maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

Whoopsey, didn't see em! There are a lot of threads for a newbie to peruse in my defence, your honour!

There is of course the 'Search' button. Its not half as useless as some people make out.

If everyone did so, what would pedants have to whine about?

We'd find something, don't worry.

• Like 1

Whoopsey, didn't see em! There are a lot of threads for a newbie to peruse in my defence, your honour!

There is of course the 'Search' button. Its not half as useless as some people make out.

If everyone did so, what would pedants have to whine about?

We'd find something, don't worry.

I have just drawn a like button on my monitor, with my best crayon and have pressed it very,very hard!

Gerard Smith, bassist with TV On The Radio, has been diagnosed with lung cancer.

Loleatta Holloway

The singer whose vocals were sampled for the "Black Box" hit "Ride on Time" has died aged 64.

Loleatta Holloway

The singer whose vocals were sampled for the "Black Box" hit "Ride on Time" has died aged 64.

But the thin bimbo who mimed to those vocals continues to breathe, right?

Loleatta Holloway

... and has her own website.

Perversely, Wikipedia has her occupation as "singer" but then states "Despite claims to the contrary, she has never contributed musically to any of Black Box's hits".

Loleatta Holloway

... and has her own website.

Perversely, Wikipedia has her occupation as "singer" but then states "Despite claims to the contrary, she has never contributed musically to any of Black Box's hits".

Fitting to post her greatest hits

Relight my fire.

Poly Styrene, the punk icon and former frontwoman for X-Ray Spex, is battling breast cancer.

http://www.spinnermusic.co.uk/2011/02/22/x...styrene-cancer/

Looks like the cancer has spread to the spine and lungs according to the Guardian. :rolleyes:

:( indeed. Always loved X-Ray Spex; 'Germ Free Adolescents' is probably the best punk album of them all (go on, try and argue against that). One of the more surreal moments of my life was having a lovely conversation with a Hare Krishna/Gouranga man on Oxford Street who knew Poly and Lora Logic.

I don't say this very often, but I hope her faith pulls her through. Looks rather bleak though. I don't like my childhood icons dying :(

Roger Nichols, producer for Steely Dan and thus a major influence on the genesis of yacht rock, has died 66. Guess you could say he "Peg"ged it. Because Steely Dan had a song called "Peg".

Randy Wood

The founder of Dot Records has died aged 94. Their list of artists included The Andrews Sisters, Louis Armstrong, Pat Boone, Lonnie Donegan, Jimmy Dorsey, Freddy Fender, Eddie Fisher, Tab Hunter, Danny Kaye, Liberace, Barbara Mandrell, Tony Martin, Wink Martindale, Leonard Nimoy (!), Nervous Norvus, Louis Prima, Lalo Schifrin, The Surfaris and (according to the Wiki entry for Dot) lots of others, most of which mean very little to me, but some great names in there! I particularly like "Six Fat Dutchmen".

Gerard Smith, bassist with TV On The Radio, has been diagnosed with lung cancer.

Only a few weeks later, Gerard Smith is dead.

Being in a buzzband is a dangerous profession.

Being in a buzzband is a dangerous profession.

So apparently Smith's lung cancer death at such a young age was because he was a first responder at 9/11? I think this means we can pencil in Steve Buscemi for DL 2012?

Poly Styrene, the punk icon and former frontwoman for X-Ray Spex, is battling breast cancer.

http://www.spinnermusic.co.uk/2011/02/22/x...styrene-cancer/

Ex Ray Spex.

I shall dig out the vinyl of 'Germ Free Adolescents' later I think...

RIP Poly...

Damn shame.

Here's her

. She looks so well there, who'd have guessed she'd be gone so soon. RIP Poly.

Beaten to annonce it. :shoot2:

I actually used to like her when i was at UNI.

I've never heard of Poly Styrene.Is she related to the famous rapper Balls A Wood?

• Like 1