maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

16 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Barry Bailey, guitarist with the Atlanta Rhythm section, has died. He was 73.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/barry-bailey-atlanta-rhythm-section-dead/

ARS have had enough players through the ranks they could fill a small suburb of Atlanta (city) - they're still a going concern as well, apparently. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

ARS have had enough players through the ranks they could fill a small suburb of Atlanta (city) - they're still a going concern as well, apparently. 

Atlanta Burial Section.

On 13/03/2022 at 12:50, Grande Pablo said:

Jesse Hughes can quit being a blubbering pussy now; his bird has woken up and all is sweetness and light in the EoDM/QoTSA clan. Unless Josh Homme has started laying into his family again. 

Keith Martin, US R&B singer who had a big hit 20 years ago (Because of You) and in recent years was a regular presence and big name in Indonesia and Philippines, has died in Manila aged 55. I saw him play a few times and he was a damn fine pianist and singer.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/because-of-you-musician-keith-martin-has-died-aged-55-3191922

Edit: he got a full article in the Independent, so he would have QO'd if anyone had picked him. Well done Keith!

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/keith-martin-because-of-you-death-55-b2045579.html

• Sad 1

Breaker breaking news? Bill Fries reportedly dead: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Breaker breaking news? Bill Fries reportedly dead: 

Sad day if so Convoy is one of my all time favourite films and personally I prefer the film version of the song. God bless Mr McCall 

• Like 1

This isn't going to be another one of those where it turns out to be true but the confirmation takes ages to drop.

27 minutes ago, Deathtreat23 said:

This isn't going to be another one of those where it turns out to be true but the confirmation takes ages to drop.

Already got an obit

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Already got an obit

Just posted elsewhere that there's some dispute on this because the Denver Post wrote something that led people to assume he was dead then retracted it. I mean, clearly, if he's still around he's still a decent DL Cup pick, but let's give it a few hours to check it isn't an April fool job, eh?

Scrub that, he is a goner, I've just pulled off the Luke Shaw stylee improbable early strike in my DL Cup game. 

1 hour ago, alt obits guy said:

Fred Johnson, founding member of the group the Marcels, has died. He was 80.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2022/04/03/fred-johnson-of-the-marcels-dies/

Bom ba ba bom ba bom ba bom bom ba ba bom ba ba bom ba ba dang a dang dang Ba ba ding a dong ding Blue moon moon blue moon dip di dip di dip Moo Moo Moo Blue moon dip di dip di dip Moo Moo Moo Blue moon dip di dip di dip RIP Fred.

On 18/07/2012 at 23:24, Phantom said:

Update from Bobby Rydell's facebook page

"I recently underwent a double organ transplant (kidney & liver) after a long battle. My life donor saved many lives, myself being just one. I am alive today because of the value one grieving family placed on life. My hearts go out to them. My doctors tell me I am doing extraordinarily well and I expect to have a full recovery. I hope to be back on stage as soon as the Doctors say I can, you all know me…that’s my home.

Many of you have said prayers and sent messages of support over this difficult time for us and I thank you from the bottom of my heart, it meant everything to me.

Bobby Rydell"

Bobby Rydell being reported dead: 

Bye Bye Birdie Bobby (btw, what a fucking amazing dance routine in that film)...RIP.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Lafayette Parish crooner Marc Broussard has been admitted to a hospital in Connecticut for heart issues/tests.  He had to cancel a couple tour dates for the time being.  
(Info fae Broussard’s FB page, I’ll no provide a link)

SC

Con (Conleth) Cluskey of the chart topping Irish band The Bachelors being reported dead by Jess Conrad: 

Other sources indicate he died on Friday 8th April.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Con (Conleth) Cluskey of the chart topping Irish band The Bachelors being reported dead by Jess Conrad: 

Other sources indicate he died on Friday 8th April.

Most of Conrad's timeline is RIP's to former friends and colleagues. It's a great resource.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, time said:

Most of Conrad's timeline is RIP's to former friends and colleagues. It's a great resource.

Yeah unlikely it will be one for Jess 'imself, a former Theme Team pick for me. :D

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Yeah unlikely it will be one for Jess 'imself, a former Theme Team pick for me. :D

If he knew it was coming, he could schedule the tweet. ;)

Although Charles Daniels had no idea he was about to snuff it (from a stroke while raging at people on the internet) so hours after it was announced he'd died, his scheduled tweet, of him playing iirc ELO's "I'm Alive", was posted to the world. 

• Like 1

Seems to be a bit of confusion in the last few days as to Con Cluskey's real age. He was initially reported to be 80 (Nov 1941) then 81 (Nov 1940) and now 86 (Nov 1935).

The last one is in fact correct. He lived in Elland and here's his residency record from Ancestry:

Name: Conleth J Cluskey
Birth Date: 1933-1935
Residence Date: 2008-2010
Address: The Barn, New Hall, Whitwell Green Lane, HX5 9PH
Residence Place: Elland, West Yorkshire, England

The residency records suggest that the traditionally used birthdate of this brother is also wrong. Possible that the record company shaved a few years off for image purposes? Probably.