maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

49 minutes ago, Vinegar Tits said:

Can't see anything news-wise but David Hepworth has said on Twitter that Chris Farlowe has died.

EDIT after checking this year's DDP team: Oh FFS, I had him in my team the other year too as well... :rant:

Saw Farlowe last year at A New Day and reported on the form studying, tbh he didn't look or sound great and actually sat down in a chair onstage when the instumental passages kicked in. Only David Hepworth appears to be reporting it atm, but he's not exactly a senationalist or known for getting things badly wrong. Presumably he has some inside track on this.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Saw Farlowe last year at A New Day and reported on the form studying, tbh he didn't look or sound great and actually sat down in a chair onstage when the instumental passages kicked in. Only David Hepworth appears to be reporting it atm, but he's not exactly a senationalist or known for getting things badly wrong. Presumably he has some inside track on this.

Apparently its not correct . Retractions in Facebook

• Like 1

David Hepworth's deleted his tweet too. I had him down as a v reliable source rather than it being just Twitter tittle tattle, which I why I posted it here. 

30 minutes ago, Vinegar Tits said:

David Hepworth's deleted his tweet too. I had him down as a v reliable source rather than it being just Twitter tittle tattle, which I why I posted it here. 

Without apologies either, but his name is all over it. I'd have more respect if he said "Sorry" and apologised to Farlowe and his family for upset. Just deleting it is cowardly.

Dare I say it out loud, but Hepworth's tweet seems to have followed one from everybody's favourite deadpooler David Quantick...:lol:

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Dare I say it out loud, but Hepworth's tweet seems to have followed one from everybody's favourite deadpooler David Quantick...:lol:

So Hepworth should've checked with the relevant people before posting blithely. Poor journalism.

• Like 1

Farlowe can you go?

• Like 1

Vivian Trimble, keyboardist and vocalist from the ’90s rock band Luscious Jackson, died on Tuesday (April 4). Her bandmates confirmed the news in a statement, saying she died of a complication after years of treatment for cancer. She was 59.

https://www.facebook.com/LusciousJackson/posts/pfbid0278LiXxwd361fZPDzyxrgMZBm7pMmG55hryQepSyUieibvN82DQsUa1gm2EcF8hsl

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

S Club 7’s Paul Cattermole has died aged 46.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 5

S Club 7 Paul Cattermole dead at 46.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Despite his well-documented "issues", not a DDP pick this year (last picked 2019 I think?)

Wow that is a shock.They were just about to go on tour.Apart from looking a fair bit older than the other members he seemed on good form in recent interviews.

Seemed fine in these pics that were apparently taken 2 days ago. Unnatural death?

Does not look like someone about to top himself, but then again they say many do it after getting an uplift in their mood after a long period of depression.....Either that or a heart attack by the sounds of it.

26 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

S club 6 now?

I think it goes S Club 7, then S Club, then S Club3.

2 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Being reported as no suspicious circumstances.. 

A suicide would not be treated as "suspicious".

Holy shit. I was going to see them in October...

I knew Paul had issues but figured he would get healthier by October for the tour.

This song hits different now:

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Arsewipe said:

Does not look like someone about to top himself, but then again they say many do it after getting an uplift in their mood after a long period of depression.....Either that or a heart attack by the sounds of it.

Keith Flint never looked like he was doing anything but living his best life.

Could be a drug and or alcohol overdose or a heart attack.

If he was working to get himself fit for the tour etc then his body could have just had a shock to the system because not used to doing a lot of exercise and had a heart attack.