Godot

Mollie Sugden et al

What about the Clitheroe kid? James Casey who produced and co-wrote it may still be alive.

God that was a show so dreadful that it was compulsive viewing. Jimmy Clitheroe died at 52 following an overdose. (He was four foot three inches tall so two Paracetamol may have been enough. ) nBut was there a health problem responsible for his stature and slightly oriental appearance?

• Like 1

PS....... and relevant to this thread, Mollie Sugden appeared as Jimmy's mother in Just Jimmy

I thought she had. I once saw JC in panto at the Bradford Alhambra - Tom Thumb. He was the thumb. At one stage he had to eat a goldfish out of its bowl. As a little kid I was amazed but, on reflection, I expect it was a bit of carrot.

The dear departed Jon Barron - 'I didn't get where I am today... - Barron was in All Gas and Gaiters, not that I remember it. What a stupid idea, a sitcom based around the church, it'll never catch on.

John Barrons dead? :)

indeed he is dead, he passed away on July 3rd 2004

I really thought he was still alive. Phew, just as well I never included him in my dead pool, how embarrassing that would have been, mind you, I have a disclaimer in my rules :P

That's ok, I almost put Gretchen Franklin in my dead pool for this year not knowing she had died last July.

I put her on my dead pool for 2004 then foolishly left her off last year :dead::D

I thought she had. I once saw JC in panto at the Bradford Alhambra - Tom Thumb. He was the thumb. At one stage he had to eat a goldfish out of its bowl. As a little kid I was amazed but, on reflection, I expect it was a bit of carrot.

Godot - an alien could study English language and culture for many centuries without making head nor tail of this. Yet, for those of us steeped in the history of the mediocre, this is as clear as glass.

Now here's a teaser, since this is the 'forgotten sitcoms thread' is there any sitcom we've all forgotten, and, if so, how would we know since no-one would remember?

Two I remember existed and can't recall anything much about:

The Train Now Standing

The Dustbinmen (though I do remember this was such shite even the - erm - progress class at school thought it brainless.

Not really forgotten, then. :dead:

Which reminds me of the chess match between the Russian Grandmasters Korsakov and Alzheimer. No one remembers where and when it was played, nor the result.

regards,

Hein

Now here's a teaser, since this is the 'forgotten sitcoms thread' is there any sitcom we've all forgotten, and, if so, how would we know since no-one would remember?

Two I remember existed and can't recall anything much about:

The Train Now Standing

The Dustbinmen (though I do remember this was such shite even the - erm - progress class at school thought it brainless.

Not really forgotten, then. :dead:

Which reminds me of the chess match between the Russian Grandmasters Korsakov and Alzheimer. No one remembers where and when it was played, nor the result.

regards,

Hein

Karpov beat Korsakov and Alekhine beat Alzheimer. But only the winners remembered it.

Karpov beat Korsakov and Alekhine beat Alzheimer. But only the winners remembered it.

Are you certain about that? As Alekhine was rather fond of the bottle and died under still debated circumstances in a hotel room in Estoril, Portugal in 1946, he may well have lost to Korsakov. The stuff he wrote during WWII certainly wasn't the work of a sane man.

Who knows?

regards,

Hein

Godot - an alien could study English language and culture for many centuries without making head nor tail of this. Yet, for those of us steeped in the history of the mediocre, this is as clear as glass.

Why thankyou Pook. So nice of you to say so. I've been thinking about Sugden and Clitheroe. They must have been around the same age. In another life they might have formed a double act, like the Krankies in reverse.

Why thankyou Pook. So nice of you to say so. I've been thinking about Sugden and Clitheroe. They must have been around the same age. In another life they might have formed a double act, like the Krankies in reverse.

That would have necessitated Jimmy Clitheroe dressing up as a schoolgirl.

Godot you have a gift for creating disturbing mental images.

They'd have had to wed too so there would have been Jimmy dressed as a schoolgirl playing with Mollie's pussy.

They'd have had to wed too so there would have been Jimmy dressed as a schoolgirl playing with Mollie's pussy.

Now it's that kind of imagination that today's children's television needs.

Now it's that kind of imagination that today's children's television needs.

emot-gonk.gif

Let's get this straight Holy Diver

You're obviously a devotee of the work of that diminutive genius Ronnie James Dio. Having survived the worst Satanic excesses he can throw at you, you then find notions of Mollie Sugden and Jimmy Clitheroe combining their talents frightening.

Hmmmm

Most strange.

Let's get this straight Holy Diver

You're obviously a devotee of the work of that diminutive genius Ronnie James Dio. Having survived the worst Satanic excesses he can throw at you, you then find notions of Mollie Sugden and Jimmy Clitheroe combining their talents frightening.

Hmmmm

Most strange.

It's totally different and you know it!

'Combining their talents' <_<

Jimmy dressed as a schoolgirl playing with Mollie's pussy.

I refer you to my previous statement...

emot-gonk.gif

Aye that image of the two of them, I reckon:

The vision never dies

Life's a never ending wheel

I think you're missing the obvious, Mary - Clitheroe and Ronnie Dio? Seperated at birth, surely? Small men with very strange voices (though I am a fan of Ronnie and not Jimmy). Perhaps the result of an odd Anglo-US experiment in genetic engineering...

You may have a point there Pulphack and given the power of interactive technology we can't be more than five years away from a device that would provide a perfect combination of Clitheroe's voice over a collection of Sabs, Rainbow and Dio backing tracks.

I dunno about the rest of the world but I reckon that's the sound West Cumbria has been waiting for.

By 'eck, this thread's gone a few light years from Mrs Slocomb's Pussy, eh?

I think you're missing the obvious, Mary - Clitheroe and Ronnie Dio? Seperated at birth, surely? Small men with very strange voices (though I am a fan of Ronnie and not Jimmy). Perhaps the result of an odd Anglo-US experiment in genetic engineering...

..... and no-one's mentioned Dennis Wise, yet.

Godot - you are truly the Salvador Dali of thought.

It's not a forgotten sitcom but I thought this thread might take the Royle Family - brilliant hour-long episode last night. I note that Liz Smith who plays Nana is 85 (or is she 81? Web sites differ) and although she looked pretty well (until they killed her off) she could be one to watch. In fact quite a few of the cast are looking a bit pasty. Dave said they had turkey twizzlers and chips for tea. Jim sulked when Nan nicked the batteries out of his TV remote control. Twiggy came round to help lay the laminate floor. After Nana's funeral they give pride of place to her ashes on top of the new wide screen TV. Quality stuff.

I see that Geoffrey Hughes who plays Twiggy has had prostate cancer. Can't find an age for Peter Martin who plays Joe but I see he also appears in Emmerdale. Caroline Aherne (depressive former alcoholic) is looking particularly pasty.

It's not a forgotten sitcom but I thought this thread might take the Royle Family - brilliant hour-long episode last night. I note that Liz Smith who plays Nana is 85 (or is she 81? Web sites differ) and although she looked pretty well (until they killed her off) she could be one to watch. In fact quite a few of the cast are looking a bit pasty.

Liz Smith was on the (New) Paul O' Grady Show.

She looked well - able enough to do a granny dance to McFly.

She has recently moved into sheltered housing. She said she often needs assistance to get in and out of the bath.

I watched the one off episode last night. Hardly a laugh a minute. It wouldn't surprise me if she won a few awards for playing Nana in that last episode.

A quote I found amusing from The Are You Being Served Online Scrapbook.

"Arthur English as Mr. Harman. His autobiography, Through the Mill & Beyond by Arthur English, is still available via online used book stores."

DWB <_<

Funnily enough, I happened upon this pic of Arthur English earlier today:

english.jpg

A quote I found amusing from The Are You Being Served Online Scrapbook.

"Arthur English as Mr. Harman. His autobiography, Through the Mill & Beyond by Arthur English, is still available via online used book stores."

DWB :crossbone:

Funnily enough, I happened upon this pic of Arthur English earlier today:

english.jpg

Beware the judderman when the moon is fat................