maryportfuncity

Dead Pop Stars

Andy Johns, producer of many a great album, including probably my favourite of all time, has died aged 61...

Tom Lehrer (satirical singer and likely to appeal to some hereabouts), was celebrated on Radio Four this morning on the occasion of his 85th birthday. Recently interviewed and he sounded in fine form. Thought I'd share it with the group anyway.

I love Tom Lehrer, hope he'll be around for a while. I reckon he would fit in well here too, according to the imdb he has been been erroneously reported as being dead so many times that he keeps a scrapbook of articles mentioning him as "the late Tom Lehrer

Deftones bassist Chi Cheng has died aged 42. Seems a bit of a bummer to spend four years in a coma, finally exit it and then die the following year, but there you go.

Cult powerpop bands Game Theory/Loud Family frontman/songwriter Scott Miller, 53.

Edit - bassist for 60s Texan psych-rockers The Bubble Puppy, Roy Cox, died a couple of weeks back. Doubt it was mentioned here, but I'm too lazy to check, too lazy to stick it in the Piper thread and actually just too damn lazy to provide a link. You'll just have to take my word.

:( the lead singer of the Divinyls died from Breast Cancer.

Guest Guest

Big one! Woodstock Legend Richie Havens died!

From opening Woodstock to opening a wooden box :(

By the way. Is there a Woodstock topic? If not, should't we open one?

Had the same thought myself earlier. There's quite a nice (albeit outdated) site re the performers here (http://thewvsr.com/t...ck-death-count/). However, there's a huge part of me that doesn't want personal favourites such as Joan Baez and Grace Slick to die any time soon. Also, I'm sure most of the Woodstock crowd are catered for by the Old Folkies, Dead Pop Stars, etc threads.

Why? Who would need to be in a Woodstock thread who isn't catered for by Dead Pop Stars, Old Folkies Home, the blues thread, the country thread etc. There's more than enough doubling up on here as it is.

• Like 1

Had the same thought myself earlier. There's quite a nice (albeit outdated) site re the performers http://thewvsr.com/t...ck-death-count/here. However, there's a huge part of me that doesn't want personal favourites such as Joan Baez and Grace Slick to die any time soon.

I don't think anyone really wants them to die, but it's just a way of keeping updated on their health.

She should have touched herself more often.

Turns out is was a mix of BC & MS

She should have touched herself more often.

Turns out is was a mix of BC & MS

So...her tumour-ridden tits started randomly and stopped listening to her brain, or summat?

Nasty, very nasty!

Jesus, is this for real?!

:(

Oh dear.

George was a great singer too, no excuses needed for posting one of his finest.

Which brings me to recently-deceased MFSB/Salsoul sessionman legend Vincent Montana Jr. Who played on seemingly about half the great soul/disco records ever made, including this, which was no doubt burnt at the stake in Comiskey Park in 1979. Deluded fools.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjqA0BvsWGA

Yes, I know no-one gives a fig except me and possibly Dave to the Grave, but that's the beauty of forums, innit.

Well, if you do want to create a thread on it, there's an obvious title

Your idea, for a title, I'll let you make it. ;) I'll just add obits to it. :D

Lauryn Hill: Fugees Star Jailed For Unpaid Tax

The hip hop artist tells a court she always intended to pay the taxes but was briefly unable to after leaving music.

http://news.sky.com/...-for-unpaid-tax

Apparently she's compared her situation to that of slavery.

I think that's a new one even the Tax Payers Alliance haven't thought of yet!

DJ Peter Rauhofer, whose name I only know because I have one of his mixes on my iPod, has a brain tumor, which has "been undiagnosed for quite some time."

Dead. Didn't realise he was the guy who did the club mix of Cher's "Believe" that we all enjoyed so much at the turn of the millennium.