Dead Pop Stars

That photo is...TMI

Who Ate Bambi?

Saw him live in June and honestly he didn’t seem to look too bad 

On 16/09/2018 at 14:52, charon said:

At least he is recognisable.

Unlike.....

nfpbq1.jpg

OK, I guess someone has to do it.  Who is he?  No one seems to want to mention his name.

2 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

OK, I guess someone has to do it.  Who is he?  No one seems to want to mention his name.

Johnny Rotten/Lydon.

1412463151872_wps_19_Mandatory_Credit_Ph

tbh, when charon posted the pic, my first thought was "that looks like a fat Johnny Rotten now who the fuck is it....jeez oh."

The funny thing is, all that weight was definitely packed on in the last 10 years. He had an interview with Neversoft in the video game Guitar Hero World Tour and he looked alright iirc (some Mororhead members and OzzyOsbourne, among others were interviewed too )

I thought he had spinal issues all his life, not exactly the framework capable of holding onto increased weight.  Guess I'm wrong on that.

2 hours ago, FixedBusiness said:

The funny thing is, all that weight was definitely packed on in the last 10 years. He had an interview with Neversoft in the video game Guitar Hero World Tour and he looked alright iirc (some Mororhead members and OzzyOsbourne, among others were interviewed too )

No.

Weight all piled on in the last year.

Highly sus imo.

Crazy.  I guess the Sex Pistols references should have twigged,  but I just didn't see it at all.

1 hour ago, charon said:

No.

Highly sus imo.

Aye, he didn't look that bad in the thing the Beeb did for his 60th the other year.

This is a man who never used to brush his teeth or dress like he actually gave a shit about his appearance.

He doesn't need to work or do anything except whatever he wants to do and eat whatever he wants eat.

Fucking hell, he is hardly going to be seen going to a gym or eating healthily, he does not give a fuck.

His weight is worry free and doesn't give a fuck living

14 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Crazy.  I guess the Sex Pistols references should have twigged,  but I just didn't see it at all.

Most were PIL.

Msc there's a vid or two on youtoob from start of the year, and aye he'd put on a wee bit of weight, but its ballooned.

Reminds me of the Brian Shivers photo I saw at the early part of the year, and his gain I think is from MS treatment.

6 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

This is a man who never used to brush his teeth or dress like he actually gave a shit about his appearance.

He doesn't need to work or do anything except whatever he wants to do and eat whatever he wants eat.

Fucking hell, he is hardly going to be seen going to a gym or eating healthily, he does not give a fuck.

His clothes in 1977 cost more than my car in 2017.......

Don't believe it, he is quite keen on living long..

50 minutes ago, charon said:

His clothes in 1977 cost more than my car in 2017.......

Don't believe it, he is quite keen on living long..

I suspect McClaren and Westwood dressed him.

I get what you say, I just think that he doesn't factor his lifestyle habits into his longevity trek.

Mind you, you could be correct, he could be ill.

Kathleen Turner blew up like a balloon due to somesort of thyroid issue?

16 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I suspect McClaren and Westwood dressed him.

I get what you say, I just think that he doesn't factor his lifestyle habits into his longevity trek.

Mind you, you could be correct, he could be ill.

Kathleen Turner blew up like a balloon due to somesort of thyroid issue?

Foreigner lead singer Lou Gramm had a brain tumour about 20 years ago and the medications he took caused him to gain weight.

*forum in-joke*

*checks Wiki*

Nah, apparently Lydon was raised Roman Catholic as a wean.

*takes off shortlist*

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Sorrry but they pretty clearly cared about their image in the Sex Pistols days. They didn't buy those clothes in the charity shop.

Image result for sex pistols 1977

Anyway I actually came in here to mention that it's probably a good job Bez (a candidate for next years Deathlist) never got elected to parliament when he tried to, as it turns out he's a dirty cheat on Bargain Hunt specials with Jarvis Cocker.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-09-17/the-finale-to-jarvis-cockers-bargain-hunt-episode-had-to-be-re-shot-its-the-first-time-weve-ever-had-to-look-at-the-rule-book/

"The first time we've had to look at the rule book in 18 years of doing this show"....

4 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Sorrry but they pretty clearly cared about their image in the Sex Pistols days. They didn't buy those clothes in the charity shop.

To be fair - Rotten these days is still in better shape than Sid - coming up 40 years dead (d. 2 Feb 1979)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Deathray said:

You are missing the point a bit.

The sex Pistols were not his creation, it was the creation of others and it was immaculately managed from the beginning.

How they were dressed and even how they behaved on the Today programme in 76 was all to cultivate the right image, it was art.

I'm pretty sure he never flounced out because the clothes he was given didn't match his eyes or something.

anyway, if he really did give a shit he would not have been seen dead in those Andy Pandy clothes at LAX

17 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

To be fair - Rotten these days is still in better shape than Sid - coming up 40 years dead (d. 2 Feb 1979)

At least Sid Vidicous didn't live long enough to turn into a corporate sell-out?

The album Sid Sings says otherwise.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, charon said:

The album Sid Sings says otherwise.

To be fair it had Belsen Was a Gas on it, pretty much guaranteeing the granny market half the rest of the songs would attract wouldn't buy it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, charon said:

No.

Highly sus imo.

Goddamn then! I'm not too up to date with recent news on Johnny, so thanks for that!

7 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

That’s such a Lard Bazaar post.  

1 where is she

2 are you the same person lol

4 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

That’s such a Lard Bazaar post.  

1 where is she

2 are you the same person lol

1 Alive and out there

2 No. She is more intelligent.

• Haha 1