maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

Linkin Park. A bigish band in their day but that was a while ago. RIP...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I wasn't a fan, but at least they were better than the alternative bands I was forced to like out of peer pressure. Offspring, Blink182, Sum41. At that time I heavily listened to Nine Inch Nails and also Marilyn Mansion and the like. For a while, it looked like Linkin Park took Inspiration from them but then they turned awfully ordinary.

Yep i felt the same as you. I like nine inch nails and linkin park , i wasn't a huge fan but i liked their music more than offspring , blink182 , sum41 , papa roach and green day . Very sad .

Sorry But he had young kids if you choose to kill yourself when you have young kids I lose alot of respect for you. At least wait until all your kids were old enough to look after themselves.

• Like 1

For me, the deaths of 2016 hit you like a hammer. But 2017 is a slow burner. It's catching up.

• Like 1

Hopefully like Ritchie and his 4real followers, this cunts fans follow his lead. No contribution whatsoever to 'music', popular or otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

I know the name Linkin Park but that is it.I probably would recognise some of their hits if I heard them.

they're one of those cases were their songs are more famous than the band, which explains their decline. You ideally  want both or the other way around. i.e linkin park released an album i need to buy it, rather than remember that song from years ago i wonder who sung it and what their upto and you've missed their last three albums.

Loads of my fb friends are paying tribut so I must be an exception for my generation.

On 2017. 06. 23. at 23:55, Joey Russ said:

Aaron Carter of the Backstreet Boys has a visit to the ER.

A quick update on his health – or rather, a tearful revelation:

http://www.etonline.com/news/221869_aaron_carter_tearfully_reveals_he_has_an_eating_disorder_and_gets_face_fillers_exclusive/

Swears he just has an eating disorder and that he is not a meth head but was recently arrested on charges of 'possession of drug related objects'. Definitely one to watch.

Ah, and besides, it's Nick Carter who was/is (?) a member of the Backstreet Boys. Aaron was his little brother who had one hit I think.

20 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Ah, and besides, it's Nick Carter who was/is (?) a member of the Backstreet Boys. Aaron was his little brother who had one hit I think.

Yes, I didn't even notice Joey's mistake there, although I knew who he was.

Nevertheless, he is "kind of famous" on his own right but he would definitely qualify for a proper obit with his "fringe bonus" (through his brother). Could be a lucrative gambit for the next few years if he continues to go downhill...

2018 marks the 50th anniversary of the deaths of both Bobby Driscoll and Frankie Lymon. I'm hoping we see some 90s/00s child stars pay tribute by undertaking their own untimely departures from this planet.

1 hour ago, the_engineer said:

Yep i felt the same as you. I like nine inch nails and linkin park , i wasn't a huge fan but i liked their music more than offspring , blink182 , sum41 , papa roach and green day . Very sad .

Sorry But he had young kids if you choose to kill yourself when you have young kids I lose alot of respect for you. At least wait until all your kids were old enough to look after themselves.

I don't think it's fair to say this unless you know why he chose to kill himself. We don't. I totally understand where you are coming from but it seems harsh.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

2018 marks the 50th anniversary of the deaths of both Bobby Driscoll and Frankie Lymon. I'm hoping we see some 90s/00s child stars pay tribute by undertaking their own untimely departures from this planet.

Aww Spade.  You're all heart.  lipstick-heart-smiley-emoticon.gif

24 minutes ago, Deathray said:

I don't think it's fair to say this unless you know why he chose to kill himself. We don't. I totally understand where you are coming from but it seems harsh.

Yeah I mean most people who kill themselves do so when they are having a breakdown and cant comprehend what they are doing.Of course there are exceptions such as someone who is evading justice or is sacrificing themselves like the Japenese used to and the Robin Williams Tony Scott type suicides where they know they are screwed medically so suicide becomes a very rational thing.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Exactly. I don't think Chester had ever revealed publicly that he has depression or anything, so we will have to wait for the band statement to see what was happening.

1 hour ago, Deathray said:

I fully understand its harsh and i'm not calling him a bad person or judging why he did it, Its just when you have kids there's kind of an unwritten contract that you're there for them no matter what through thick and thin and they become number one at least until they're 18 . I lose respect for those who don't keep to that .Of course they're exceptions if someone is keeping you from your child (custody battles etc)  or you mentally don't know what day it is let alone you have kids etc. If he felt he would harm his kids and this was the only way out too i wouldn't lose respect for him. If however he felt he couldn't cope and was feeling sorry for himself i indeed lose respect for him same with peaches geldof  injecting drugs alone with a baby and living chaotic lifestyle like she had no responsibilities.

3 hours ago, GossipGabe said:

A quick update on his health – or rather, a tearful revelation:

http://www.etonline.com/news/221869_aaron_carter_tearfully_reveals_he_has_an_eating_disorder_and_gets_face_fillers_exclusive/

Swears he just has an eating disorder and that he is not a meth head but was recently arrested on charges of 'possession of drug related objects'. Definitely one to watch.

He's 29 ? He looks 40. He may not be on meth but he's on something , he certainly acts like someone on drugs..

4 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Aaron Carter,Daniel John of Silverchair,Jason Davis,Lindsay Lohan and Hasselhoff's  son on Baywatch are given their best effort

Streetheart's Kenny Shields Dies at 69, he underwent emergency surgery for a serious heart ailment earlier this year, which forced the band to cancel all of it's touring plans for 2017

http://exclaim.ca/music/article/streethearts_kenny_shields_dead_at_69?utm_source=facebookpage&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=fbpwall

11 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

Streetheart's Kenny Shields Dies at 69, he underwent emergency surgery for a serious heart ailment earlier this year, which forced the band to cancel all of it's touring plans for 2017

http://exclaim.ca/music/article/streethearts_kenny_shields_dead_at_69?utm_source=facebookpage&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=fbpwall

Mind you they are still performing a final farewell show in tribute to Kenny in Winnipeg with Honeymoon Suite and a couple of others.

Re Chester...... Never mind Linkin Park. That's Stone Temple Pilots 2 for 2 vocalists in only 18 months. Did that xfactor boy Gutt? get the vacancy?

• Like 1

Israeli pop singer Amir Fryszer Guttman, famous for being part of the five-man Israeli boyband High Five during the 1990s, and who was wrongly diagnosed with lymphoma about a year ago, has drowned a few hours ago while trying to rescue his 5 years old niece - and is in critical condition.

Something i've seen circling, wonder if it's the same pug as well.

20294359_10155288772516628_6772630561382649931_n.jpg

• Like 1