Deadornot

Kennedy, Right Or Wrong?

Do you think Charles Kennedy was right to admit the drink problem?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He was brave enough to admit it and made a strong step forward.

Voted no. Anyone who wants to get involved in politics, especially with a third division team, has got to be barking. I would need to double my intake of Hendriks gin to even consider it.

Which question are you asking? If I click 'yes' does that mean I think that he was right or wrong?

Do you think what kennedy done yesterday was right?

Which question are you asking? If I click 'yes' does that mean I think that he was right or wrong?

Okay, I've changed the wording to remove any potential for confusion.

Isn't it way overdue? Paxo grilled him on this very issue three + years ago. Frankly so long as he's not drunk on the job I don't really care how much he drinks. It's not as though a Lib Dem leader is ever likely to have any real power.

He was toast either way so the question is pretty irrelevant. Politically I would say no. For his own peace of mind, however, I think he did the right thing. Today LibDem leadership, tomorrow I'm a Celebrity get Me Out of Here.

Getting pissed is a Great British tradition. Kennedy's only drink related problem is that he has two hands and only one mouth...

I think he was wrong to admit drinking on the television not because of the fact he was forced but because he now looks an even softer shite than he was before. :rip:

Getting pissed is a Great British tradition. Kennedy's only drink related problem is that he has two hands and only one mouth...

I think he was wrong to admit drinking on the television not because of the fact he was forced but because he now looks an even softer shite than he was before. :rip:

Kennedy was forced to admit to his problem by ITN, they were going to run a story revealing his alcoholism.

The man is a proven liar, he is finished in politics.

The selfish way he's putting his own political future, before that of his party is indicative of his arrogance.

Voted no. Anyone who wants to get involved in politics, especially with a third division team, has got to be barking. I would need to double my intake of Hendriks gin to even consider it.

But I thought you supported the Tories already, Josco??

Is this guy dead or about to be dead? If not then what the ffffff is he doing on a deathlist forum?????

Voted no. Defeats the point of being a politician if you give your opponents things to use against you.

Shame there isn't a ' don't give a S**t ' button.................... (yet) :rip:

Don't really give a toss about politics but the Lib Dems strike me as well meaning types who show their limitations every time they try to do something that amounts to serious grown up politics. This whole caper is a good case in point, everyone briefing against him was too scared to give a name, meaning the media couldn't out him without hard facts like medical evidence. It took ITV until last night to get the kind of evidence the others had all been seeking. If you add up the 11 shadow cabinet members and twenty odd people - including those 11 - who signed documents over the last few months you only need to allow for three potential leaders and about four or five supporters of each, all of the supporters trying to advance themselves, to realise it's not all about principal. A year ago they looked like they meant business. Now they look like schoolkids who can't cope. The Tories - much as I hate the gits - could at least muster a heavyweight or two prepared to come out and be named when they thought Duncan Smith was a disaster.

The Lib Dems will get a new leader and lost a shitload of support in the process.

Are we forgetting our primary purpose here? To discuss dead people and people who are dying to be dead?

:rip:

Au contraire, monsieur... he's simply exposing the politician within. :D

Are we forgetting our primary purpose here?  To discuss dead people and people who are dying to be dead?

Indeed Sir... we're discussing the death of a career and the death of a political party. Spectacular deaths too. Is it better to burn out or fade away?

I think he was wrong to admit drinking on the television not because of the fact he was forced but because he now looks an even softer shite than he was before.  :o

Kennedy was forced to admit to his problem by ITN, they were going to run a story revealing his alcoholism.

The selfish way he's putting his own political future, before that of his party is indicative of his arrogance.

Disagree: I think by being upfront (though his hand was clearly forced)Kennedy has done his party a favour. What his colleagues have done by disowning him so quickly is arrogant and selfish.

Still, new Tory-boy Cameron will raise a glass to all this... whilst the Lib Dems are in a rut through the inevitable charade that will be their leadership contest, he'll no doubt be wooing the electorate to his newly unified party.

And won't that be fun?

Re our primary purpose.....will former leader Jeremy Thorpe die before that excuse for a party - Veritas - ceases to be?