maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

"Died suddenly in her sleep". How does that happen? She was only 73, so unlikely to be organ failure / "old age".

Heart attacks and strokes are most common causes.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Amanda Holden dead.

:(

Damn it you nearly gave me a heart attack, at least you could have clarified that it was not "THAT" Amanda Holden who died.....

8 minutes ago, TheSpinosaurus said:

Damn it you nearly gave me a heart attack, at least you could have clarified that it was not "THAT" Amanda Holden who died.....

Did you not consider the fact that my intention was to give some n00b a heart attack?

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Did you not consider the fact that my intention was to give some n00b a heart attack?

While the intention was clear, I still don't know why you posted under "Dead Pop Stars".

4 minutes ago, time said:

While the intention was clear, I still don't know why you posted under "Dead Pop Stars".

The article was about a musician, and there is no generic music thread? 

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Probably the composers thread would be a better fit, but whatever, she's not that big of a name to bother with classifications.

Probably Opera, but who cares anymore?

Indian 3rd sub-postmistress posted in Didn't Wake Up This Morning? No problem, knock yourselves out lol.

23 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

20 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

Probably the composers thread would be a better fit, but whatever, she's not that big of a name to bother with classifications.

10 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Probably Opera, but who cares anymore?

Indian 3rd sub-postmistress posted in Didn't Wake Up This Morning? No problem, knock yourselves out lol.

Given that the intention was to mislead people into thinking it was he more well-known talent-show judge, I'd have stuck it in the Simon Cowell thread

Dunno where else to post this. Joe Strummer was cremated, so he's likely spared the agony of turning in his grave at the thought of this level of cashing in: 

241625633_1244121762727881_7313917574532

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Joe Strummer was created, so he's likely spared the agony of turning in his grave at the thought of this level of cashing in:

I've been puzzling over this, and I've just realised that you meant to say "cremated".  :D

2 hours ago, Toast said:

I've been puzzling over this, and I've just realised that you meant to say "cremated".  :D

Aye, FTFM above

2 hours ago, Vinegar Tits said:

Pffft. Siouxsie And The Banshees never sold out.

Most of my musical heroes never sold out, when I see them performing these days I always feel obliged to chuck them some change!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Dunno where else to post this. Joe Strummer was cremated, so he's likely spared the agony of turning in his grave at the thought of this level of cashing in: 

241625633_1244121762727881_7313917574532

Is this actually a thing (as opposed to a piece of 'art' or whatever)?

7 minutes ago, time said:

Is this actually a thing (as opposed to a piece of 'art' or whatever)?

Turned up on the instagram post of a "Beerwax" and I think it was a thing, i.e. a limited edition produced in the past. That's as far as I could hunt it down - saw it shared on FB this morning and thought I'd post it here.

1 minute ago, maryportfuncity said:

Turned up on the instagram post of a "Beerwax" and I think it was a thing, i.e. a limited edition produced in the past. That's as far as I could hunt it down - saw it shared on FB this morning and thought I'd post it here.

Thanks. I think it was just an arty thing if it was Beerwax, which, if it is, is a relief I'd have hoped that if The Clash were to sell out they'd have gone with something with a bit more oomph than 3.5% lager.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vinegar Tits said:

Pffft. Siouxsie And The Banshees never sold out.

Well they may have been accused of it by other Punk bands when they made their bow on TOTPs.

Going on there when you were, like, hardcore rebels, was a big no, no.

I suppose they may have had a point, seeing Sham 69 on there was pretty cool but it wasn't too cool when my dad said he liked them.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Well they may have been accused of it by other Punk bands when they made their bow on TOTPs.

I suppose they may have had a point, seeing Sham 69 on there was pretty cool but it wasn't too cool when my dad said he liked them.

Sham 69 had one of the all time greatest shameless cash ins, when they released Hurry Up Harry for the 2006 World Cup and changed two lines: subbing the word "England" in for "Harry" in the verse, and changing "we're going down the pub" to "we're gonna win the Cup". Utterly shameless.

It sold shitloads!

:D

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

If TOTP was good enough for Bowie and Bolan it was good enough for the Banshees was their reckoning. Which I thoroughly agree with. It was only the silly old Clash who purposely refused, the Sex Pistols weren't allowed on it.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Vinegar Tits said:

If TOTP was good enough for Bowie and Bolan it was good enough for the Banshees was their reckoning. Which I thoroughly agree with. It was only the silly old Clash who purposely refused, the Sex Pistols weren't allowed on it.

Yeah, that's a fair point!