Godot

Munchkins/midgets/dwarves/oompa-Loompas/pygmies/shortarses

Guest Guest

should we start a 'flying moinkeys' thread since all the munchkins will be dead soon? :huh:

should we start a 'flying moinkeys' thread since all the munchkins will be dead soon? :huh:

We?

• Like 1

Was about to post Munchkins all over The Sun this morning but Mr.Bearer beat me to it,i could never work out what they were??? midgets,kids,dwarves or leprachauns????

Anybody know how many Oompah Loompah's are left?

Here's what I can tell from IMDb

Certainly Alive

Malcolm Dixon

Rusty Goffe

Albert Wilkinson

Possibly Alive (IMDb has no date of death, but no sign of recent activity)

Rudy Borgstaller

Ismed Hassan

Norman McGlen

Pepe Poupee

Dead

George Claydon (died 1993)

Angelo Muscat (died 1997)

Marcus Powell (died 2000)

• Like 1

Anybody know how many Oompah Loompah's are left?

There were 10 altogether.

Deceased

Angelo Muscat (1930-1977)

George Claydon (1932-1993)

Marcus Powell (1932-2000)

Living

Malcolm Dixon (b. ?), still acting, attends reunions

Rusty Goffe (b. 1948), still acting, attends reunions

Albert Wilkinson (b. 1938), still acting in panto

No Info

Ismed Hassan (b. ?), hasn't appeared in anything since the 70s, looked old(ish) back then!

Norman McGlen (b. ?), ditto - hasn't appeared in anything since the 70s

Pepe Poupee (b. ca. 1950), presumably alive

Rudy Borgstaller (b. ?), no info - Willy Wonka seems to have been his only role

• Like 1

Pepe Poupee

I took a brief moment to contemplate that name. I am now appreciating the decency of my parents to have named me anything else but that. I think you guys should as well.

• Like 4

Rusty Goffe was in the CBBC show Stupid! as the Gremlin Goober who works for King Stupid played by Marcus Brigstock.

Who had the bright idea of giving Marcus Brigstock a kids TV show?

Who had the bright idea of giving Marcus Brigstock a TV show?

Fixed

• Like 1

And to answer your question, most comedians would rather have a kids' TV show than an adults one these days when it comes to BBC contracts as the pay is the same and there's a lot less interference from networks. Which is why "Horrible Histories" is utterly amazing and every single BBC3 show ever has been terrible.

• Like 2

And to answer your question, most comedians would rather have a kids' TV show than an adults one these days when it comes to BBC contracts as the pay is the same and there's a lot less interference from networks. Which is why "Horrible Histories" is utterly amazing and every single BBC3 show ever has been terrible.

I've come up with an experimental idea in which the same sitcom script is made in two different methods - one the "traditional" multi-camera, studio-based way, with mannered live performances and one in "filmed" single-camera way, with naturalistic performances. Of course it doesn't matter how its made as long as the script is funny of course, but it would be interesting to see which one comes out better...

Fixed

Absolutely. Marcus Brigstocke is about as funny as having both your grandparents suffer strokes at the Christmas dinner table, in front of the kids.

There are a whole host of comedians who appear on TV regularly at the moment who are pretty shit -

Micky Flanagan

Greg Davies

Andi Osho

Zoe Lyons

Jack Whitehall

Chris Addisson

Seann Walsh

Russel Kane

Patrick Keilty

Holly Walsh

Sarah Millicn

to name a few

• Like 2

Fixed

Absolutely. Marcus Brigstocke is about as funny as having both your grandparents suffer strokes at the Christmas dinner table, in front of the kids.

He's not that funny. Shouldn't this and other recent posts be in the shit comedians thread? Oh, there isn't one. Is there a thread for Radio Four? That has more than its fair share of unfunny comedy shows these days while I'm sorry I haven't a Clue stands head, shoulders and knees above the rest. Miranda Hart isn't a munchkin either, so she'll have to wait her turn too.

Fixed

He's not that funny. Shouldn't this and other recent posts be in the shit comedians thread? Oh, there isn't one. Is there a thread for Radio Four? That has more than its fair share of unfunny comedy shows these days while I'm sorry I haven't a Clue stands head, shoulders and knees above the rest. Miranda Hart isn't a munchkin either, so she'll have to wait her turn too.

Well it is kind of on topic because he's a comedy midget.

There are a whole host of comedians who appear on TV regularly at the moment who are pretty shit -

Micky Flanagan

Greg Davies

Andi Osho

Zoe Lyons

Jack Whitehall

Chris Addisson

Seann Walsh

Russel Kane

Patrick Keilty

Holly Walsh

Sarah Millicn

to name a few

Comedy is subjective. Some of those are (in my opinion) pretty shit, but others I find funny (others I've never even heard of). In the interests of balance, can you list a few (lets say 11) comedians who you think are funny?

Fixed

I actually find MB very funny and Stupid and its stable mate 1'm Sorry I've Got No Head were both very funny but the first is that he would not be a safe person to present to kids.

Guest Johnny Biggs

Verne Troyer who played Mini Me in Austin Powers is a party animal known for drunk behaivor at all the Hollywood hotspots. It is possible he dies before the remaining wizard of oz midgets do.