Godot

Mollie Sugden et al

10 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Ok, now I'm confused by this post, so let me know what you think.

Now, does this mean that 78 year old Pat Garwood, who played Beryl Crabtree in No Place Like Home, has died (one of her kids posting on her account), or does it mean that her mother has died?

Maybe we'll have to wait for William Gaunt to come in or other information....

Doing a bit of digging and assuming her parents were married, her mother's maiden name was definitely Deane and there's only one record of a marriage between Deane and Garwood from 1900 to 1983; that being Phyllis D Deane and Montague F Garwood

Montague was born in Exeter, just down the road from where Pat was born. It looks like it's Pat herself that has died.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cat O'Falk said:

Doing a bit of digging and assuming her parents were married, her mother's maiden name was definitely Deane and there's only one record of a marriage between Deane and Garwood from 1900 to 1983; that being Phyllis D Deane and Montague F Garwood

Montague was born in Exeter, just down the road from where Pat was born. It looks like it's Pat herself that has died.

Cheers!

Sad news, I used to watch No Place Like Home all the time. RIP.

• Like 1

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 11:15, Cat O'Falk said:

It is true.

Non-Hodgkins lymphoma according to her bio on her website. Forgot the link, here it is: http://patgarwood.com/about/

Once again, RIP Patricia Garwood.

• Sad 1

On 01/03/2019 at 00:07, YoungWillz said:

Ok, now I'm confused by this post, so let me know what you think.

Now, does this mean that 78 year old Pat Garwood, who played Beryl Crabtree in No Place Like Home, has died (one of her kids posting on her account), or does it mean that her mother has died?

Maybe we'll have to wait for William Gaunt to come in or other information....

I generally go on the tense of the first verb in the wikipedia entry. According to that, she's alive.

Capture.PNG

Just now, millwall32 said:

I generally go on the tense of the first verb in the wikipedia entry. According to that, she's alive.

Capture.PNG

Scroll up, she dead.

Nah mate. The tense of the first verb on the wikipedia page is the only way to tell .
More reliable than a coroner's report most of the time. 

• Haha 1

Jeanne Mockford turns 93 this year. Played the fortune teller in 'Up Pompei' and had guest appearances in a slew of sitcoms including LOTSW and 'My Hero'. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Mockford

27 minutes ago, dean1991 said:

Jeanne Mockford turns 93 this year. Played the fortune teller in 'Up Pompei' and had guest appearances in a slew of sitcoms including LOTSW and 'My Hero'. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Mockford

Thought she died last year?

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, charon said:

Thought she died last year?

Just seen the older posts on her. Did an obit ever come through?

Sadly not.

Her agent tweeted it but never thought to get it in the press, which is disappointing.

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

John Quarmby dies aged 89.

Sad news. He cropped up in a few other shows too.

I was trying to write a list surviving Fawlty Towers cast members for a possible DDP theme team. I think I could only 15 still alive. That list has now gone down to 14 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phantom said:

I was trying to write a list surviving Fawlty Towers cast members for a possible DDP theme team. I think I could only 15 still alive. That list has now gone down to 14 

He was in K9 & Company 

9 hours ago, Phantom said:

I'm struggling on this other than Cleese, Connie Booth and Prunella Scales, I can only think of Bernard Cribbins, Geoffrey Palmer, Robin Ellis and Nicky Henson of the big guest stars who are still in the land of the living although some of them are pretty frail. I assume Sabrina Franklin, the actor who played Sabrina Franklin's husband, Luan Peters and the boy who played Ronald in Gourmet Night are all still alive but maybe not? 

6 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

I'm struggling on this other than Cleese, Connie Booth and Prunella Scales, I can only think of Bernard Cribbins, Geoffrey Palmer, Robin Ellis and Nicky Henson of the big guest stars who are still in the land of the living although some of them are pretty frail. I assume Sabrina Franklin, the actor who played Sabrina Franklin's husband, Luan Peters and the boy who played Ronald in Gourmet Night are all still alive but maybe not? 

Searching through Wikipedia, surprised to see the actor who played Sybil's crush Andre is still listed as being alive aged 93. 

Just now, Deathrace said:

Searching through Wikipedia, surprised to see the actor who played Sybil's crush Andre is still listed as being alive aged 93. 

Really brings it home than even the middle aged actors from Fawlty Towers are now in their late 80s or 90s and the few youthful ones are now in their 70s. Still a timeless programme though.

• Like 1

1.       John Cleese

2.       Prunella Scalees

3.       Connie Booth

4.       Robin Ellis

5.       Lionel Wheeler (?)

6.       Michael Cronin

7.       Barney Dorman (?)

8.       April Walker

9.       Bernard Cribbins

10.   Peter Brett

11.   Andre Maranne

12.   Louis Mahoney

13.   Johnny Shannon

14.   Nicky Henson

15.   Imogen Bickford-Smith

16.   Claire Neilson

17.   Anthony Dawes

18.   Geoffrey Palmer

19.   Pamela Buchner

20.   Una Stubbs

21.   Denyse Alexander

22.   Melody Lang

23.   Sabina Franklyn

Off the credited cast alone.

• Like 3

Charles McKeown (Mr Ingrams in the Kipper & the Corpse) is still listed as alive so you can add him to your list. Quite surprised Claire Neilson (who played the wife of the obnoxious American in Waldorf Salad) is still alive. Equally surprised that Luan Peters has died (in 2017). Ironic that Cleese has outlived her given the script from that episode implies Basil is way too old for her character. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, msc said:

1.       John Cleese

2.       Prunella Scalees

3.       Connie Booth

4.       Robin Ellis

5.       Lionel Wheeler (?)

6.       Michael Cronin

7.       Barney Dorman (?)

8.       April Walker

9.       Bernard Cribbins

10.   Peter Brett

11.   Andre Maranne

12.   Louis Mahoney

13.   Johnny Shannon

14.   Nicky Henson

15.   Imogen Bickford-Smith

16.   Claire Neilson

17.   Anthony Dawes

18.   Geoffrey Palmer

19.   Pamela Buchner

20.   Una Stubbs

21.   Denyse Alexander

22.   Melody Lang

23.   Sabina Franklyn

Off the credited cast alone.

I will need to check my list and see who is missed off.

Has to be said although they are now all dead, many of the recognisable cameo actors from Fawlty Towers had a pretty good innings. Terrence Conoley, Geoffrey Segal, Conrad Philips, Gilly Flower and Mavis Pugh all made it into their 90s for instance. 

• Like 1

I have not seen much in the way of serious discussion of the two surviving leads from The Good Life. Felicity Kendall and Penelope Keith. I have not heard they were I'll but I have not seen them on screen for a while.

25 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I have not seen much in the way of serious discussion of the two surviving leads from The Good Life. Felicity Kendall and Penelope Keith. I have not heard they were I'll but I have not seen them on screen for a while.

Well, if you haven't heard anything, it would be safe to assume they're both in good health. 

Penelope Keith does a lot of talking heads stuff. Seems to be in fine fettle, but then she's always sitting down.

Felicity Kendal strikes me as one who'll easily reach 100.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Penelope Keith does a lot of talking heads stuff. Seems to be in fine fettle, but then she's always sitting down.

Felicity Kendal strikes me as one who'll easily reach 100.

Keith did that "wander around old villages" show for Five 2 years ago and looked older but fine.

• Like 2