Godot

Mollie Sugden et al

1 minute ago, CoffinLodger said:

Leslie Randall and Wilf Brimley both gone on the same day.This is too much ! 

Well, odds on Leslie Randall died a while ago - it's in the Other Lives section.

Even Twitter can't give me a clue - he might get a Stage Obit, perhaps, which may gives us a date.

Rodney Litchfield, with a list of credits going back to the '80s in British comedy, drama & soaps, has died.

See the source image

He's probably best remembered as Tommy, the anti-social regular in Early Doors.

• Like 2

He was in Corrie a few years back too 

On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 17:01, YoungWillz said:

Well, odds on Leslie Randall died a while ago - it's in the Other Lives section.

Even Twitter can't give me a clue - he might get a Stage Obit, perhaps, which may gives us a date.

While this is up, there is a grant of probate for a Leslie Randall who died in 2020 - date of death 31 March 2020.

Might be him.

Tony Osoba (McLaren), Christopher Biggins (Lukewarm), David Jason (Blanco) and Patricia Brake  (Ingrid) are the only people credited on more than one episode of Porridge  still alive.  Steve Ismay (very much an "oh that guy" classic) was in two episodes but was only credited in one. 

6 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Tony Osoba (McLaren), Christopher Biggins (Lukewarm), David Jason (Blanco) and Patricia Brake  (Ingrid) are the only people credited on more than one episode of Porridge  still alive.  Steve Ismay (very much an "oh that guy" classic) was in two episodes but was only credited in one. 

Tony Osoba has been around forever. 

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

He's only 73 and all, although I suppose 73 is 700 years old in Maryhill male years...

Just now, msc said:

He's only 73 and all, although I suppose 73 is 700 years old in Maryhill male years...

I guess so.

Personally, I think he is a good actor.

2 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I guess so.

Personally, I think he is a good actor.

Oh, certainly, that was clear even in the kids TV I was introduced to him on in the 90s like The Demon Headmaster, let alone Porridge and his more dramatic stuff. I remember getting quite interested when they announced he was going to be in Doctor Who a few years ago. Come the episode, he was in one scene, then died! :lol:

• Like 1

Good old Gwen Taylor turns up on Doctors today as an old lady.

Looks great. And grey. 81 you know.

11 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Good old Gwen Taylor

Was always far more worthy of consideration as a love object than that insipid Joanna Van Gysegham. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 13/09/2020 at 20:24, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Responsible for one of the all-time great credits as well (apologies for the shitty "explaining the joke" caption, it was the only version of it I could find online in 10 seconds)

peanut-eater-peter-armitage-handsome-neg

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

It wasn't offensive then, and it shouldn't be now.  If it's now OK to say "black", then it should be OK to use foreign words that mean black.  Wasn't it also an anthropological term like "Caucasian"?

But this is really a discussion for the Snowflake thread.

ETA - from the Oxford English Dictionary. 

A member of a dark-skinned group of peoples originally native to sub-Saharan Africa; a person of black African origin or descent. In early use also applied to other dark-skinned peoples, esp. Moors.

image.png.76024a6defd95c5fc5b6b69ed1f12a5e.png

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

She played Alan Bennett's mum in The Lady in the Van and I thought I am sure she must be younger than Maggie Smith

• Like 1

5 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Poor girl! Talk about being bloody typecast! :lol:

8 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

81 is very young these days. Practically middle aged ! 

1 minute ago, CoffinLodger said:

81 is very young these days. Practically middle aged ! 

My main team next year begs to differ!

Anyhow, fabulous skin, did not look or sound her age.

5 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Eileen Pollock, actress who played Lilo Lil in Bread, will be on her back for eternity: https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2020/12/23/47545/breads_lilo_lil_dies_at_73

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0689654/

I believe she was a pick for @Handrejka in the DDP in 2018.

Yes, they all die after I take them off. That's the fourth to die from that team this year after Michael Angelis, Ronald Forfar and Geoffrey Palmer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Handrejka said:

Yes, they all die after I take them off. That's the fourth to die from that team this year after Michael Angelis, Ronald Forfar and Geoffrey Palmer. 

They all ended up in the same Boht.

I'll get my coat....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I'll get my coht....

FTFY

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

On 30/06/2019 at 21:01, YoungWillz said:

Penelope Keith does a lot of talking heads stuff. Seems to be in fine fettle, but then she's always sitting down.

Felicity Kendal strikes me as one who'll easily reach 100.

Felicity Kendal and Robert Lindsay starring in a stage production of Anything Goes (pics): https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9710343/Felicity-Kendal-74-displays-impressive-flexibility-rehearsals-London-show.html

Now I've done that show, and I am guessing they are not playing the young leads - because if they are, I want the cast list of the other characters who should be nearing their nineties!

Amazing how really truly rough they look, compared with the mocked up picture promoting the show. That says nothing about their health, but Flic in particular I personally think looks older than her age.

• Like 1

Times Obituary (Paywall) for director Anthony Parker: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tony-parker-obituary-sphrzszc5

Directing credits include Love Thy Neighbour, Shelley, Up The Elephant And Round The Castle and Never The Twain.

As an actor he was reportedly the first policeman to be shown being killed on British Television, as PC Bob Penney in Dixon Of Dock Green.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0662053/

• Like 2

On 19/07/2021 at 00:31, YoungWillz said:

Felicity Kendal and Robert Lindsay starring in a stage production of Anything Goes (pics): https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9710343/Felicity-Kendal-74-displays-impressive-flexibility-rehearsals-London-show.html

Now I've done that show, and I am guessing they are not playing the young leads - because if they are, I want the cast list of the other characters who should be nearing their nineties!

Amazing how really truly rough they look, compared with the mocked up picture promoting the show. That says nothing about their health, but Flic in particular I personally think looks older than her age.

Certainly untouched photos reveal a different tale to the airbrushed publicity stills. Only this week 'natural' photos of Joan Collins, Kate Garraway & Louise Mitchin have been in the press & they certainly look their real age whereas Joan passes normally for 65ish, Kate for 40ish & Louise for 35ish.

• Like 2