maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

On 4/9/2018 at 21:52, Sir Creep said:

... and chalk up myself and whoever else wants to admit now that Gilbert appears a shoddy pick in 2018.

SC

I found this fascinating post.... just setting it here.

072F4038-E0A1-452B-9A57-13579BA30225.png

Frankie Avalon had to cancel an appearance in my hometown due to “unexpected emergency surgery”

Edited by ajlposh
Spelling

47 minutes ago, ajlposh said:

Frankie Avalon had to cancel an appearance in my hometown due to “unexpected emergent surgery”

Emergent - as in it came out of him!!

Is there - like - any photographic proof of this?

Paul Simon is on a farewell tour, though he says that it’s only the end of touring. Thought he had his own thread, but I can’t find him for some reason.

5 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Paul Simon is on a farewell tour, though he says that it’s only the end of touring. Thought he had his own thread, but I can’t find him for some reason.

He was in next shocking death thingy thread.  Like this should be if he wasn't.  We had a whole discussion about him and his Brickellian wife.

Somewhere in the last few years, someone posted a pic of Julian Cope but search fails me.

He looked like Rob Halford in 2057.

I've now saw the uncropped photo and its this, from 5 years ago.

COPE_LEE_2_10_quietus-2_1403533902_crop_

On the left, its Stewart Lee....... The *comedian*.

5. Years. Ago.

9 hours ago, charon said:

Somewhere in the last few years, someone posted a pic of Julian Cope but search fails me.

He looked like Rob Halford in 2057.

I've now saw the uncropped photo and its this, from 5 years ago.

COPE_LEE_2_10_quietus-2_1403533902_crop_

On the left, its Stewart Lee....... The *comedian*.

5. Years. Ago.

Cope's 60 and despite prodigious use of psychedelics over many years appears not to have any life-threatening health problems.

I'm reading an interview with 70-year old Synth/ambient pioneer Klaus Schulze and he says that in recent years, producing albums has become more difficult because of health problems:

http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/musik/klaus-schulze-der-elektro-pionier-ueber-sein-album-silhouettes-a-1209048.html (german)

Stewart Lupton, frontman of highly tipped but ultimately unsuccessful late 90s indie rockers Jonathan Fire*Eater dead at 43. I had it in my head that most of Jonathan Fire*Eater went on to be in Electric Six, but it was actually The Walkmen. Mandela effect?

On 12/06/2011 at 11:08, Spade_Cooley said:

Seth Putnam, frontman of light-hearted politically correct novelty combo Anal Cunt, has died of a heart attack aged 43 after years of poor health.

Joined in the afterlife now by Anal Cunt guitarist Josh Martin, who has died at 46 after falling off a shopping mall escalator. Fantastic excerpt from his obit there:

Martin made news back in November 2017 when he heckled Gene Simmons during a show at Providence’s Veterans Memorial Auditorium. Martin yelled things like “Is this a fucking joke?” and “Ace is better than this!” before Simmons rushed out to alledgedy try and fight him.

• Like 3

Best pick of 2018 getting married in August.

26 minutes ago, FixedBusiness said:

Best pick of 2020 getting married in August.

FTFY

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

Best pick of 2018 getting married in August.

Waiting until August doesn’t suggest urgency. Could be quite tight at the end of the year.....

On 30/05/2018 at 00:33, Dead Wait said:

Waiting until August doesn’t suggest urgency. Could be quite tight at the end of the year.....

Or the doctor gave him until October and he wanted to marry right before he died. Urgency doesn't really matter when singers like Chuck Berry were still scheduling concerts until their death. I do agree though, I'm 50/50 on if Gilbert survives the year.

On 29/05/2018 at 16:40, Spade_Cooley said:

Joined in the afterlife now by Anal Cunt guitarist Josh Martin, who has died at 46 after falling off a shopping mall escalator. Fantastic excerpt from his obit there:

Aw man, we do a List of the Lost radio show as the first show of every new year.

Sure to have a bit of AC in there. I was getting bothered about how much of the 2019 show was already filled but I can squeeze in an AC track no bother since many of them run shy of 30 seconds.

• Like 1

Tommy Steele giving it laldy on The One Show just now....

10 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

???

5 minutes ago, JR976evil said:

???

See him now?

Low-quality TV images for anyone interested in form-spotting:

20180606_193206.thumb.png.fecf0d81fc9a81615e21790c554fede6.png20180606_193143.thumb.png.ee18e1f166920f2e2fe7a123864038cd.png

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JR976evil said:
33 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

???

Geein it laldy = giving it laldy = giving it your all = being enthusiastic.

I feel a bit sorry for Tommy, stuck between Anne Robinson and Caroline Quentin bickering about stay-at-home mums and men's bums.

1 hour ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Geein it laldy = giving it laldy = giving it your all = being enthusiastic.

Ah!  not a typo for Lardy, then.

On 06/06/2018 at 19:33, Clorox Bleachman said:

Low-quality TV images for anyone interested in form-spotting:

20180606_193206.thumb.png.fecf0d81fc9a81615e21790c554fede6.png20180606_193143.thumb.png.ee18e1f166920f2e2fe7a123864038cd.png

Ten years older than Fleetwood Mac and in way better shape than the likes of them

We're in Vera Lynn/Teddy Johnson territory here, surely

• Like 2

On another tack entirely - there was a funny story in a press write up about Peter Stringfellow in which he talked about nearly getting seven shades kicked out of him back in the early eighties in New York by a coke dealer who wanted paying a few thousand dollars for gear supplied. Stringfellow pointed out he'd never met the dealer and eventually the pair of them realised it was genuine mistaken identity because Stringfellow and Peter FRAMPTON shared a similar trendy mullet/blonde tresses look at the time. Begging the question; if Frampton's fondness for marching powder was on that scale decades ago - what shape is his 68 year old heart in today?