maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

Frontman for 80s hair metallers Poison, best known for lighters-in-the-air power ballad "Every Rose Has Its Thorn". Michaels himself also known to the hip young kids of today for his "Rock of Love" reality TV dating show, in which he sleeps with strippers and that's it.

Ahhhh. So its only you who's heard of him. I'm a Deep Purple sort of guy. Any news on ian gillan?

I've heard of him, in fact quite ridiculously I used to be a fan. Didn't he fuck Pamela Anderson and film it before Tommy Lee did?

I've looked him up since Friday night, apparently he did.

I'm not sure why I posted what I did, slightly pissed I suspect.

Still, I was never a Poison fan, 1987 was around my UB40 phase.

• Like 1

Frontman for 80s hair metallers Poison, best known for lighters-in-the-air power ballad "Every Rose Has Its Thorn". Michaels himself also known to the hip young kids of today for his "Rock of Love" reality TV dating show, in which he sleeps with strippers and that's it.

Ahhhh. So its only you who's heard of him. I'm a Deep Purple sort of guy. Any news on ian gillan?

I've heard of him, in fact quite ridiculously I used to be a fan. Didn't he fuck Pamela Anderson and film it before Tommy Lee did?

I've looked him up since Friday night, apparently he did.

I'm not sure why I posted what I did, slightly pissed I suspect.

Still, I was never a Poison fan, 1987 was around my UB40 phase.

I suppose I could have looked it up myself, but I was scared of what I might find.

I didn't go metal (as if Poison were metal!) until about 1990 - I was 14 in 87 and into The Cure, Depeche Mode, Siouxsie, Bauhaus etc etc - I suppose what might be called 'emo' now. Stupid name. Not as good as 'goth'. :rolleyes:

the ultimate song of theirs (to me) is this, takes me back to the summer of 1987, it was a staple on the turntables of rock DJ's back then, we were young and thought we knew everything, happy days :) .

Best thing Poison ever did, I agree. The 'Look What The Cat Dragged In' album is a great slice of fun, pop metal.

I've seen Poison live (Donington 1990) and quite a lot of people I've seen live have died recently... :rolleyes:

:/ that'd suck if Bret Michaels dies this year, I took him off my list.

Another claim to fame for Bret Michaels was

which occurred just last year at the Tony Awards. It gave him a fair old clout, resulting in a fractured nose and a cut lip.

Just found the infamous Troggs' Tapes online.

Awesome, and worth a few minutes of your time.

Bret Michaels, in addition to last month's brain haemorrhage, has had a stroke and a hole discovered in his heart.

He's not dead yet, dude.

Bret Michaels, in addition to last month's brain haemorrhage, has had a stroke and a hole discovered in his heart.

He's not dead yet, dude.

Anyway, I thought "Hole Hearted" was a 1991 hit for Extreme, not Poison...

He's not dead yet, dude.

Anyway, I thought "Hole Hearted" was a 1991 hit for Extreme, not Poison...

I saw them live at the Hammersmith Odeon - 1991, 92 ish, can't remember as I'm extremely drunk - but anyway, Nuno the guitarist told me to shut up. They were trying to shoot a video and I screamed like a girl.

Edit - I actually posted this last night, but there must have been a technical hitch as the time says I posted it just now! And I'm obviously NOT extremely drunk at 1045 on a Sunday morning, that would just be ridiculous......

Slipknot bassist Paul Gray (aka "#2" or "The Pig") found dead in his hotel room aged 38. Fashioning a deathmask may prove difficult.

Steve New, the guitarist who formed The Rich Kids in 1978 with post Pistols Glen Matlock and pre Ultravox Midge Ure, has died of cancer.

Steve New, the guitarist who formed The Rich Kids in 1978 with post Pistols Glen Matlock and pre Ultravox Midge Ure, has died of cancer.

He was a unique pick for me on the DDP, which means he probably won't get a UK obit. I don't seem to be having much luck this year.

A UK obit for Steve New :birthday2: I thought he might get one in The Guardian or Independent, but it's actually The Daily Telegraph who have come up with the goods. That's brightened up my day.

A UK obit for Steve New :birthday2: I thought he might get one in The Guardian or Independent, but it's actually The Daily Telegraph who have come up with the goods. That's brightened up my day.

And there's one directly under it for Rosa Rio so she can come off the List Of The Lost too!

And there's one directly under it for Rosa Rio so she can come off the List Of The Lost too!

Hmmmm...that's 2 more deaths to add the round up for May. I think I might split the email into 2 then...

I understand Marvin Isley, bass player with the Isley Brothers and Isley-Jasper-Isley, will be slapping and popping no more.

Pyle has a constitution of iron to have survived so long. I still like the story that this hairy monster (Pyle) crawled from the plane wreck and sought help, only to encounter rednecks who opened fire at first sight of him.