Godot

Munchkins/midgets/dwarves/oompa-Loompas/pygmies/shortarses

Guest Guest

I had a theme team in DDP a few years ago called Bijou Bodettes. I think most of them are dead now, but Patty Maloney might be worth considering and I thought Barbara Windsor looked rough when she was in the Strictly Audience a few weeks ago. Jean Boht is getting on in years

is 5ft5 that short? I'm 5ft5 and I'm taller than a lot of people I work with.

Im really surprised Handy, I really thought you were something like 5ft8 to 6ft tall!!!!

Scientifically, which is probably bull shit, short people don't live as long as tall people.

The fact that Ronnie Corbett and Willie Carson are still about when Richard Keil and A.N Other have carked it disproves that.

Mind you, there still is Sir Christopher Lee...........

Uh, do you realise your userpic's broken and not working? Or do you just not care?

At least he hasn't got a picture of Ian Beale as his avatar.

I had a theme team in DDP a few years ago called Bijou Bodettes. I think most of them are dead now, but Patty Maloney might be worth considering and I thought Barbara Windsor looked rough when she was in the Strictly Audience a few weeks ago. Jean Boht is getting on in years

is 5ft5 that short? I'm 5ft5 and I'm taller than a lot of people I work with.

Im really surprised Handy, I really thought you were something like 5ft8 to 6ft tall!!!!

Scientifically, which is probably bull shit, short people don't live as long as tall people.

The fact that Ronnie Corbett and Willie Carson are still about when Richard Keil and A.N Other have carked it disproves that.

Mind you, there still is Sir Christopher Lee...........

Uh, do you realise your userpic's broken and not working? Or do you just not care?

At least he hasn't got a picture of Ian Beale as his avatar.

Its not Ian Beale.

Mickey Rooney! Oh, too late........

Was listening to Gilbert Gottfried's podcast on the way in to work and they mentioned they couldn't get Jerry Maren on as a guest because he's in no position healthwise to be interviewed. On the clock?

• Like 1

Was listening to Gilbert Gottfried's podcast on the way in to work and they mentioned they couldn't get Jerry Maren on as a guest because he's in no position healthwise to be interviewed. On the clock?

Interesting.He must at 95 1/2 be one of the oldest dwarves alive.I always thought they had a far lesser life expectancy.I think he is the last surviving cast member of the Wizard of Oz now unless I am mistaken.I know he is the last surviving munchkin but not sure about the rest of the cast.

Interesting.He must at 95 1/2 be one of the oldest dwarves alive.I always thought they had a far lesser life expectancy.I think he is the last surviving cast member of the Wizard of Oz now unless I am mistaken.I know he is the last surviving munchkin but not sure about the rest of the cast.

Because of Verne Troyer's shenanigans I looked up their life expectancies and indeed, I couldn't see that they were shorter than usual. For example, Margaret Pellegrini died at 89, Karl Slover at 93.

Meinhardt Raabe was 94

Little Olga was 89

Mickey Carroll was 89

Ruth Duccini was 95

My bad.Well I read that he has stopped making public appearances and lives in assisted living center now.He also lost his wife 4 years ago and stopped going out to conventions after that.I reckon he will get a good deal of attention when he does go.

Reportedly Chandra Dangi, world's shortest person, dead at 75. http://setopati.net/society/9035/

Wall St Journal seem to have confirmation from a hospital spokeswoman: http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2015/09/04/the-worlds-shortest-man-dies-a-photo-tribute-to-nepals-chandra-bahadur-dangi/

rip (lower case)

He only needs to be buried 3 feet under.

Jerry Maren's wiki page has been edited with his death but I haven't found any news source to confirm. *shrug*

Jerry Maren's wiki page has been edited with his death but I haven't found any news source to confirm. *shrug*

Hmm, Twitter has it. But the rumour started some hours ago. So maybe a fake.

I checked the edit history of the account that added his death, as I always do, and see the person who added his DOD also caused "death by Wiki" for John Williams, June Foray, Lizzie Velasquez, and that SeaWorld orca that killed his trainer in the past. Don't think it's legit.

• Like 2

could be becuase the page said he survived five months with terminal cancer. No 96 would surrive that long with cancer.

could be becuase the page said he survived five months with terminal cancer. No 96 would surrive that long with cancer.

Cause of death on wiki is pancreatic cancer. Not found any confirmation yet

https://twitter.com/StacyMichelleB:A woman who claims to be Maren`s niece via her twitter seems to suggest it is true!

Could be the wrong uncle though?She does refer to Steve?

Its a comics writer called Stephen Barrington. Never heard of him.

https://twitter.com/StacyMichelleB:A woman who claims to be Maren`s niece via her twitter seems to suggest it is true!

Unless "uncle Steve" is a nickname for him.

Unless "uncle Steve" is a nickname for him.

That was my first thought but on her bio it says she has an uncle Stephen Barrington (Barrington being Jerry Maren`s late wifes maiden name).Seems weird if you had one Uncle Steve that you would refer to another uncle by the same name if he had another name you could use.Also I have come across Stacy Brrington`s account before when searching info on Jerry and her bio hasn`t been edited since.