Sign in to follow this  
BrunoBrimley

Have You Or Haven't You??

I was wondering if any of the regulars here or even other persons here have ever had the experience of being dead? What was it like for you?

My personal experience was being dead on the operating room table and they thought it was over but I had the last laugh and lived.

That would be a negative from me.

However, given the fact that it's Saturday night and I'm sitting at home posting on this forum - and in fact am the only member currently logged into said forum - I believe I could currently be described as experiencing social death :lol:

Carlisle United's league form off and on between 1992 and 2004 gave me some moments, but - basically - nope.

I was wondering if any of the regulars here or even other persons here have ever had the experience of being dead? What was it like for you?

My personal experience was being dead on the operating room table and they thought it was over but I had the last laugh and lived.

So what was being dead actually like?

I was wondering if any of the regulars here or even other persons here have ever had the experience of being dead?  What was it like for you?

So what was being dead actually like?

For me it was frighteening.

I was on the table being cut apart and got to view it.....mercifully I felt no pain. After that I lay in and out of semi-conciousness for a few weeks gradually getting better and then I finally left the hospital and was sent to a physical rehab place (a glorified name for a nursing home) where I withered like dead daisies for a fortnight before escaping.

When I was in 'Nam I had a near death experience. Scary. Damned Scary.

DDT; Re the 'Nam experience, where, when and with whom were you serving?

I did have a weird experience at Carlisle United's play-off semi-final last May. My legs went numb and I felt like I was standing in quicksand, for a split second I thought I was having a heart attack until I caught side of the old guy beside me and saw he was in a panic. What was happening was that the stand had started to vibrate with everyone up and moving during the penalty shoot-out. Oddly, having thought about family and the other obvious stuff quickly my next reaction to the thought I was gonna drop dead any second was.....'I'm not going down until I see how this match ends.'