maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

Yes indeed Death Warmed Up - Arfur and Hilda duetted on an 'hilarious' rendidtion of 'You're The One That I Want.'

Yes indeed Death Warmed Up - Arfur and Hilda duetted on an 'hilarious' rendidtion of 'You're The One That I Want.'

In the 1970's British Television was awash with elements that made your whole being squirm with embarassment...

Beating On the Buses, Benny Hill, Love Thy Neighbour and George and Mildred however was the 3 minutes of Arfur and Hilda on Top of The Pops...

Dressed in leathers, mumbling on tunelessly out of time with the music, and forgetting the words.... had they been doing Keith Richards it would have been bang on!

Beating On the Buses......

Where's the swear filter?

When Elvis finally consumed his last cheeseburger.. Mark Chapman made his acquaintance with John Lennon..and Freddie Mercury took his final bow.. their records were played for 24 hours on the radio.

News just in.. Gillette are increasing their production for the eventuality of Leonard Cohen's death

And if you watch German TV on a regular basis you'll also see that Arfur n Hilda weren't the only ones to send up 'You're The One That I Want', as the marvellous Helga Feddersen (gestorben) and Dieter Hallervorden (keine gestorben) did similar with 'Du, Die Wanne Ist Voll'.

That other dead pop stars link is pretty good, if a bit unuser friendly, but I'm shocked that someone as prominent as Michel Berger isn't mentioned (did a few foreign pop stars as a test to see how reliable it was).

As for Father Abraham, he has a website you know... Born 1935, so not as old as I thought.

Gunther Dietz - Died 8 or 9-?-1997 ( Heavy Metal ) He dove off the stage during a concert, the crowd moved away and he smashed onto the concrete floor.

Well, I'm more of a schlager and NDW gal myself but I recall hearing about it at the time so I think it did. Dunno about who the band were, I presume they weren't particularly famous or there'd be more about it online.

Nicked from elsewhere...

"Gunther punched his fist in the air, shouted 'Catch me!', and jumped off the stage... But we didn't even try to catch him. Oh no. We all just stepped out of the way, and roared with laughter when he hit the concrete.

"He smashed head first into the concrete floor. He remained conscious for about a minute and kept crying out for his mummy. [This is the bit I like-VT] Somebody pissed over him which I thought was a bit rude. But, if you ask me, he got what he deserved." :dead:

Nicked from elsewhere...

"Gunther punched his fist in the air, shouted 'Catch me!', and jumped off the stage... But we didn't even try to catch him. Oh no. We all just stepped out of the way, and roared with laughter when he hit the concrete.

"He smashed head first into the concrete floor. He remained conscious for about a minute and kept crying out for his mummy. [This is the bit I like-VT] Somebody pissed over him which I thought was a bit rude. But, if you ask me, he got what he deserved."

Cheers, that somewhere else is the book 'Better to Burn Out', a crackin' read.

Just found a similar site to the one in the first post, but with a fantastically evil fundamentalist Christian message.

"The fear of the LORD prolongeth days..."

For their rock is not as our Rock,. . .

Deuteronomy 32:31

5 Behold, God is mighty, and despiseth not any: he is mighty in strength and wisdom.

6 He preserveth not the life of the wicked:. . .

14 They DIE in youth, and their life is among the unclean.

Job 36:5,6,14

It's worth clicking on the bottom buttons ...

WHAT IS YOUR CHOICE?

I CHOOSE LIFE.

I CHOOSE DEATH.

WHAT IS YOUR CHOICE?

I CHOOSE LIFE.

I CHOOSE DEATH.

I chose DEATH.

I thought only the good died young?

Anubis,

It was a good site for resource reasons but the bible-thumping message at the end was a real pain.

I chose death too, after all it's better to burn out than fade away as 60 year old singer-songwriter Neil Young says

I see you are a fellow popbitch reader, ATJ.

Spookily, I was reading Sir Peter Maxwell's site today for the first time in months.

Whilst it was still up on my screen, I switched windows to discover you had mentioned him in the 2006 thread.

Have you hacked my machine? ;)

I don't know much about Sir Peter Maxwell, but started reading his site after Boudicca mentioned it. Is this guy really for real?

Guest Himler
Just found a similar site to the one in the first post, but with a fantastically evil fundamentalist Christian message.

"The fear of the LORD prolongeth days..."

For their rock is not as our Rock,. . .

Deuteronomy 32:31

5 Behold, God is mighty, and despiseth not any: he is mighty in strength and wisdom.

6 He preserveth not the life of the wicked:. . .

14 They DIE in youth, and their life is among the unclean.

Job 36:5,6,14

It's worth clicking on the bottom buttons ...

WHAT IS YOUR CHOICE?

I CHOOSE LIFE.

I CHOOSE DEATH.

George Michael had "Choose Life" written on his tee-shirt on a certain music video!

What better endorsement of the wisdom of not slashing one's wrists do you want? :o

I don't know much about Sir Peter Maxwell, but started reading his site after Boudicca mentioned it. Is this guy really for real?

Of course he is, have you never heard of him before?

Guest Himler

Whoa, I just found a site I like better than Deathlist!

Is he running for PM by chance?? :P

I see you are a fellow popbitch reader, ATJ.

There's a few of us around you know... :banghead:

Of course he is, have you never heard of him before?

Only just at the mention of his name, but never really read up on what an evil bastard he truly is

Just found a similar site to the one in the first post, but with a fantastically evil fundamentalist Christian message...

...etc...

Hm. I find their claim

NOTE: This is EVERY death of a Rock star we've found. This is NOT a "RIGGED" list to produce FALSE numbers, but an HONEST observation.

slightly dubious, seeing as how they appear to have omitted the all-important 'farming/gardening' category.

23 years today since Karen Carpenter died. Isn't it about time we had another anorexia related death

To commemorate the death of Karen Carpenter, Hasbro are releasing a new range of toy

It's called My Little Boney

slightly dubious, seeing as how they appear to have omitted the all-important 'farming/gardening' category.

They missed a sitter indeed.

Jeff Porcaro Toto 92-08-05 38 Heart attack

Whereas on Another Site we get

Porcaro's 1992 death from a heart attack has been the subject of controversy: some sources say the attack was caused by an allergic reaction to garden pesticide, while others say Porcaro's heart was weakened by cocaine use.

I know there are concerns for Lindsay Lohan and she is a singer/actress.

Lindsay Lohan useto live across the street from me.

I know there are concerns for Lindsay Lohan and she is a singer/actress.

Lindsay Lohan useto live across the street from me.

That would explain the concerns. :crossbone:

• Like 1