Godot

Munchkins/midgets/dwarves/oompa-Loompas/pygmies/shortarses

On 02/03/2020 at 20:27, Perhaps said:

A close source of mine told me that Warwick Davis was admitted to hospital after suffering a stroke. He’s been in hospital for a couple of days now.

Watching some of the new episodes taped second half of 2020 and imo this is correct. He's certainly got the post-stroke look and sound to him like Andrew Marr when he returned to TV.

• Like 1

On 02/03/2020 at 20:27, Perhaps said:

A close source of mine told me that Warwick Davis was admitted to hospital after suffering a stroke. He’s been in hospital for a couple of days now.

Warwick Davis not presenting Tenable on itv tonight. It’s some nobody from Corrie.

Rumours on Twitter range from poor health to simply working on another project/timetable conflicts.

On 19/04/2021 at 15:37, Ulitzer95 said:

Warwick Davis not presenting Tenable on itv tonight. It’s some nobody from Corrie.

Rumours on Twitter range from poor health to simply working on another project/timetable conflicts.

He'll be back. Shortly.

Mary Ellen St. Aubin dead at 101.

Widow of Wizard of Oz munchkin actor Parnell St. Aubin (1922–1987).

Became a regular at Oz events. Also had minor acting credits in Hollywood during the 1940s.

101 is an incredible age for a dwarf.

Unknown.jpeg.15bf8ab6330f56ab585a7f888dd688df.jpeg

• Like 5

Donny Davis, a Las Vegas entertainer and impersonator who performed with artists like Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus, has died. He was 43. Davis was said to have been partying shortly before his body was discovered. No cause of death has been released.

https://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/ny-donny-davis-impersonator-donny-davis-dead-20220223-k2l25jex7jhtxpl3j53wi7wcm4-story.html

On 10/08/2017 at 20:42, Sir Creep said:

It was a day for a big celebration in Strongsville Sunday, as a local Guiness Book of World Records holder added another candle onto her birthday cake.  Winifred Ann Kelley, who is the Guinness Book of World Records as the oldest living person in the world with dwarfism, marked her 94th birthday.  :birthday:

I take it munchkins are strictly midgets then....cuz obviously Jerry Maren is 96.

SC

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/local-news/winnie-kelly-worlds-oldest-living-little-person-turns-98-years-old

Winifred Ann Kelley is still alive at 98, by the way. Will be 99 in July. 

She's been quite frail for the last four years. Here's a video of her at 95:

3'8, 111cm

• Like 2
  • Shocked 2

13 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Report of the death of Paul Grant, actor who played an Ewok in Return Of The Jedi and a Goblin in Harry Potter & The Philosopher's Stone, aged 56: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/21777602/paul-grant-dead-star-wars-ewok-actor/

Dwarves never seem to get the really big roles

• Shocked 1

28 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Dwarves never seem to get the really big roles

As a pun I'm with you. 

As a statement of fact I'd think Peter Dinklage might have grounds to disagree. But him aside...yeah.

The man responsible for one of the all-time vibiest "my spiral into drug hell" tabloid pics:

NO-REUSE-Paul-Grant.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

Why was she uncredited?

Don’t believe that nonsense.  Maren was the last.  

• Facepalm 1

Well Maren was the last of the adult actors with dwarfism, but there are still 3 child actors alive apparently, all in their 90s

On 01/08/2023 at 21:33, Sir Creep said:

Don’t believe that nonsense.  Maren was the last.  

If you don't believe the child actors, Caren Marsh Doll technically appeared in the movie as Dorothy's stunt double.

• Like 1