maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

Apologies if this was common knowledge to some of you but Kink mainman Ray Davies cancelled a US tour. From his site:

Ray did not personally cancel the American dates but was ordered by his doctors not to fly or embark on the accompanying ground travel for the forthcoming four US dates until his medical condition has stabilized to their satisfaction. The doctors could not provide a time frame for this and advised Ray to cancel the dates.

Ray would like to thank all his fans for their continued support and asks that everyone respect his privacy so he can concentrate on a swift recovery.

Other than the depressive stuff that has bothered him for years, is owt else seriously wrong. The statement above is double-speak for 'He's so ill the insurers wouldn't underwrite the tour.'

Bernie Wilson

One of the original "Blue Notes", who sang with Harold Melvin, has died aged 64. Lloyd Parks is now the only surviving member of the line up from when they had their biggest hit "If You Don't Know Me by Now". Melvin himself died 1997, Teddy Pendergrass in January 2010 and Lawrence Brown in 2008.

Boney M's Bobby Farrell: that's a cat that really is gone.

Will there be a holi-holiday in memory of him?

RIP mad Bobby. Another part of my childhood gone ;) And probably the biggest death of the Christmas period for those of us of a certain age.

Statement at the end of that clip.

2ducpyp.gif

Great entertainer, sad he's gone.

Edit:

BBC obit.

I note he died in St. Petersburg.

Oh, those Russians...

Perhaps he should have thought better of visiting St. Petersburg on the 94th anniversary of Rasputin dying there....

Chuck Berry taken ill during gig

Rock 'n' roll legend Chuck Berry cut short a concert in Chicago after collapsing on stage.

He slumped over his keyboard and did not move for a couple of minutes before being helped off stage, Chicago Sun-Times reporter Dave Hoekstra wrote.

Chuck

All the really big superstars are alive and kicking: Dylan, Neil Young, Van Morrison, Paul Simon etc.

John Taylor's (Duran Duran) just said on Twitter that according to Curt Smith (Tears For Fears) Mick Karn (Japan) has just died. Awaiting official confirmation but it's probably true.

I think this may well turn out to be a vintage year for deadpooling.

John Taylor's (Duran Duran) just said on Twitter that according to Curt Smith (Tears For Fears) Mick Karn (Japan) has just died. Awaiting official confirmation but it's probably true.

2 hits already! Early lead Vinegar Tits, just 360 days to hang on...

Confirmation of Mick Karn's death on his website, though the server is currently overloaded.

It's with profound sadness that we have to inform you that Mick finally lost his battle with cancer and passed away peacefully at 4.30pm today, 4th January 2011 at home in Chelsea, London. He was surrounded by his family and friends and will be deeply missed by all.

Posted: 4th January 2011

Oh this is getting ridiculous. That's going to ramp up the pressure on me getting the list of teams up! :huh:

I spent best part of three hours wrestling with a German-speaking theme team!

On the plus side it's an overdue hit for yours truly! :P

I'm currently winning the Popbitch 2011 DP as well even though it doesn't close for another three-and-a-bit hours. V sad news though; Karn was a unique bassist.

Oh this is getting ridiculous. That's going to ramp up the pressure on me getting the list of teams up! :huh:

On the plus side it's an overdue hit for yours truly! :P

Sorry about that. If it makes you feel any better, Eva Strittmatter whom I rejected at the last minute has just died oh and my other idea for a theme team was people named checked in song and Anne Francis would have been one of them.

Holy Shit. Anne Francis, Mick Karn, Gerry Rafferty, and Szeto Wah. All people I've heard about from the DL. All dead in the first 4 days. Im hoping my team can keep up with this year. And lol @ the German-speaking theme team. :huh:

http://www.nme.com/news/nme/54435

Mick Karn of Japan dead

Sweeeet, two deaths from my list in one day? And both so early in the year? Cool beans! Looks like a good year for me. B)

Then again, last year J.D. Salinger, Zelda Rubenstien and Miep Gies all croaked in the first 2 weeks and my final result wasn't too hot.

Oh this is getting ridiculous. That's going to ramp up the pressure on me getting the list of teams up! B)

On the plus side it's an overdue hit for yours truly! :)

Sorry about that. If it makes you feel any better, Eva Strittmatter whom I rejected at the last minute has just died oh and my other idea for a theme team was people named checked in song and Anne Francis would have been one of them.

It's not yours. It's another German-speaking theme team. I haven't got round to yours yet...

.... .- .--. .--. -.-- / -. . .-- / -.-- . .- .-. / -.. -.. -

• Confused 1