maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

Parisienne Walkways

That is something that has always irritated me. It should be Parisian Walkways. It's in English. If it was in French, the feminine form of the adjective might be acceptable depending on how one translated 'walkway', but either way it would be plural.

• Like 1

Kinda inconsiderate of him not to be dying of a haemorrhage for those of us who wanted to do a "Reign In Blood"/"raining blood" pun.

scraping the barrelll

but if anybody seen This Morning, this morning, a band of really old people where on called "The Zimmers"

i think they were new

i turned over

but theres alot of them and they are all ancient, and if they make it big could pass as famous enough... maybe.

Joan Bonham, the mother of long deceased Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham and latterly the lead singer of The Zimmers, has died at the age of 81.

Poly in 1997 on Never Mind The Buzzcocks

Never Mind The Buzzcocks without Noel Fielding, those were the days.

Dont you mean Never Mind The Buzzcocks with Shawn Hughes, those were the days.

Dont you mean Never Mind The Buzzcocks with Shawn Hughes, those were the days.

When Sean Hughes left I was worried that the show would somehow lose its appeal, but Bill Bailey proved more than an adequate replacement. Similarly, when Mark Lamarr left but even with Simon Amstell it was worth watching, until Noel Fielding took residence. I've only watched intermittently ever since, only making an effort if there was a guest host I thought might warrant it.

If you see anyone with shit-encrusted dreadlocks looking a little down this morning, it's because Extreme Noise Terror frontman Phil Vane has ground out aged 46.

Michelle Heaton, once of Liberty X, now faces heart surgery after years of obsessive fitness and diet pill consumption.

She can't be the only bimbo with such issues.

Bernard (aka St Clair) Lee, member of The Hues Corporation of Rock The Boat fame, has died aged 66.

Ther link includes a video, for those unfamiliar with the group (not sure which one he was but I'm guessing not the one in the middle).

Earth Wind And Fire frontman Maurice "Not the one that did 'Easy Lover' the other one" White has been battling Parkinson's since 1990 apparently.

Earth Wind And Fire frontman Maurice "Not the one that did 'Easy Lover' the other one" White has been battling Parkinson's since 1990 apparently.

He's had it since 1990 and he's only just remembered? ;)

Nilla Pizzi has died aged 91. The name will probably mean nothing to anyone here but for those of us who grew up in an Italian household there was always a Pizzi album dragged out at least twice a year. She won the first ever San Remo festival.

Ya gotta hate it when your hard core rock'n'roll lifestyle is brought to an abrupt end by a farming/gardening accident. And them'uns died young, too.

I would just hate to die in a gardening accident.

And if they say the best die young then I better be watching my steps.

Rich Hall, as Otis Lee Crenshaw does a song about this very thing.... hi lighting from Toto, drummer Jeff Porcaro, some lines I recall below.

"It wasn't fast cars or aeroplanes, it wasn't alcohol or drugs, (can't remember the next line, sorry)..., it was shrubbery and bugs!"

"They weren't injecting needles, they were trying to kill beetles."

"....A toxic cloud leaking from a barrel of DDT, the only drum he never learned to play, carried him away!'

Saving the best til last.....

"He fought the lawn and the lawn won!"

Legendary jazz drummer Joe Morello dies at 82

CHA-CHING!

And

Meet Me in St Louis composer dies at 96

LINK

They were 'pop stars' of their era.

Top Turkish singer shot in the head

Posted 23 minutes ago

Famous Turkish singer Ibrahim Tatlises, popular across the Middle East, was clinging to life after being shot in the head in Istanbul, media reported.

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/03/14/3163852.htm

No, I've never heard oif him, either. If you read down the article, though, he is apparently known as the "Turkish Pavarotti."

Legendary jazz drummer Joe Morello dies at 82

CHA-CHING!

And

Meet Me in St Louis composer dies at 96

LINK

They were 'pop stars' of their era.

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...st&p=157290

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...st&p=157308

Looks like our guest is dropping hints, like read the threads before making a duplicate post.

Whoopsey, didn't see em! There are a lot of threads for a newbie to peruse in my defence, your honour!

Whoopsey, didn't see em! There are a lot of threads for a newbie to peruse in my defence, your honour!

There is of course the 'Search' button. Its not half as useless as some people make out.

There is of course the 'Search' button. Its not half as useless as some people make out.

If everyone did so, what would pedants have to whine about?

• Like 1