maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

10 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

Cancer and my name is Larry...

Heart surgery apparently,he must have that sinking feeling now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

Let me show ya, how sweet it could be, sharing your life with Larry...NOT

• Like 1

Scorpio, Spade, and I like a girl with metastatic cancer and a guaranteed Times obituary. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Scorpio, Spade, and I like a girl with metastatic cancer and a guaranteed Times obituary. 

I like a girl with big tits but  to each their own I guess.

2 hours ago, The Mad Hatter said:

I like a girl with big tits but  to each their own I guess.

:whoosh:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Toast said:

:whoosh:

That's the something borrowed then....

19 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

Dude you deserve a thousand likes for that one.  Kids too young around here to understand. 
SC

• Like 1

21 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Larry Cunningham of UK one hit wonders The Floaters hospitalised: https://www.soultracks.com/story-larry-cunningham-ill

" New label MCA brought in veteran writer/producer Eugene McDaniels for the group's third album, Float Into the Future, but it died an even quicker death."

Since we're on the topic of quick deaths......

How come Float On hasn't yet been on a Tarantino soundtrack?

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

I have a feeling that he will be a very popular joker next year...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Dude you deserve a thousand likes for that one.  Kids too young around here to understand. 
SC

Thank you, I've always been interested in one hit wonders, especially ones like The Floaters and Carl Douglas from the 70s (of course, the 80s have the most of the one hit wonders)

10 minutes ago, FixedBusiness said:

Thank you, I've always been interested in one hit wonders, especially ones like The Floaters and Carl Douglas from the 70s (of course, the 80s have the most of the one hit wonders)

Do NOT tell anyone, cuz it's embarrassing (though I was like 14, blame my older sister)....but I saw Wild Cherry live.  Nuf ced.

SC

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Do NOT tell anyone, cuz it's embarrassing (though I was like 14, blame my older sister)....but I saw Wild Cherry live.  Nuf ced.

SC

It's alright, I nearly got the chance to see  Midnight Oil live but just found out a couple of days ago the show was canceled :P

• Like 2

On 25/07/2017 at 22:44, FixedBusiness said:

Carl Douglas is a three hit wonder (four if you count remixes as new records) - who could forget those utter top 40 classics Do the Kung-Fu and Run Back?

I hope for your sake he isn't a genuine martial arts expert because he might take your presumtion really badly.

Oh yeah, I forgot he had more hits in the UK, I usually go by US/Canada charts, which is why I also say Dexy's Midnight Runners is a one hit wonder, even though I think they had more in the UK (where they are from) and Men Without Hats, who had more in Canada (where they are from). Hell, even Mr Big had more hits in Canada and... wait you'll never guess.... JAPAN. Haha. Also, don't forget that Do The Kung-Fu is basically a straight recycling of Kung Fu Fighting :D

4 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Carl Douglas is a three hit wonder (four if you count remixes as new records) - who could forget those utter top 40 classics Do the Kung-Fu and Run Back?

I hope for your sake he isn't a genuine martial arts expert because he might take your presumtion really badly.

48 minutes ago, FixedBusiness said:

Oh yeah, I forgot he had more hits in the UK, I usually go by US/Canada charts, which is why I also say Dexy's Midnight Runners is a one hit wonder, even though I think they had more in the UK (where they are from) and Men Without Hats, who had more in Canada (where they are from). Hell, even Mr Big had more hits in Canada and... wait you'll never guess.... JAPAN. Haha. Also, don't forget that Do The Kung-Fu is basically a straight recycling of Kung Fu Fighting :D

I was surprised to find out that Dance the Kung Fu was also a big hit in Germany:

Top10 chart run (DTKF entered the Top10 when Kung Fu Fighting lost its No.1 spot):

Kung Fu Fighting: 9-3-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-4-2-2-4-4-6-7-7-out (Top50 for 27 weeks)

Dance the Kung Fu:                            10-5-5-8-5-6-8-x-8-out (Top50 for 19 weeks)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

He'll be remembered for his valuable contribution to the music world. I loved sad breakup song number 20456.

I loved Kung Fu Fighting, great song. You could see it in practice as it helped him become Britain's no1 at table tennis shortly after it hit the charts. True dat.https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnNuQaQnmuwP2CTR17bwxaP5wG5CRUFS6bRs6RU9nUARr8B2sQOA[/IMG]

• Like 2

I can honestly say I've never heard Bluer Than Blue (didn't want to repost the goddamn video again).  Thank goodness.
SC

• Like 1

Carl Douglas' debut album was called Kung Fu Fighting and Other Great Love Songs.

• Like 2