Guest Toke Deltorso

Cuckoo Waltz (feat. Lewis Collins)

Guest Toke Deltorso

does anybody know what happened to the stars of the sit-com the Cuckoo Waltz. David Roper, Diane Keen, and Lewis Collins?.

Guest Martin

As far as i know,Lewis Collins emigrated to the US after an unsucessful tryout for a part in The Bill,the other two who knows,may even have snuffed it!

David Roper sounds familiar. I think he was Michelle Fowler's much older boyfriend in EastEnders in the early 90's.

Just checking IMDB, yes he was. Now 61, still a profilic actor.

Diane Keen, now 59, still acting

Lewis Collins, also 59, Bodie in the Professionals. You see him every now & again on this TV nostalgia shows.

Others in it include Rachel Davies (alive), Clare Kelly (dead), John McKelvey (apparently alive, 89) & Ian Saynor (alive)

• Like 1

Diane Keen can be seen on BBC1 every day in "Doctors" - where you can often see ageing stars turn up for a guest slot as a grumpy old codger or bewildered Alzheimers patient.

Guest iain

theyre all alive apart from the actress who played the part of Connie Wagstaffe

British actor Lewis Collins, who played Bodie in The Professionals, has died aged 67, his agent says

A case of Who Dares Loses, then...

Wasn't Collins a bit of a nutjob irl, If I remember rightly? Loved his guns.

Guest Guest

Bodie (Lewis Collins) is dead

Officially.. a dead bodie.

It is true

Bloody hell didn't see this one coming.

Not very professional of us.

• Like 1

Officially.. a dead bodie.

It is true

Bloody hell didn't see this one coming.

Not very professional of us.

I know. Five years he had it. Tut, tut...

Guest Guest

I was a massive fan of the Professionals.I always wanted to be Bodie so the death of Lewis Collins is particularly shocking news.Didn't even know he was ill.

You see Martin Shaw is a clean living vegetarian so naturally he should be the last survivor.

Oops, posted Collins on the main deaths thread before reading this one, sorry.

Four BBC links to the story about Lewis - one at 11.14 (mine), three others at 12.05, 12.57 and 14.45 - doesn't anyone look at previous posts in forum threads anymore?!

Four BBC links to the story about Lewis - one at 11.14 (mine), three others at 12.05, 12.57 and 14.45 - doesn't anyone look at previous posts in forum threads anymore?!

Doesn't look like it, does it?

RIP Lewis,I love you big guy

As far as i know,Lewis Collins emigrated to the US after an unsucessful tryout for a part in The Bill,the other two who knows,may even have snuffed it!

I have never heard of this bloke but if he couldn't even get a gig on the Bill, he must have been a terrible actor! :D

• Like 1

I have never heard of this bloke but if he couldn't even get a gig on the Bill, he must have been a terrible actor! :D

He wasn't that bad. His last screen role was in The Bill, in 2002. He did earlier try out for the role of James Bond, as noted in the BBC report of his death (I believe there's a link somewhere).
  • Like 1

I'm shocked that none of us picked up on his long and lingering death. From media reports, he'd clearly been a no-bodie for yearslewis-collins-pic-splash-721231868-119479.jpg

That's half of the team that made Starsky and Hutch look like a pair of half arsed amateurs gone. Hell of a shame. Smarter, tougher and infinitely cooler, helped along by the

. Wailing horns, screaming guitar, balding Scottish man sensibly dressed in tweed, it's got everything.

Good on you Lewis, a very sad day.

OK I am guilty of one of these as I added the link after seeing the unlinked post in The Dead of 2013 thread which was subsequently moved by the mods to the Cuckoo Waltz thread.

I didn't immediately make the connection to the CW as the feat Lewis Collins was added later.