maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

2 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

It's only fair to pop Darius in here too, since he was an actual Popstar as well as a sort of pop star. I'm afraid I don't remember anything he sang, though.

I think so. 

Only fair that my posting of the death of another famous Scot should lead me to semi-retirement. (Note: if Sir Cunto replies to this my wish is he be perma-banned :lol:). 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

It's only fair to pop Darius in here too, since he was an actual Popstar as well as a sort of pop star. I'm afraid I don't remember anything he sang, though.

Decent west end career after pop idol to be fair. Should probably be remembered more for that. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

At least he got to copulate with Natasha Henstridge before his time was up.

That's really sad, I liked Darius.  Not that I followed his later career, not being fond of musicals.

Apparently the apartment he died in was a rental located a short distance away from the Mayo Clinic, suggesting some underlying health issue?

7 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Apparently the apartment he died in was a rental located a short distance away from the Mayo Clinic, suggesting some underlying health issue?

:sherlock:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I can’t think of many other good reasons for a British celebrity to be living in a small Midwestern city in the middle of summer.

19 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

At least he got to copulate with Natasha Henstridge before his time was up.

Naturally I googled NH to see what I was missing never having heard of here. Nice.

I then discovered this article about her sexual assault by Brett Ratner. Whilst this obviously isn't nice there is a hard not to laugh quote.

So to give the background  'Fighting back tears, Henstridge opened up about the night she said she was forced to perform oral sex on Ratner in his New York apartment after watching a movie'

But then she goes on to comment about the time that followed.

'Henstridge said that out of shame, she didn’t tell anyone about the incident for years.

“I shoved it away very quickly and moved past it. It reared it’s head when I had to run into him and see him,”'

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

It's also a non-profit, those with a wad of sizeable proportions might go elsewhere. 

On 30/11/2009 at 21:42, DevonDeathTrip said:

Continuing the dead royals theme, Princess Ferial of Egypt, is no more.

Continuing, but slightly deviating from the horse/s in song titles theme, Eric Boswell, who wrote popular Christmas carol 'Little Donkey', has died. Also, rather oddly as I only mentioned her in passing on DL 48hours ago, American singer Q Lazzarus, responsible for the glorious 80s gem

(which appeared on The Silence Of The Lambs soundtrack), died on Nov 26th according to her Wiki page, not that I can find any other confirmation of this sad news. She wouldn't have been very old.

Q Lazzarus reportedly died (for real this time) a few weeks ago.

https://www.stereogum.com/2196708/goodbye-horses-singer-q-lazzarus-has-reportedly-died

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Scottish singer Rico Capuano, who performed with Gary Numan on their July 2003 #13 hit Crazier, being reported as having died by Numan himself: 

• Like 8

I usually get back from the prog day at A New Day amazed at the robust health of ageing legends. That's the case for most of the people seen yesterday but Chris Farlowe (81) wasn't in great shape, hunched over, not entirely sure why Colosseum (who noodled instrumentally for most of their set) need a "name" vocalist but Farlow sat out two numbers in a lawn chair on stage looking for all the world like a pensioner idly glancing at the telly. 

300422746_10158275497775981_811172361612

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Singer and actress Helen Grayco (wikidead at 97.

A unique DDP pick.

Great singer, may she rest in peace.

4 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Singer and actress Helen Grayco (wikidead at 97.

A unique DDP pick.

Was also the widow of Spike Jones.

She outlived him by 57 years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Drewsky1211 said:

Was also the widow of Spike Jones.

She outlived him by 57 years.

Bit younger than old Spike, mind - he'd have been 111 in December

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6rjWA8oCDomggfb7hGN7

9 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

I usually get back from the prog day at A New Day amazed at the robust health of ageing legends. That's the case for most of the people seen yesterday but Chris Farlowe (81) wasn't in great shape, hunched over, not entirely sure why Colosseum (who noodled instrumentally for most of their set) need a "name" vocalist but Farlow sat out two numbers in a lawn chair on stage looking for all the world like a pensioner idly glancing at the telly. 

I remember reading rumours that Farlowe has spina bifida, but never found anything concrete. I'm surprised he's out touring still, he's looked buggered for years. 

2 hours ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

I remember reading rumours that Farlowe has spina bifida, but never found anything concrete. I'm surprised he's out touring still, he's looked buggered for years. 

He's hunched over like he has scoliosis but I think the bulk of the damage was done about four years back when he was flattened by a London taxi and broke loads of bones including a shoulder. He throws his arms forwards rather than upwards on stage - clearly not in that good shape.

28 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

No idea where this has come from but rumours that Jerry Allison of The Crickets has died: 

If true I believe that this also means that the entire original lineup of the Crickets is gone.

• Like 1

Confirmed on FB by the Buddy Holly Educational Foundation.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2