who fakes illnesses to wriggle out of answering for his crimes.

Guest Palehorse

So, he saved Chile from communist takeover. Where's the crime?

Guest Basil Bush

No-one in their right mind would want Communism in their country, bringing as it generally does, murder, repression, torture, no freedom of speech, censorship, fear, etc. Trouble with Pinochet is that his methods for keeping Communism out of Chile included murder, repression, torture, no freedom of speech, censorship, fear, etc. It's rather like trying to put a fire out with petrol.

Guest Yodas Ghost

Let's be honest, the bastard will probably shuffle of this mortal coil just to beat a conviction...

Guest alvaro

that's even a bigger reason for calling him a F*****g arsehole, as chilean and argentinian people have always thought of themselves as brothers. Actually these countries fought together to get independence from spain in the early 1800s.

The only reason why pinochet helped tatcher is because he was going to war against argentinian dictator, Videla, and having Britain on his side would have proven helpful. And note that pinochet going to war against videla wasn't what the chilean nor the argentinean people wanted.

Actually, when we knew in Chile that Pinochet helpep Thatcher during the falklands war (we knew in the early 1990s), all of us, Chilean people felt like we had betrayed our brothers, the argentinians.

is not that we were willing to help argentina fighting against Britain, but certainly we would not help Britain fight and neighbour.

finally, I hope pinochet don't die. I wish he stays alive to stand trail and be declared guilty of his crimes (tortures, state terrorism, dissapearing people, bombing cars of people on exile, etc etc etc )

No-one in their right mind would want Communism in their country, bringing as it generally does, murder, repression, torture, no freedom of speech, censorship, fear, etc. Trouble with Pinochet is that his methods for keeping Communism out of Chile included murder, repression, torture, no freedom of speech, censorship, fear, etc. It's rather like trying to put a fire out with petrol.

A sensible analysis about foreign policy from someone called Bush...

Will wonders never cease.

Is it true that you're the non-idiot brother Basil?

Guest esciliati

pinochet is what we the chilean call: viejo culiao.

he cant die.

he must pay for the crime who he did to south america.

it's a fake copy for hitler, bush and castro. assasain, stupid, armed.

Guest One Man Jury
pinochet is what we the chilean call: viejo culiao.

he cant die.

he must pay for the crime who he did to south america.

it's a fake copy for hitler, bush and castro. assasain, stupid, armed.

But stiill literate, unlike you.