Sign in to follow this  
Death Star

General Pinochet

Guest Guest

theres an old saying that only the good die young-Pinochet seems to be proving this yet again

theres an old saying that only the good die young-Pinochet seems to be proving this yet again

Brooke Astor must eat children then...

Pinochet illness "not overplayed"

Doctors treating Chile's former military ruler, Augusto Pinochet, have rejected claims that he has exaggerated his illness to avoid prosecution

My forefathers hail from just up the road, OoO.

Blackwood

Really? Me too! Whereabouts you from?

I haven't been back for some years but originally from Cwmfelinfach.

More about Cwmfelinfach at Wikipedia.

Small world isn't it. I hail from Aberystwyth http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberystwyth but I suspect you'd guessed there was something of the Cymru about me by the name. :P

My forefathers hail from just up the road, OoO.

Blackwood

How interesting...

Compared to Cwmfelinfach, Blackwood is a metropolis of all things exotic :P

I've been there.

It isn't.

How interesting...

Compared to Cwmfelinfach, Blackwood is a metropolis of all things exotic :lol:

I've been there.

It isn't.

Go to Cwmfelinfach and you'll see what I mean. It's so bad my great-grandma committed suicide. :lol:

:rip:

Back to all matters Pinochet:-

Recovering so well, he'll be out of ICU shortly

By heck, he's as much a faker as Tomlinson.

Well, I've made my mind up. Before this little debacle he was off my list, and he stays off the list. Old Gerry Ford is in.

Feel free to laugh if when looking at this one year on if Fordy is about to reach 2008 & Pinochet is long gone.

Looks delightful to me, not at all bleak and depressing.

http://www.xkeys.free-online.co.uk/photos/feb02/index.htm

That's on a good day :lol:

However, the photos are of great interest to me.

2nd row, far left - the picture of the houses. The one in the middle with the white door used to be home to OOO (briefly) & his ancestors (longer). I'm glad it looks in good nick despite its age, like Pinochet.

Thanks, young Tempus.

Guest smithy

I think we should not include Pinochet on the 2007 list since he is so unreliable.We should not dignify this evil old man by even mentioning him from now on.Anyone agree?

I think we should not include Pinochet on the 2007 list since he is so unreliable.We should not dignify this evil old man by even mentioning him from now on.Anyone agree?

I disagree. Yes, I think his health condition is a bit exaggerated whenever there's a new case presented against him. However, he's still old, and he is legitimately ill. I don't think he's going to die tomorrow, or even in the next month. But I can't be sure what's going to happen between now and December 2007. If deathlist can find 50 people next year that are gauranteed to die, then by all means keep Pinochet off. Otherwise, keep him on because he does have a good chance of dying.

Isn't everyone on the list 'unreliable'? Can a death ever be a rock solid certainty? (OK, yes, there is Saddam).

Surely uncertainty is the life blood of the deathlist.

But I can't be sure what's going to happen between now and December 2007.

Well if you did then you'd win DDP! :)

Haven't been around, but what a drag this didn't finish him. I guess he'll make his eleventh appearence next year. But i'm still convinced we will see one more death this year.

Isn't everyone on the list 'unreliable'? Can a death ever be a rock solid certainty? (OK, yes, there is Saddam).

Even Sadaam isn't. If he turns 70 before his execution date, Iraqi law prohibits his execution.

Haven't been around, but what a drag this didn't finish him. I guess he'll make his eleventh appearance next year. But i'm still convinced we will see one more death this year.

I'll one up you and say that we'll see two more deaths. November was cruel, but the closer you get to the end of December, the more famous undoings you tend to see.

I'll one up you and say that we'll see two more deaths. November was cruel, but the closer you get to the end of December, the more famous undoings you tend to see.

Everybody turned there head last year and saw Richard Pryor's fatal heart attack, I don't think we saw that coming. If Ali just collapsed it would be a big surprise, but I can't agree with a suggestion like that. Two deaths would be a stroke of luck, I figure one more elder candidate will strike number 11 on the charts in a week or so.

DEAD :rip:

EX-DICTATOR PINOCHET DIES AT AGE 91 - CHILE CHANNEL 7 NEWS

REUTERS

SANTIAGO, Chile (AP) _ Military hospital says former

dictator Agugusto Pinochet has died.

Edit: Yes, forgot to say "Well, done DL"!! Woo hoo :rip::rip:

And here's adding a few balls of fire to the General's personal hell that Lucifer has had waiting just for him :ghost3::rip::):rip::rip:

Congratulation DL for our 11th graduate from the class of 2006.

General Pinochet dies (BBC link)

Guest Paradise

He just died

Guest CHILENO

MURIO EL DICTADOR...Y TERMINO COMO UN LADRON Y ASESINO...CON ESTO TERMINA LA HISTORIA MAS NEGRA QUE VIVIO MI PAIS, CON LA MUERTE DE MILES DE PERSONAS , DE HERMANOS DE SANGRE Y DE HUMILDES CHILENOS...HASTA NUNCA HIJO DE PUTA!!!!!!!!!!

NUNCA MAS EN CHILE!!!!!!!!!!