maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

John Oswald, aka Jani Lane, lead singer of glam/hair metal band Warrant (they did that annoying "Cherry Pie" song years ago) has been found dead in a hotel room:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=161881

He had a history of drug and alcohol problems.

Actually, one thingI find even more annoying than that song is prudishness. According to Wikipedia, "Canadian cable-TV music network, MuchMusic refused to air the "Cherry Pie" video on the grounds that it was "offensively sexist"." :closedeyes:

Apparently, Jani Lane was later married for a while to the daft useless bimbo model who appeared in the film clip.

• Like 1

John Oswald, aka Jani Lane, lead singer of glam/hair metal band Warrant (they did that annoying "Cherry Pie" song years ago) has been found dead in a hotel room:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=161881

He had a history of drug and alcohol problems.

Actually, one thingI find even more annoying than that song is prudishness. According to Wikipedia, "Canadian cable-TV music network, MuchMusic refused to air the "Cherry Pie" video on the grounds that it was "offensively sexist"." :closedeyes:

Apparently, Jani Lane was later married for a while to the daft useless bimbo model who appeared in the film clip.

Really? but I'm from Canada, & I've seen that video many times on Much Music. :/

Enough of that nonsense! Y&T bassist Phil Kennemore, 57, is no more.

Oh, and we might like to keep Stratovarius drummer Jorg Michael :P, Beastie Boys rapper Adam Yauch* and Todd Rundgren’s Utopia keyboardist Mark "Moogy" Klingman on our radar from the looks of it!

* I believe he may be already mentioned elsewhere.

I kept Moogy Klingman on my radar and it just bleeped. Todd Rungdren reformed Utopia earlier this year to play some benefit gigs for Klingman, who is suffering from cancer. Not many sites specify what sort of cancer he's got, but a bit of googling found this article from 2010, which confirms Klingman has bladder cancer, which has now spread throughout his body :skull: . Not entirely sure of his UK obit chances though? :smiley_f:

French electro producer DJ Mehdi has died in a fall. A minute's silence will be held by Eurotrash backpackers living in London Fields later today.

R&B singer Vesta Williams OD-d

Guess she blew a

Victim of career decline?

Everyone knows this one? I beg to differ, I've never heard of it.

on the other hand is what I expected to see when I clicked on your link.

Guess she blew a

I don't know either of them. I am, however, familiar with

. Original, and best.

Guess she blew a

I don't know either of them. I am, however, familiar with

. Original, and best.

Agreed, cheers Time :lol:

Maverick German musician Conrad Schnitzler has died aged 74...

Guest guest_littlefrank

Thats a strange one, not only was it reported on this very thread but you commented on it yourself.. Something along the lines of "dont knock it, nice bit of ambient" or words to that effect

Thats a strange one, not only was it reported on this very thread but you commented on it yourself.. Something along the lines of "dont knock it, nice bit of ambient" or words to that effect

Blimey you're right! Independent are always bloody late with their obits. Throws me right off. Who next, Gandhi?

Blimey you're right! Independent are always bloody late with their obits. Throws me right off. Who next, Gandhi?

King Ur-Nina of Lagash perhaps?

regards,

Hein

Singer-Songwriter Sylvia Robinson, who was known for her 1973 song "Pillow Talk", has died aged 75 of heart failure.

Singer-Songwriter Sylvia Robinson, who was known for her 1973 song "Pillow Talk", has died aged 75 of heart failure.

She was also, perhaps more germane to her place in pop cultural history, one of the founders of Sugar Hill Records and the person who signed both the Sugarhill Gang and Grandmaster Flash.

She was also, perhaps more germane to her place in pop cultural history, one of the founders of Sugar Hill Records and the person who signed both the Sugarhill Gang and Grandmaster Flash.

Erase all doubt from your mind, for tonight, you will know love. Let me tell you how I am going to lay it down.

This afternoon, while you are on lunch break, I will have a handpicked team of florists cover your desk at work with a mixture of sensuous-smelling rose petals. They will also leave a note reading, "Girl, you are most fine. I will pick you up at 8." This will show you and your coworkers that Smoove is the man for you, as well as give you a glimpse into the personal attention I will lavish on you later that evening.

I will also instruct the delivery person to wait and clean the flowers off your desk when you are done looking at them, so that you can continue with your work day.

At precisely 8 o'clock, I will arrive in a pearl-white car to pick you up and transport us to dinner at the city's finest European restaurant. I will tell the driver to take the most romantic, scenic route possible to the restaurant. On the way, I will have a sterling-silver thermos filled with hot chocolate from the Swiss chocolate region. If it is too hot for you, I will blow on it until it is the correct temperature.

When you have finished the cocoa, I will take the empty cup away from you and pack up the thermos. I will then nuzzle your neck and whisper complimentary remarks into your ear, including, "You are more beautiful than a thousand lakes," "You are extremely special to me," and "Your bone structure belongs in a museum." This will make you wet.

Damn, girl. I want to get freaky with you right now on my desk. I want to ride you like a bronco.

When we arrive at the expensive European restaurant, the owner will greet me warmly and comment positively on your attire. He will then personally lead us to a private table I have specially selected for our evening together. As we browse the menu, I will inform you that if multiple appetizers are your wish, I can make that wish come true.

When the appetizers arrive, I will feed them to you with my hands, which I will have hand-washed with special anti-bacterial soap to ensure their cleanliness. You will then eat an entree of your choice and a dessert. While we eat these various foods, we will discuss your fineness and also your hopes and dreams for the future. This will make you feel closer to me and, as a result, make you want to sex me wild.

After the meal, we will forgo transportation and walk the five blocks back to my apartment, because the night will be so fragrant and beautiful. I will hold your hand and stroke your wrist lightly with my thumb. As we approach my apartment, I will pull you close, and it will feel right. It will feel like we are two interlocking pieces of a sexy panther jigsaw puzzle.

If the moon is full, I will point it out to you.

When we reach my penthouse, I will remove your shoes and kiss you passionately for five to ten minutes. Just when you think you are going crazy with desire, I will lead you to my large, circular bathtub. There, I will strip you down and place your naked body gently into the perfectly warm water. Then, I will wash you with a towel of my choosing. Make no mistake, it will be the perfect towel for your beautiful body, fitting your every luscious contour. If the scented perfumes I have placed in your bath water are not to your liking, I will drain the tub and we will start over. But they will not be incorrect, so we will not have to. I know you, girl.

After I have dried and moisturized you, I will comb your hair. If, while combing your hair, you would like me to comb either faster or harder, please say so. While I am doing this combing, you will think you will know love, but Smoove is ready to take you to the next level.

This is when Smoove will lead you to his canopy bed. Sylvia Robinson's 'Pillow Talk' will be playing on my bedroom stereo, creating the perfect mood for us to freak all night. And freak all night is what we shall do. Between freakings, we will laugh and tell stories, and I will rub your neck and back. Then we will freak again. This will go on until the break of dawn.

Damn.

When you wake up, I will make you French toast. If French toast is not what you desire, I will find another nationality of toast that suits you. I will not rest until I find this perfect nationality of toast, even if I have to swim all the way to Austria for it. After I find and make the toast, and you eat it, we will freak once more.

This is how the evening will go. This is how you will know love.

^ "The Message" in complex vocabulary? Or is it "Rapper's Delight"...

Edit: oh it's just some Onion article. Not sure how that was relevant but I'm sure you'll let me know.

Erase all doubt from your mind, for tonight, you will know love. Let me tell you how I am going to lay it down.

This afternoon, while you are on lunch break, I will have a handpicked team of florists cover your desk at work with a mixture of sensuous-smelling rose petals. They will also leave a note reading, "Girl, you are most fine. I will pick you up at 8." This will show you and your coworkers that Smoove is the man for you, as well as give you a glimpse into the personal attention I will lavish on you later that evening.

I will also instruct the delivery person to wait and clean the flowers off your desk when you are done looking at them, so that you can continue with your work day.

At precisely 8 o'clock, I will arrive in a pearl-white car to pick you up and transport us to dinner at the city's finest European restaurant. I will tell the driver to take the most romantic, scenic route possible to the restaurant. On the way, I will have a sterling-silver thermos filled with hot chocolate from the Swiss chocolate region. If it is too hot for you, I will blow on it until it is the correct temperature.

When you have finished the cocoa, I will take the empty cup away from you and pack up the thermos. I will then nuzzle your neck and whisper complimentary remarks into your ear, including, "You are more beautiful than a thousand lakes," "You are extremely special to me," and "Your bone structure belongs in a museum." This will make you wet.

Damn, girl. I want to get freaky with you right now on my desk. I want to ride you like a bronco.

When we arrive at the expensive European restaurant, the owner will greet me warmly and comment positively on your attire. He will then personally lead us to a private table I have specially selected for our evening together. As we browse the menu, I will inform you that if multiple appetizers are your wish, I can make that wish come true.

When the appetizers arrive, I will feed them to you with my hands, which I will have hand-washed with special anti-bacterial soap to ensure their cleanliness. You will then eat an entree of your choice and a dessert. While we eat these various foods, we will discuss your fineness and also your hopes and dreams for the future. This will make you feel closer to me and, as a result, make you want to sex me wild.

After the meal, we will forgo transportation and walk the five blocks back to my apartment, because the night will be so fragrant and beautiful. I will hold your hand and stroke your wrist lightly with my thumb. As we approach my apartment, I will pull you close, and it will feel right. It will feel like we are two interlocking pieces of a sexy panther jigsaw puzzle.

If the moon is full, I will point it out to you.

When we reach my penthouse, I will remove your shoes and kiss you passionately for five to ten minutes. Just when you think you are going crazy with desire, I will lead you to my large, circular bathtub. There, I will strip you down and place your naked body gently into the perfectly warm water. Then, I will wash you with a towel of my choosing. Make no mistake, it will be the perfect towel for your beautiful body, fitting your every luscious contour. If the scented perfumes I have placed in your bath water are not to your liking, I will drain the tub and we will start over. But they will not be incorrect, so we will not have to. I know you, girl.

After I have dried and moisturized you, I will comb your hair. If, while combing your hair, you would like me to comb either faster or harder, please say so. While I am doing this combing, you will think you will know love, but Smoove is ready to take you to the next level.

This is when Smoove will lead you to his canopy bed. Sylvia Robinson's 'Pillow Talk' will be playing on my bedroom stereo, creating the perfect mood for us to freak all night. And freak all night is what we shall do. Between freakings, we will laugh and tell stories, and I will rub your neck and back. Then we will freak again. This will go on until the break of dawn.

Damn.

When you wake up, I will make you French toast. If French toast is not what you desire, I will find another nationality of toast that suits you. I will not rest until I find this perfect nationality of toast, even if I have to swim all the way to Austria for it. After I find and make the toast, and you eat it, we will freak once more.

This is how the evening will go. This is how you will know love.

Thanks for this. Several bits made me laugh out loud. :referee:

I am also irresistibly reminded of this. I wonder if by any chance they are related. 10.gif

Ahhhh those were the days .... sadly this is probably more my style now :referee:

Ahhhh those were the days .... sadly this is probably more my style now :unsure:

And what exactly is in any way sad about that record! :referee: quality pop at it's joyfull best. Ah happy days when life was simple and there were many types of music not just pap put out by the big multinationals.

Best regards

Mike

Jsut off to crawl back under my rock

And what exactly is in any way sad about that record!

Nothing at all sad about the record! just that there is rather more of me now than there was back in my disco days

1.gif

• Like 1