maryportfuncity

Whom Are You Tarring With The Epithet "twunt"?

Aye, sad wankerdom ...

Either way, I celebrated 6000 posts in my customary fashion, with post 6001.

Wouldn't it have been more appropriate, not to mention slightly more fun, to celebrate with a wank?

:) I don't often find your posts funny LB (no offense intendedr), but this did make me lol! Also yesterday a post of your make me laugh too. Maybe I am getting crazy?

Aye, sad wankerdom ...

Wouldn't it have been more appropriate, not to mention slightly more fun, to celebrate with a wank?

:) I don't often find your posts funny LB (no offense intendedr), but this did make me lol! Also yesterday a post of your make me laugh too. Maybe I am getting crazy?

I would imagine you are getting crazy - that's much more likely than me getting funny.

And no offence taken - I am completely aware that my posts here are neither informative nor chock full of laughs - but they keep me happy in my own small way.:-)

Aye, sad wankerdom did strike me as a poor return for my dedication. Even sent a message to ATJ of the moderators. I mean, as a rule they manage an epithet combining an implied insult with some irony or wit. It's hardly an incentive to see sad wankerdom looming before the rest of you, is it?

I thought maybe:

'Is it raining out?'

or

'Agrophobic, opinionated & in your face'

would be an improvement.

Re the 'fun' and 'wank' bit, are you seriously suggesting I take my work home? Trust me, Mrs MPFC wouldn't take kindly to her favourite brands of organic frozen yoghurt nestling alongside rare breed semen in the freezer. I mean, what if she was a little hazy one morning and dipped her teaspoon into.....

Or I scuppered a massive contract trying to shove strawberry yoghurt into the business end of a female Bison......

Aye, sad wankerdom did strike me as a poor return for my dedication. Even sent a message to ATJ of the moderators. I mean, as a rule they manage an epithet combining an implied insult with some irony or wit. It's hardly an incentive to see sad wankerdom looming before the rest of you, is it?

I thought maybe:

'Is it raining out?'

or

'Agrophobic, opinionated & in your face'

would be an improvement.

MPFC must be extremely morose if he is indeed a sad W**ker. I would much prefer him to be happy.

In fact here's a picture of the Nolan Sisters to help him on his way.

That crude scan is obviously from your own collection Honez, if it's working for you........

For full on orgasmic thrills

does it for me every time.

Fair point mind, about the epithet. I'd say we've established beyond all doubt that I can take a joke at my own expense and doubtless when BS hits 6000 he'll keep going because he always keeps going. But I wonder when some of our intellectual artillery, like OoO and CP, finally hit the high 5000s whether they'll be enthused at the thought of spending a season as a sad W**ker.

But I wonder when some of our intellectual artillery, like OoO and CP, finally hit the high 5000s whether they'll be enthused at the thought of spending a season as a sad W**ker.

Oh, I'm not bothered about being a sad W**ker. That comes naturally to me.

But intellectual? Me? You are kind, MPFC, but sadly mistaken. I am but a fool compared to some of the intelligensia on here - Twelvetrees, Alphonsin, TAFKAG, Godot & Anubis to mention just five. Handy too & Monoclinic to make it 7. And CP, who has mastered Arabic which is VERY difficult to do.

I am the Norman Wisdom to their Claude Levi Strauss.

This might be a good time for me to open a up a little bit. I have to be honest.

At this day in age, I consider myself one of the irreplaceable veterans of Deathlist.net (and that's not bragging) and my contribution quality has dramatically rejuvenated over the passed three years. I don't consider myself intellectual at the literary standard of 'A Godot' for example, and to tell you the truth, 'I shouldn't be at his level' because I'm not a (50 year old journalist) and I really think that makes perfect sense.

For my experience in the world I feel my knowledge in most categories is pretty f****n great for who I am. I'll be the first person to admit, there are regulars on this website who probably know a lot more sh*t then I do, and with their education among other things, it would be a complete disgrace for them not too. I feel at some limit the people here might underestimate my intellectuality and 'who knows' half of that reason 'is probably my fault' but look, I'm not going to be the savior of everybody's bad first impressions. I'll just take it as it comes.

These days 'if a golden age discussion turns up' I look back at some of my original posts (Mainly 2005\early\2006) and it scares the living sh*t out of me. I can't believe I wrote some of them. It's like I have no recollection. Something must have happened to me man ... I'm doing alright now .. I'm alright but something must have happened to me. As I've said once before 'I always thought overtime' on the internet was for losers but this place is in it's own class. In my world it's one of the best places to waste your time.

What motivated me to compose this is ... I'm not gonna make it to 6000 posts. I might not even make it to 5000. The truth is I really don't want it to reach that point and 'don't panic!' I'm not leaving tomorrow or next week or next month ... but there will come a time where an exit from this lifestyle 'for the better' may become available and if that opportunity emerges I will take advantage of it. At this minute I remain living in a world where death itself is unlimited and I like it that way. I also want to say, I think most of you as individuals are all good people. And that's it.

I feel at some limit the people here might underestimate my intellectuality...

Oh, tsk, tsk, I think you're doing yourself a disservice there Banshee. I don't think people underestimate your intellectuality at all.

But I wonder when some of our intellectual artillery, like OoO and CP, finally hit the high 5000s whether they'll be enthused at the thought of spending a season as a sad W**ker.

But intellectual? Me? You are kind, MPFC, but sadly mistaken. I am but a fool compared to some of the intelligensia on here - Twelvetrees, Alphonsin, TAFKAG, Godot & Anubis to mention just five. Handy too & Monoclinic to make it 7. And CP, who has mastered Arabic which is VERY difficult to do.

Amd I'm Jerry Desmond.... ;)

This might be a good time for me to open a up a little bit. I have to be honest.

Blah blah .....

Does anyone ever feel that some people take this site and themselves far too seriously sometimes?

Yer doing yerself down OoO, you're obviously bright and reflective to the point of redefining topics, moving them forward and remaining objective on the issues under-pinning this whole business. The entrusment of the mighty DDP to your hands speaks volumes. I'm guessing your engagement with the process puts you in serious danger of becoming a sad W**ker one day.

Thank you MPFC and OoO, but "mastered" is very far from the word I would use to describe my current Arabic skills. "Dismal" or "abysmal" would be a better choice perhaps. I can't say, though, that I'm not excited to get my Master's in a year or so so that people can refer to me as a "Master of the Middle East."

Anyhow, if it comes to the point where I've made 6,000 points, I'll live with it. Just as "I don't have a girlfriend but you've probably guessed that already!" is followed by several more complementary titles, I'm sure 6,500 promises to bring more pleasant ones.

Millwall's millennium has dawned........Respect to the newly twunted!

I see that, after five years on DL, Welshman has smashed through the one hundred posts barrier. Good work sir!

Aye well, here goes.....

All I can say for certain is I'm no longer a sad W**ker. I know it's too much to expect out and out praise, but summat pithy, grimly funny, and redolent of a back-handed complement would be appreciated.

Eyes left.....!

Aye well, here goes.....

All I can say for certain is I'm no longer a sad W**ker. I know it's too much to expect out and out praise, but summat pithy, grimly funny, and redolent of a back-handed complement would be appreciated.

Eyes left.....!

In the words of Jimmy Carr, congratuwelldone on becoming whatever you become after being a sad W**ker. I like reading your posts :skull:

Aye well, here goes.....

Eyes left.....!

You still are! :skull:

Now that's what I call an epithet!

Thanks guys, just to think, in a year or so, Banshees may be moving into my town!

Thanks guys, just to think, in a year or so, Banshees may be moving into my town!

He'll be bringing mutton with him......

......unless of course he isn't doing so.

well...theres no way I'll be moving in :(

well...theres no way I'll be moving in :(

That's what they always say.......

Since my morph into Twunt-dom passed without a notice I thought I would take this opportunity to congratulate myself for sticking around this place for so long.

I love you all. Never change. Mwah.

Congratulations CA, sorry I failed to notice earlier. go well.

Congratulations CA, sorry I failed to notice earlier. go well.

Mr Leslie, did you enjoy your short stay in Maryport?

Note the change in epithet here folks. I was quite enjoying the Maryport one as well. When BS makes it to Leslie status we'll doubtless have to explain to him the whole; 'I never raped Ulrika but I shagged Abi senseless and millions enjoyed the results,' story.