Godot

Charles Kennedy

Will Charles Kennedy's liver see out the year?

Will Charles Kennedy's liver see out the year?

Yip.

This time next year he will also still be leader of the Lib Dems.

Poor man has got a drink problem .... he hasn't had a drink for 2 months.

Could be a possibility for 2007 if he lapses.

[Merged - ff]

Edited by football_fan

Guest lived so lets die

How would you know if you have a drink problem, :D because i like drinking at night only but i don't think i have a problem. I emailed alcohol annonymous and asked them about this, and they said if i woke up in the morning and wanted a drink. Plus other things i probably do have a problem, anyhow i don't wake up in the morning and have a drink of alcohol.Plus other things but i do drink alot ,.

Guest Snorestore

I think it's a toss up whether the booze or the fags gets Kennedy first. I first came across him in 1990 and he was already addicted to both. Doubt very much if his liver and lungs can survive much longer.

I don't think Charles Kennedy will be of a concern to Death List for quite a while to

come - look how long George Best lasted

I didn't know he was an alcoholic. I thought he was just a workaholic who enjoyed a drink whilst working!.

Cross referencing comments made on Ideas and Possibilities where this ought to be posted, I think that while Mr Kennedy may be around, he will not, as Windsor believes, be leading the Lib dems next month, never mind next year.

Crossing referencing comments made on Ideas and Possibilities where this ought to be posted, I think that while Mr Kennedy may be around, he will not, as Windsor believes, be leading the Lib dems next month, never mind next year.

This should be merged I think. Apologies for starting a new thread. The search engine didn't find the other comments!!

Sorry LD, didn't want to sound like a mod. It turns you when you spend too much time here.

For the sake of Deathlist relevance, what about this scenario: in the absence of any other contender, Cyril Smith comes out of retirement and successfully challenges Charlie for the leadership, then dies from all the effort, handing points to Rude Kid on the DDP?

Incidentally, why was Cyril never made a Lord. Is it because Lords are not supposed to live in their mum's old terraced house in Lancashire?

Guest Guest
I think it's a toss up whether the booze or the fags gets Kennedy first. I first came across him in 1990 and he was already addicted to both. Doubt very much if his liver and lungs can survive much longer.

I recall a time when Charles was presenting a new Lib Dem health policy to the media. On conclusion of the presentation his words were something along the lines of 'OK guys, that's enough health - time for a fag'.

He's doing quite well if he went through Hogmanay without so much as a sip. More than I could manage.

Who is going to contest the leadership? I wonder if Simon Hughes is going to stand again. They do have 64 MPs I believe, but not many who are familiar to the general public.

Does he really drink and smoke any more than the average bloke on the street though? His job is an extremely stressful one however, but I really don't think he will be a candidate in the near future.

Does he really drink and smoke any more than the average bloke on the street though? His job is an extremely stressful one however, but I really don't think he will be a candidate in the near future.

Off topic I know, but "Vinegar Tits" and that Vera Bennett avatar... absolutely inspired!

Guest Toke Deltorso

Vinegar tits great name !. :o its could have been worse ( vinegar strokes).

Sorry LD, didn't want to sound like a mod. It turns you when you spend too much time here.

He's the number one Google result for drunken failure.

I say he deserves his own thread.

Well he's obviously got it. But I don't think the drink will kill him for a few years whereas I wouldn't give Shane MacGowan more than a year or two, three at the outside. I saw him a while back in the pub he owns (he sleeps above it and lives at the bar) and he looked terrible.

My issue with a Charlie thread was one of deathlist relevance but it's a good thread nonetheless, much rather have this than anything discussing Big Brother. Didn't mean to sound a curmudgeon.

Talking of BB, I think Kennedy will outlive Georgeous George. How will George Galloway go? That's given me an idea.

I think George Galloway will die with his boots on. I don't think many who pick a fight with the US Governmentjava script:emoticonsmilie lives to a ripe old. java script:emoticon(':o')

smilie

My issue with a Charlie thread was one of deathlist relevance but it's a good thread nonetheless, much rather have this than anything discussing Big Brother. Didn't mean to sound a curmudgeon.

Talking of BB, I think Kennedy will outlive Georgeous George. How will George Galloway go? That's given me an idea.

That's amazing, I have the same initials as this guy........

The publicity over his drinking problem has forced Charles Kennedy to resign as Liberal Democrat leader.

Embattled Kennedy quits as leader

"Mr Kennedy's resignation comes after 25 MPs delivered an ultimatum saying they would refuse to serve on the Lib Dem front bench unless he resigned by Monday. "

The publicity over his drinking problem has forced Charles Kennedy to resign as Liberal Democrat leader.

Embattled Kennedy quits as leader

I guess reality finally penetrated Kennedy's head, and even he realised that carrying on would have split his party.

His political career is all but over, I predict a future in TV, following in Portillo's shoes.

I kn ow nothing about this chap but if he is like the counterpart of Kennedy politics old bluubeer boy Teed Kennedy then he will have a long way to go before is political life is done for,