Godot

Munchkins/midgets/dwarves/oompa-Loompas/pygmies/shortarses

not a chance, he was charging $30 for a signed photo

Who does he think he is? Meinhardt Raabe?

• Like 1

I think Meinhardt charges $35 for a photo as he delivered more lines ;)

you can always take your pick of them from here.

So you wanna hire a munchkin?

It occurred to me that in deathlist terms a Munchkin is much more significant than a Guantanamo Bay inmate.

Pity. Can't be long now.

http://www.tpmcafe.com/story/2006/1/24/145045/706

as i recall, william shatner only charges $25.

as of today, my autograph is selling for $2.95 (plus tax, shipping and handling)

thats an L and some s's and p's for you british types. maybe. i think so. could be.

well, just send me some money, and i'll get back to you on this one.

:unsure:

"follow that fellow mctoad"

as of today, my autograph is selling for $2.95 (plus tax, shipping and handling)

thats an L and some s's and p's for you british types. maybe. i think so. could be.

Is it more if its on a blank cheque,(check)for you colonials.?

Is it more if its on a blank cheque,(check)for you colonials.?

my daddy, the colonel*, says we jus' put on a whole mess more zero's.

i'm fixin' to start talkin' hillbilly to confuse ya'all.

*you try to spell this sumbitch sometime

An enlightening article on the Brinsworth House thread reveals Pepe Poupee, the one female Oompa Lumpa in the 1971 movie, living there alongside Fluff and Dickie O. Can't find any hard information on her via IMDB or anywhere else regarding date of birth etc.

Jerry Maren was at the Minnesota State Fair yesterday. Looked healthy, but not very happy as not many people were stopping to get his autograph. Also he seems to be taking longer breaks in between his daily appearances at the state fair.

An enlightening article on the Brinsworth House thread reveals Pepe Poupee, the one female Oompa Lumpa in the 1971 movie, living there alongside Fluff and Dickie O. Can't find any hard information on her via IMDB or anywhere else regarding date of birth etc.

Have been trying to find out more Pepe Poupee tonight. There's a nice piece here (though a bit dated now) that mentions her in Brinsworth House. I accept that isn't news to us. Still, I like this line: Those living at the house do not “sit around in a room smelling of cabbage and urine.” Nice to know.

This site suggests that there may be six surviving Oompa Lumpas. I was wondering if this means there are more Oompa Lumpas left than Munchkins? You would expect that since the Munchkins have been around much longer although there wer many more Munchkins originally. It's a little bit similar to the Titanic v WW I survivors debate over who is likely to outlive who. It has to be an Oompa Lumpa.

On Pepe it might be an idea to to work on her real name - Kathy Gearen although a quick Google search turned nothing up for me.

I can personally vouch for Oompah Loompah Rusty Goffe, not that I should really be too proud about that.

Had dealings with him when he was the bouncing weather dwarf on Live TV...

Edit to add:

It's worth keeping an eye on Rusty's web page - Wonka meet pictures are uploaded, etc.

http://freespace.virgin.net/rusty.goffe/Index.htm

Rusty Goffe, Malcolm Dixon, Albert Wilkinson and Pepe Poupee are the only surviving Oompah Loompahs. Only Rusty and Malcolm are well enough to work and travel. I spent far too much time than was healthy looking into this a couple of years ago.

Rusty Goffe, Malcolm Dixon, Albert Wilkinson and Pepe Poupee are the only surviving Oompah Loompahs. Only Rusty and Malcolm are well enough to work and travel. I spent far too much time than was healthy looking into this a couple of years ago.

It's a shame there weren't any Oompah Loompahs or Munchkins on the Titanic. It would have made one Hell of a thread.

I think we could have had a better thread if they'd been in WW1. Hell, they'd have been made for the trenches, imagine the scare the Germans would have had shooting an oncoming six foot soldier in the head only to see the top of his body fall off and his uniform still advancing! They could've snuck up through no man's land without being detected and......

Get me Michael Winner on the phone, it's the kind of high concept idea he loves!

I remember somebody telling me a story that one of the munchkins were accidentally hung durning the Wizard Of Oz filming. Any truth to this?

I remember somebody telling me a story that one of the munchkins were accidentally hung durning the Wizard Of Oz filming. Any truth to this?

Nope.

Yesterday's Toronto Star featured a photo (unfortunately, I cannot find it online) of munchkin Mickey Carroll looking relatively healthy (ie standing on his own and carrying on a conversation) at the Toronto Blue Jays spring training camp in Florida, exchanging autographs with Jays' slugger Frank Thomas. According to the caption, Carroll said his signature collection includes Ozzie Smith (once nicknamed "The Wizard of Oz"), Joe DiMaggio and Lou Gehrig. The caption also claims there are five other surviving munchkins, which may or may not be true.

Just thought I'd share that for those of you keeping score at home.

Still recovering from the shock of finding this harmless little thread closed, I noticed an Item from OoO's posting about the Munchkin star, that there is also a story about a hanging muchkin. Hadn't seen it before.

Separately I have been wondering lately, just to add to the feverish movie speculation, if there is a Munchkin connection to this.

I don't want to sound bitter but either the Munchkin thread is re-opened or this is my last post. Perhaps whoever closed the thread would like to reflect on their misguided behaviour and commit to some act of penance. My suggested punishment is that they read six of Banshees Screams' posts on the trot. You just can't get the moderators these days. Unbelievable.

I really have nothing to say here besides my total enjoyment of reading that first line. Now it has nothing to do with getting rid of Godot because he is better then most mail boxes but it revolves around on how dead serious he is on this matter. I want see Meinhardt Rabbe on this list as much as anyone else, the only question is his obituary status. I mean he had a very solid scene in the Wizard Of Oz and most ironically I think he was trying to hold up a 'Certificate Of Death' which if anything makes him a eye brow raising candidate.

O and Godot I'm honored to here that my posts are at a standard of punishment. I'm still guarding the prize of greatness from unenthusiastic and grammar soliciting regulars.

Still recovering from the shock of finding this harmless little thread closed, I noticed an Item from OoO's posting about the Munchkin star, that there is also a story about a hanging muchkin. Hadn't seen it before.

You might have if you'd look three posts up. :angry:

I feel that now might be as good a time as any for a limerick:

There once was a Munchkin from Oz

------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------!

A kinky little thing that he was

Guest Monocultured

A kinky little thing that he was

ditto

A kinky little thing that he was,

he took a winged monkey,

(BTW: Munchkins come from Munchkinland, not Oz. Although that's not to say there might not be any Munchkins in Oz, working as plumbers or in the hotel business)

A kinky little thing that he was,

he took a winged monkey,

and became a junkie

(BTW: Munchkins come from Munchkinland, not Oz. Although that's not to say there might not be any Munchkins in Oz, working as plumbers or in the hotel business)

• Like 1