Death Star

General Pinochet

Yes, we don't know shiet....

articles68560pinochetjugv4.jpg

Nice chap...

Guest Guest

thanx for agreeing with me :)

thanx for agreeing with me :huh:

I refer you to comments I made earlier...

Seems as if Pinochet died on his wife's birthday.

Could have least bought her a watch or something... :huh:

Pinochet's wife's wiki

Shame it wasn't that hag thatcher. Still hopefully this will help finish her off. :huh:

I was a member a while ago I'm not sure how long ago maybe a year or so.

I did that. Less than a month ago I deleted dozens of members who never posted and hadn't been active for more than two years. Now that you've posted it won't happen again.

regards,

Hein

I was a member a while ago I'm not sure how long ago maybe a year or so.

I did that. Less than a month ago I deleted dozens of members who never posted and hadn't been active for more than two years. Now that you've posted it won't happen again.

regards,

Hein

Good to know. :huh: It's a nice site and I am glad to be back. Death, celebrities and longevity are all fascinating subjects and this site has all three! What could be better. :huh: I couldn't remember the name of it though and I had to search on Google for the url. :huh: But after the death of a man I admired immensely, I knew this was the best place for the outpouring of my grief. :huh:

Could someone please explain this to this thick newbie? Do we get to choose who we are backing and win points or something?

Read this.

The DeathList committee draws up the list at the end of each year with the objective of selecting the celebrities most likely to die in the next calendar year. The list comprises 50 celebrities, with no more than 25 who appeared on the previous year's list. Candidates are not eligible if their only claim to fame is that they are likely to die shortly. Candidates must also pass the famousness test - which is basically that their death will be covered by the UK media. DeathList 2005 finished with 12 successes, the same total achieved in 2004. The record performance remains the mighty haul of 14 deaths in 2003. Whether this can ever be beaten remains to be seen.

Very interesting obituary in The Times yesterday. I don't want to take a stand on Pinochet as a ruler, but judgimg from their constantly pointing out how "strong" he was and the emphasis on economic good done by him The Times clearly wuish they could.

here.

i can see that most of you arnt even CHILEAN to start with therefore i don't see why you believe you have the need to speak of pinochet the way you all have and express your ideas toward him when u crackers were not even affected by what he has done, or lived under his rule in Chile. Therefore its childish to wish death on someone who hasnt affected your life in any sort of way.

[rant]

According to you, because I am not German, I should not think ill of Hitler and his final solution.

Because I am not Russian, I should not trouble myself with Stalin's methods.

Because I am not American, I should not be concerned about Bush's Guantanamo Bay detainment camp.

Because I am not Chilean, I should not express my ideas about Pinochet.

Because I am not you, I will make my own mind up about what concerns me and whether I am allowed to discuss it or not.

And when I am instructed that something doesn't concern me, it does.

[/rant]

Now Back to the subject of this thread...

The Death of a Legend

General Augusto Pinochet - A Tribute

1915 - 2006 (91 years young)

A good friend of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

A courageous battler against the evils of communism

May God have mercy on your soul :huh:

318969004_564298e290_o.jpg

The tide recedes but leaves behind

bright seashells on the sand.

The sun goes down, but gentle warmth

still lingers on the land.

The music stops, and yet it echoes on

in sweet refrains...

For every joy that passes,

something beautiful remains.

318971160_cfa3ba39c9_o.jpg

B)

The Death of a Legend

May God have mercy on your soul B)

And a good friend of Margaret Thatcher who is apparently a commie lover, odd he'd be mates with a commie lover but there you go.

The Death of a Legend

[snip]

in sweet refrains...

[snip]

Now, you are serious, aren't you?! The poem gave it away: you really are completely out of your mind. No matter how you feel about communists and anti-communists, no sane person would refer to Pinochet's concentration camps, his regime of oppression, torture, murder and fear as a 'joy' that 'passed'...

The only Pinochetty things the 'tides' have left behind are the skulls of his political opponents, the only Pinochetty thing that still 'lingers' on the land is the smell of Chacabuco. Dimwitted moron.

The Death of a Legend

[snip]

in sweet refrains...

[snip]

Now, you are serious, aren't you?! The poem gave it away: you really are completely out of your mind. No matter how you feel about communists and anti-communists, no sane person would refer to Pinochet's concentration camps, his regime of oppression, torture, murder and fear as a 'joy' that 'passes'...

The only Pinochetty things the 'tides' have left behind are the skulls of his political opponents, the only Pinochetty thing that still 'lingers' on the land is the smell of Chacabuco. Dimwitted moron.

Now now Miss Croft, that's giving Dimwitted Morons a bad name, even they wouldn't admit to ownership of this guy ......

The Death of a Legend

May God have mercy on your soul :huh:

[snip]

in sweet refrains...

[snip]

Now, you are serious, aren't you?! The poem gave it away: you really are completely out of your mind. No matter how you feel about communists and anti-communists, no sane person would refer to Pinochet's concentration camps, his regime of oppression, torture, murder and fear as a 'joy' that 'passed'...

I don't think the alleged death of a mere 3,000 commies is anything to cry over. :rant: I saw that poem on a tribute site and I thought it was pretty cool. ;) Now compared to Bush, that millions idolize and who has killed only a few 100's of 1000's apparently, Pinochets "crime" pales into insignificance. Like I said 3,000 less commies is a good deal and shows remarkable restraint. It could have easily been MILLIONS of deaths if some commie dictator had been allowed to take over. B)

Ode to Pinochet

To find an appropriate soubriquet,

To wish his evil crimes away

Was he a monster, or was he OK?

Should we give him the time of day?

The sun didn't shine while he made hay

In cold dark dank 70s Chile

Thatcher's pal, but Spain's? No way

A saving grace though, some might say.

For those who bay for his blue blood

Could perhaps look at themselves, and may

See something they don't like. And all the mud

They sling he'd just throw back.

Put them in jail, throw away

The key. And then they'd pay, and pray

With a thud he'd wack 'em, and they'd crack.

Come on punk, make my day.

Tie them up - on the rack ....

Oh wait, that kind of proves their point.

Torture's torture and he had a lack

Of compassion, love and all of that.

Anyway.

To find an appropriate soubriquet,

Well I'm certainly no Doctor Dre.

Is he Mother Theresa or Reggie Kray?

Gandhi, or more like Kenneth Lay?

Evil, saintly, good, half way?

I'll delay my judgement, God will

tell you soon enough,

Augusto Pinochet.

B)

I don't think the alleged death of a mere 3,000 commies is anything to cry over. ;) I saw that poem on a tribute site and I thought it was pretty cool. :huh: Now compared to Bush, that millions idolize and who has killed only a few 100's of 1000's apparently, Pinochets "crime" pales into insignificance. Like I said 3,000 less commies is a good deal and shows remarkable restraint. It could have easily been MILLIONS of deaths if some commie dictator had been allowed to take over. B)

You really are quite selective in which right-wing-politicians you like, Xenon... That Bush has killed hundreds of thousands of people is highly exaggarated, but I get your point. Killing several thousands and torturing tens of thousands of people is significant, though. There are not that many dictators who can show a record of service like that!

Not even commies. Salvador Allende, that er... very dangerous Marxist dictator (cough) overthrown by Pinochet might have had some naive or even stupid visions of how to rule his country, but it's ridiculous to accuse him of anything half as bloody and inhumane as the crimes commited by Pinochet and his cronies.

I don't think the alleged death of a mere 3,000 commies is anything to cry over. ;) I saw that poem on a tribute site and I thought it was pretty cool. :huh: Now compared to Bush, that millions idolize and who has killed only a few 100's of 1000's apparently, Pinochets "crime" pales into insignificance. Like I said 3,000 less commies is a good deal and shows remarkable restraint. It could have easily been MILLIONS of deaths if some commie dictator had been allowed to take over. B)

You really are quite selective in which right-wing-politicians you like, Xenon... That Bush has killed hundreds of thousands of people is highly exaggarated, but I get your point. Killing several thousands and torturing tens of thousands of people is significant, though. There are not that many dictators who can show a record of service like that!

Not even commies. Salvador Allende, that er... very dangerous Marxist dictator (cough) overthrown by Pinochet might have had some naive or even stupid visions of how to rule his country, but it's ridiculous to accuse him of anything half as bloody and inhumane as the crimes commited by Pinochet and his cronies.

Yes, I am selective. I am sure when it comes to dictators we all have our favorites. :P Although I prefer the term President. Commies are the worst dictators. They are responsible for millions of deaths. Pinochet wasn't bad and he didn't murder anyone. He was a hero if anything. :rant:

Oh yeah, and I don't really dislike Bush I was just using him as an example that's all. He's fighting the barbaric cult of Islam and that's good. Although I think he might be a bit of a screaming leftist what with labelling it "A Religion of Peace". Any sane person knows it's anything but that! ;)

Xenon, your argument is, quite frankly, a pile of steaming dog-toffee. Pinochet seized power by force and ruled through fear and intimidation. The memorial to the disappeared carries 'only' 3,200 names because many relatives of those killed (est 30,000) by the evil old despot still fear retribution from his former allies. he was a rancid stain on humanity and we're far better off as a species without him.

Oh boy! This is going to turn out just like the PW Botha forum where we have people arguing back and forth all the time. This will be an interesting one to watch.

Guest villain57

Only a total twat would defend this man. He was a dictator who had his own people murdered and was no democrat. He exported terrorism internationally and killed more people than Bin Laden.

Anyone who apologises for this bastard is a complete souless moron.

A spectacular British victory? A victory, yes, but I don't think I would use the term spectacular, or anything of the sort. Britain defeated a military that was no match for it on any level. The only way they could have lost was to have tied all their sailors shoelaces together.

Military might is not always enough. Vietnam for example.

The United States failed in Vietnam for the same reason they will lost in Iraq. Cockiness, arrogance, and a misplaced belief that people will cave as soon as they see the stars and stripes. A bully always falls eventually.

Technology can never function properly if human nature is not taken into account. Physical force is not effective against a people who are prepared to martyr themselves for their cause unless one is willing to essentially wipe them off the map.

The Death of a Legend

May God have mercy on your soul :lol:

in sweet refrains...

318971160_cfa3ba39c9_o.jpg

:lol:

Hmm...a touch fascistic I think....

How many people did Pinochet actually have killed?

Oh about a tenth of what Castro's managed, or at least that Castro's murdered that we know about. I don't know why people get so worked up about Pinochet - it was only Communists he killed after all.

Exactly! :dead3: Communists deserve no sympathy. They are a cancer on humanity. It was utterly despicable how he was hounded by leftists during the last few years of his life. :o

How many people did Pinochet actually have killed?

Oh about a tenth of what Castro's managed, or at least that Castro's murdered that we know about. I don't know why people get so worked up about Pinochet - it was only Communists he killed after all.

Exactly! :dead3: Communists deserve no sympathy. They are a cancer on humanity. It was utterly despicable how he was hounded by leftists during the last few years of his life. :o

So effectively what you're saying is that political murders are totally acceptable, providing it's the "good guys" doing the killing?

I heard about Mr Pinochet's demise whilst driving cross-country on Sunday, and although I knew he'd been hotly debated on the DL I couldn't remember if he was on this year's list or not. It was only yesterday that I was able to confirm that he, indeed, was, and was therefore able to properly celebrate our 11th graduate of the year!

Once again...

:dead3: ROCK ON, TEAM DEATHLIST! :o

Eleven hits this year is not too shab... not too shab at all... :)