Godot

Charles Kennedy

It even made top billing on Wikipedia's front page. Well done Mr. Kennedy, well done.

It even made top billing on Wikipedia's front page. Well done Mr. Kennedy, well done.

what made top billing?

what made top billing?

Kennedy's resignation

Ted Kennedy resigned?

Ted Kennedy resigned?

Yup! Faster than a speeding bullet

The publicity over his drinking problem has forced Charles Kennedy to resign as Liberal Democrat leader.

Embattled Kennedy quits as leader

"Mr Kennedy's resignation comes after 25 MPs delivered an ultimatum saying they would refuse to serve on the Lib Dem front bench unless he resigned by Monday. "

This time next year he will also still be leader of the Lib Dems.

I think Windsor should leave political forecasting to the professionals. :electr2:

Indeed, I was hoping that this would have been overlooked.

In my opinion, he should have stayed. With the local elections approaching in March(ish) I think that the Lib Dems are going to suffer. The nice party has turned nasty. Kennedy built it up and his party got power hungry.

I think that he will be back.

(The Lib Dems have announced that Charles Kennedy will be resigning his seat in Parliament to host 'Have I got News for You'..... :electr2: )

I like Charles Kennedy, and think it's a shame that he's had to resign over this, although wonder at the logistics of running a country when you have a drink problem.

As I'm sure the Libs Dems will be storming into power immanently.

I voted for them, at any rate...

Indeed, I was hoping that this would have been overlooked.

:lol:;)

although wonder at the logistics of running a country when you have a drink problem.

Churchill did it twice.

Churchill didn't have drink problem. He just liked it.

Charles Kennedy.

Former Lib Dem leader and alcoholic/dipsomania/p*sshead, depending on your personal taste.

Given that Chatshow Charlie has been on the bottle for a few years, although he's only in is early/mid 40s, will the Grim Reaper carry him off early?

Methinks yes.

charles-kennedy.jpg

Methinks yes.

Methinks no.

As he is shortly to not be lib-dem leader, and will probably have a minor role in their shadow-cabinet the pressure will be off him. Even if he does keep drinking he could still last many years (I refer you to the recent case of George Best).

I'd imagine there's already a Charles Kennedy topic buried in the Deathlist vaults - mod's please merge.

Methinks yes.

Methinks no.

As he is shortly to not be lib-dem leader, and will probably have a minor role in their shadow-cabinet the pressure will be off him. Even if he does keep drinking he could still last many years (I refer you to the recent case of George Best).

I'm imagine there's already a Charles Kennedy topic buried in the Deathlist vaults - mod's please merge.

George Best was only 59! Hardly an example of longevity.

The problem for Charlie is that now he is out of front-line politics he can hit the bottle as much as he wants, and no-one will care.

I'd bet the other way. He strikes me as more of a fighter than he's been given credit for. Looking at the shower of shite currently dragging the party down I wouldn't be surprised if the rank and file went in search of a clean living Charlie in a couple of years - by which point their poll ratings under Simon Hughes or Ming Campbell will be through the floor - and looked to reinstate him after the kicking they'll get from the voters next time around. It's unthinkable that they'll improve on the 2005 performance at the next election so the morning after that contest the guy in charge is gonna struggle to talk up the performance and bound to face the 'you did worse than an alcoholic, how do you feel?' kind of questions. Charlie's smart enough pissed to realise this is possible and that could motivate him to get sober. He's out about his problem now and so there's no percentage in denial anymore.

Not coming to a morgue near you anytime soon.

Not coming to a morgue near you anytime soon.

Mark Oaten, on the other hand, should be on suicide watch.

Hope he pays his rent...

George Best was only 59! Hardly an example of longevity.

Charles Kennedy — Date of Birth: 25 November 1959

Age =46

George Best - Checking out age 59

59 -46 =13

13 years does not equal immediate Deathlist interest.

But Bestie had the comfort of beautiful women.

Charlie has, er, well....

kennedy-proud-parents-1.jpg

Now THERE'S a cute baby :)

This is or sale on ebay, up to £77 quid at the moment.

It's thought to be the only bottle of scotch charlie touched that he didn't drink!

Poor chap, I feel sorry for him really.

47_3.JPG

I refer the house to my post earlier.

Radio 5 Live this afternoon opened a listeners poll asking who should be the next leader, with the added twist that they'd included Charlie boy. He polled 600 odd of the 800 votes, damn near 75% on the nail.

None of the three candidates currently standing managed more than 10%

He ain't finished, he's just having a break.

I'm serious, those tossers and lightweights are knackered without him. Talent of any sort is at a premium in that party and he delivered two good elections in a row. Regardless of what the lot in London thought he went well in the country. If you line the four candidates who started this race up they're hideous to look at and pack the collective charisma of a week old dog turd.

Frankly, most of the posters on here are more entertaining and capable of presenting better ideas.

Don't mention dog turd around Mark Oaten.

His trousers are tight enough as it is, he'll be tenting a rip in the cloth if he hears phrases like that.

But I agree with you, the people who got rid of Kennedy deserve a slap - and I hear they pay for it. :lol:

post-5325-1138234727.jpg

Don't mention dog turd around Mark Oaten.

Unlikely to be a problem, he's not a regular visitor to West Cumbria. As we've established elsewhere on this forum, there's one - very low key - gay bar.

Guest iain

I think theres more chance of Mark Oaten committing suicide