maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

Of the popular under 50 names for this year DDP excluding Goodwin, who seemed like an obit punt (ie Matt Cappotelli, Dean Francis, Greg Gilbert, Devin Lima, Liam Miller, Fernando Ricksen, Stefan Karl Stefansson, and Marieke Vervoort), only Miller has died so far, and the only real cert of those at this point is Stefansson, though he still has a few months left imo. I'm now thinking it's probably too early for Cappotelli (who was only on my team as a defense pick) and Ricksen, and Greg Gilbert is starting to seem more like a long term case. The best under 50 picks minus Stefansson are Dean Francis, Devin Lima (who's not on my team), and Marieke Vervoort imo. But I could still see those three surviving the year. Francis's gofundme closed in July of last year, and he still seems to be doing okay, while Lima, while has been notably silent since his diagnosis, was only diagnosed last October. And of course, Vervoort keeps holding back on her euthanasia, though I still have a feeling that she's not going to see the year out despite her holding back. I'm wondering if going for less high point picks is a better strategy for next year...

I never found any justification for thinking Cappotelli was in immediate danger.  Heaven knows I can miss the obvious, but I was rather stunned so many jumped on his bandwagon.  That said, he will be dead before I hit 'enter'.
SC

(I chose Lima purely for defensive purposes 'just in case' and knew he would be D40; Ricksen WAY too early, but I have him on one team I think).

I added Gilbert on my A-team too.I agree with him being the Leah Bracknell of x year. Still, he's not the worst pick on that team. I"ve said it before, I have worse picks on that team (Life Flies By So Fast btw). A couple are:

Fernando Ricksen - I too think it's too early.

Johnny Ruffo - curse you headlines :rant:

Devin Lima - perhaps a little too early

Paul Gascoigne - may or may not go

Valerie Harper - I think it was because of a new experimental drug working or something?

Shane MacGowan - Torn on this one because hes fucked up atm but seeing as how some druggies can hold on for a long time (Clapton, Ozzy....), idk
Paul O'Grady - Probably the worst pick, I just thought it'd be an interesting pick.

Timmy Matley of the Overtones (not an Undertones tribute act apparently) dead at 36.

Had been suffering from skin cancer, but reportedly fell from a balcony in London.

11 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Sorry to bring the thread fully back on topic.

Dave Mullaney, of the band Hot Butter who covered Gershon Kingsley's Popcorn, reportedly dead: https://www.cadillacnews.com/news/musician-who-recorded-top-song-popcorn-dies-recently-in-cadillac/article_f2252bd3-d788-5bdb-a691-ba0154f47918.html

I can't fahkin believe he lived in Cadillac, MI.  Think of tall pines, a lake and hunting lodge.  That' where I picture the creator of pre-Kraftwerk Moog soundscapes.  SMH

3 hours ago, time said:

Timmy Matley of the Overtones (not an Undertones tribute act apparently) dead at 36.

Had been suffering from skin cancer, but reportedly fell from a balcony in London.

My eyes can see Timmy Matley but the brain gives me pictures of Timmy Mallett!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Apologies for steering slightly off topic once more, but...

On 11/10/2017 at 10:13, gcreptile said:

He's a new Daisy Berkowitz. At some point it's going to get him.

I think Greg Gilbert is more like him, especially since they have the same type of cancer...

You can’t fix stupid.....but you can take out its cervix.  Maybe you CAN fix stupid.

Isabel Munoz-Newsome, the lead singer of British band Pumarosa, says embarrassment stopped her from going for a smear test, after she revealed she's battled cervical cancer.

SC

Mariah Carey once had hallucinations of Prince, Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston coming to dinner:

https://theblast.com/mariah-carey-hospitalized/

Actually, it's the other way round...she's invited to join them but hasn't dared to.

Also, I've strongly considered opening a thread for her, and her wreck of a sister, who is repeatedly being mentioned on this forum:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5917772/mariah-careys-sister-reveals-she-can-barely-afford-food-and-her-family-wont-lend-her-money-for-dentures-after-she-had-her-teeth-pulled-out/

Couldn't think of a sub-headline though.

All I want for Christmas is death (sorry)...

I could only think of "Living without you", but that song was just a cover.

She’ll die when you believe

(Best I could come up with and even then I had to google her songs.....)

In 2008 she had a song out simply titled Bye Bye.....

22 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Funny bit of coincidence of you posting that, one of the producers of the song Fred Rister has terminal cancer:skull: 

Not sure of his obit chances however...

Collaborated with David Guetta and had lots of hits it seems, He may. I wanna say like, 75% chance it gets a QO

5 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Funny bit of coincidence of you posting that, one of the producers of the song Fred Rister has terminal cancer:skull: 

Not sure of his obit chances however...

That’s very kind of you JR.  I guess if I can give away the Burning Man guy you can give away this guy, whoever advances in Cup play.  Both look like good May names.

SC

23 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Mariah Carey once had hallucinations of Prince, Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston coming to dinner:

https://theblast.com/mariah-carey-hospitalized/

Actually, it's the other way round...she's invited to join them but hasn't dared to.

Also, I've strongly considered opening a thread for her, and her wreck of a sister, who is repeatedly being mentioned on this forum:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5917772/mariah-careys-sister-reveals-she-can-barely-afford-food-and-her-family-wont-lend-her-money-for-dentures-after-she-had-her-teeth-pulled-out/

Couldn't think of a sub-headline though.

There's an album called The Emancipation of Mimi and another called Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel (which she'll likely become the second she pegs it)

Just sayin'

Maybe the Roberta Flack unique will finally pay off for YoungWilz. 

• Like 1

Well, in any event I wish her well. She's a very talented lady, very much of VeryYoungWillz era when the parents had the radio on the morning before school.

(That dates me, no breakfast telly and didn't use the term "wireless")!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dead Wait said:

Is she being killed softly?

With her song?