Tempus Fugit

Tony Banks

I didn't know he'd taken a peerage - so much for all those years at Loony Left Lambeth council. :electr2: At least Michael Foot stuck to his principles.

He's been transferred to a hospice. Even doctors have joined us in playing the waiting game now.

David Mellor said in today's paper that Banks was brain dead.

David Mellor said in today's paper that Banks was brain dead.

Hasn't he always been?

At last, an honest admission from Mellor.

I wonder what caused his stroke, Banks is/was a bit of a fitness fanatic,

Ironically, I was flitting through the TV channels this morning, and there he was on Sunday Style looking very healthy and showing off his private gym! Looked like a fairly recent clip.

Partial to a bit of 'blow' in his time and a leading campaigner for legalisation thereof. Maybe a combination of exercise, smoking and the wrong genes. Smoking and working out together can be dodgy, a bit like driving a car with one foot on the brake and one on the gas.

Guest Toke Deltorso
news just in...Banks chequed out

;)

Tony Banks decided not to run at the last election last. Another post retiral, early casualty. For a left-winger, I thought his decision to accept enoblement was a disgrace. But not saying he should have been struck down though. I am not that hard!

It's funny how all the people that disliked him come crawling out the wood work and give him a glowing epitaph.

The crocodile tears don't fool Saint Peter.

I wonder what they will say about me when I hit the wooden box :)

I'll always remember him for "that" save off Pele during the 1970 world cup.

Talking of Banks, I wonder whether Gordon Banks (the former Labour MP) would be a good candidate for next year!

I'll always remember him for "that" save off Pele during the 1970 world cup.

Talking of Banks, I wonder whether Gordon Banks (the former Labour MP) would be a good candidate for next year!

I'll keep an eye out.

It's funny how all the people that disliked him come crawling out the wood work and give him a glowing epitaph.

The crocodile tears don't fool Saint Peter.

I wonder what they will say about me when I hit the wooden box :rolleyes:

There was a tribute to him on the Jeremy Vine show on Radio 2 on Monday - JV went so far as to describe him as "a great man," which I thought was going a bit over the top.

Then yesterday Andy Kershaw came on batting for the Lib Dems, so perhaps they're all nailing their colours to the mast. What next I wonder - Terry Wogan fronting a PPB for the Tories? :lol:

Even "The Sun" paid tribute to Tony Banks in it's editorial yesterday. He would have been spinning in the morgue if he'd read it.

I have fond memories of Mr Banks getting cross on Newsnight once and I'm sure I heard him mutter "feckin twunt" or something similar about Jeremy Paxman in to his microphone.

sad to see Tony go, however I managed to net 2 points for him as my #1 pick in a sweepstake. Loads of those in the sweepstake thought they were on to a winner by choosing Ariel Sharon :lol: