maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

I like the Legend soundtrack.

The Keep for me.

I like the Legend soundtrack.

The Keep for me.

He made the news headlines on Radio Four this morning. It's great that newsrooms all round are packed with anal types who bought albums and probably smoked a few big ones to them back in the day. Seriously, anyone who nudged the UK charts or once called themselves a cult hero are all provably obitable now. Froese is way better than - say - 20% of Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch in this dept. But an obit is an obit, and there may well be points aplenty in future years if we pick popsters.

It's great that newsrooms all round are packed with anal types who bought albums and probably smoked a few big ones to them back in the day.

The range of stuff you can hear in TV docs etc is amazing. Re-watched a BBC documentary about IK Brunel yesterday (yeah the one for the Greatest Britons series but it's actually rather good) and it had slabs of Pete Namlook and Aphex Twin in it. Someone somewhere was having a laugh, but it actually all works rather well in context, certainly the use of Rhubarb as background for the tragic failure of the SS Great Eastern and Brunel's death.

The BBC of course do not have to pay for any music they use, so the aural world is their oyster.

Daisy Berkowitz back on chemo and cancelling shows. He said back in october that he was doing fine and the cancer was under control so something went clearly down south since then.

https://www.facebook...875887759102572

My apologies to everyone concerned; I have to cancel my performance tonight at The Delancey. I restarted full chemo treatment this week and am way too fatigued to get downtown and put on a good show. Sorry. Next time.

he's been giving updates (c/w photos) about his condition on his gofundme page (which he started to help cover some of his living expenses)

Daisy Berkowitz back on chemo and cancelling shows. He said back in october that he was doing fine and the cancer was under control so something went clearly down south since then.

My apologies to everyone concerned; I have to cancel my performance tonight at The Delancey. I restarted full chemo treatment this week and am way too fatigued to get downtown and put on a good show. Sorry. Next time.

he's been giving updates (c/w photos) about his condition on his gofundme page (which he started to help cover some of his living expenses)

He's only been asking for $5000 so he can't had fallen on hard times yet. A friend of mine was diagnosed with stage 3 Multiple myeloma a few years ago. His cancer is now in remission but we had 4 fundraiser concerts and helped raise around $20K to help with his living and medical expenses.

He's only been asking for $5000 so he can't had fallen on hard times yet. A friend of mine was diagnosed with stage 3 Multiple myeloma a few years ago. His cancer is now in remission but we had 4 fundraiser concerts and helped raise around $20K to help with his living and medical expenses.

Have you seen the British cartoon strip of our version of Breaking Bad, it's about six frames in which a guy is diagnosed with cancer, starts to worry about paying for treatment and then the doctor explains about the NHS!

• Like 1

Have you seen the British cartoon strip of our version of Breaking Bad, it's about six frames in which a guy is diagnosed with cancer, starts to worry about paying for treatment and then the doctor explains about the NHS!

Yes, I've seen that and shown it to several friends here. My manager's son was taken to hospital a couple of months ago, even though they took x-rays they claimed that it was just a bad sprain on his wrist and thumb. A couple of months later, he was in agony and it turns out he had broken a couple of bones in that area of his hand that didn't grow back correctly. Now they have to break the bones again in his hand and reset them. He is now being hit with a $17K medical bill which insurance will only pay less than half of that, but it's still a hefty amount that he has to pay out.

Yes, I've seen that and shown it to several friends here. My manager's son was taken to hospital a couple of months ago, even though they took x-rays they claimed that it was just a bad sprain on his wrist and thumb. A couple of months later, he was in agony and it turns out he had broken a couple of bones in that area of his hand that didn't grow back correctly. Now they have to break the bones again in his hand and reset them. He is now being hit with a $17K medical bill which insurance will only pay less than half of that, but it's still a hefty amount that he has to pay out.

Coming soon....

Free with your next Conservative government....

That story has malpractice suit written all over.

regards,

Hein

That story has malpractice suit written all over.

regards,

Hein

I believe they're starting legal procedures once they have established the full extent of the damage done. e.g. if he can't play particular sports any more which may have prevented him from getting a scholarship for collage etc.

Frankie Rodriguez, keboardist for Question Mark & The Mysterians underwent heart surgery the other day. He's currently recovering comfortably in hospital and is hoping to be able to go home in the next few days.

One of Buddy Holly's Crickets, bass player Joe B. Mauldin, might be worth keeping an eye on:

Mauldin is dealing with a health issue and wants his privacy respected. On Thursday, Curtis [another Cricket] said in an email, “He is having surgery in a few days and cannot go to Cleveland.

Did anyone? Too, late if you didn't.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

One of Buddy Holly's Crickets, bass player Joe B. Mauldin, might be worth keeping an eye on:

Mauldin is dealing with a health issue and wants his privacy respected. On Thursday, Curtis [another Cricket] said in an email, “He is having surgery in a few days and cannot go to Cleveland.

don't be to maudlin about the death of Joe Maudlin!

don't be to maudlin about the death of Joe Maudlin!

Joke ruined.

• Like 2

Sam Houston, guitarist with Janis Joplin's band Big Brother and the Holding Company, is currently in very perilous health, having experienced a multitude of medical difficulties in recent months.

Sam-Andrew-Janis-Joplin-300x196.jpg

Sam Houston, guitarist with Janis Joplin's band Big Brother and the Holding Company, is currently in very perilous health, having experienced a multitude of medical difficulties in recent months.

Sam-Andrew-Janis-Joplin-300x196.jpg

Too many cheap thrills?

• Like 1

Kim Fowley, Legendary Record Producer, Dead at 75
"After a long battle with bladder cancer, legendary record producer Kim Fowley has died, Ralph Peer of Peer Music confirmed via author and LA scenester Harvey Kubernik. Throughout his career, Fowley stepped in and out of popular music's limelight, making a name for himself in the 1960s with a string of pop singles with a cultish lean and later managing the '70s punk girl group the Runaways"

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/6443507/kim-fowley-legendary-record-producer-dead-at-75

Kim Fowley, in accordance with his last will and testament, "defiled for Girls & Corpses Magazine" :unsure:

• Like 2

Kim Fowley, in accordance with his last will and testament, "defiled for Girls & Corpses Magazine" :unsure:

And they come and say we are sick. The imagery doesn't disturb me much, but the, whatsit, joke, does.

regards,

Hein

That's never Kim Fowley's corpse, it's wax, or summat, right. Apart from anything else, he wasn't that small.

It's definitely the way he'd have wanted it, mind.

BBC reporting Steve Strange has faded to grey.

Just posted this over on Dead of 2015 too, belt n braces. Peace.

That was the colour he turned just prior to having the heart attack. The wife and I were just talking about Steve Strange this past weekend in a conversation about Midge Ure.

That was the exact line I posted elsewhere. RIP he will be missed.

SC