maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

11 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Tbh, I read the section on Wiki and I think their exclusion was fair. In order to be inducted as a member of a band or group, the criteria is 1) original member, 2) current member, or 3) performed on multiple albums. He was none of those. Just seems bitter and tedious that he hit out at it.

Indeed and his other band members didn't seem to care at the time....

Now touting him as an 'essential but forgotten member' cos he's snuffed it......

He was a bit part player in the long history of the band, it'd be nice if bands could just be honest about this stuff.

'The random part time replacement for our bezza mate 40 years ago has snuffed, he was a decent bloke but the band would have survived without him'

rather than touting him as essential. 

Greg Gilbert’s stage 4 cancer has now progressed to his liver:

• Sad 2

DJ Erick Morillo, off of liking to Move It Move It, dead at 49, a few weeks after being arrested for sexual battery.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

DJ Erick Morillo, off of liking to Move It Move It, dead at 49, a few weeks after being arrested for sexual battery.

Madagascar will be unwatchable....

No change there then.

• Haha 2

He's not going to move it move it now, is he?

Erick Morillo was the king of dance music.He was an icon.He was a god. His loss cannot be calculated.I type this through tears. God bless you Erick. Your legacy will endure for generations. R.I.P 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Erick Morillo was the king of dance music.He was an icon.He was a god. His loss cannot be calculated.I type this through tears. God bless you Erick. Your legacy will endure for generations. R.I.P 

Give me a break. He was known for one song...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

But it was the song of my youth.I have fond memories of throwing up in a field after a night raving and taking ecstasy.I kissed my first girlfriend while listening to his music. I will never get those nights back again...

To be fair when I was sobered up the next day I realised  she wasn't that good looking so I dumped her. The perils of teenage years !

55 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

He did have another song 18 years later (that charted higher!) but nobody remembers it except for this saddo.

The promotion for this song was just odd. Erick was nowhere to be seen, and every interviewer would ask Alexandra if the song was about a literal elephant. Peak humour.

I know that song but can't recall him featuring in it. That was probably the last song she put out before fading into the abyss.

Was hilarious when she claimed she single-handedly brought the saying "elephant in the room" to the UK though.

• Like 1

Just now, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Poor Darlene, so shocked and heartbroken she forgot how to spell her sister's name.

I did notice but I'm temporarily out of churl. ;)

Ignore.

5 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

The four seasons is down to 3.Whether it's spring summer autumn or winter they've lost I don't know.  https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/09/tommy-devito-original-four-seasons-member-dies-of-covid-19-at-92.html

Well Nick Massi died nearly 20 years ago.

Seasons came and seasons went - there's still loads alive but from their earliest recordings they are down to two.

So they are down to 2 then? 

That's a shame. I know one of our admin is a huge fan.