16_f_herts

Windsor Davies

How did Don Estelle survive the drive-by attitude kids on a Saturday afternoon in Manchester? I mean, he was trying this stunt in an era when Liam Gallagher and the shamelessly off their faces Stone Roses were the people young scallys most wanted to follow.

Might be why he moved to the glorious Bexleyheath (yes, the Bexleyheath) Shopping Centre during the mid-late 90's, happily singing away on what amounted to a Karaoke machine, and selling tapes of his greatest hits to anyone who strayed too close. A bit of a fall from grace from the Arndale Centre, especially considering Bexleyheath is very close to Lakeside and Bluewater; presumably they had tougher entrance requirements. :angry:

For a bit of balance though, his song Whispering Grass (duet with Windsor Davies) was a million-selling no.1 in about 1975, so that makes him a more successful singer than most. Not that successful means talented of course, e.g. Ace of Base, B*Witched, Britney Spears etc.

I seem to remember Don estelle in the Arndale centre, that would have been way back in the late 80's early 90's always around xmas time...

Bloody annoying if i remember rightly....

Glad Windsor Davies and Donald sinden are still alive tho, i wonder about Clive dunn.....

Which Arndale centre?

Guest witeknight2002
Does anyone think that windsor davies is a cert for deathlist 2006? I havent heard from him for ages but have heard hes still alive. Does any1 no what he is up 2 at da min and if he is a ill or anything?

I have been checking the web today to see if Windsor Davies was dead or not.I watched Never The Twain earlier today & that got me thinking(i'm also going to check on Donald Sinden

I have been checking the web today to see if Windsor Davies was dead or not.I watched Never The Twain earlier today & that got me thinking(i'm also going to check on Donald Sinden

I'll save you the time & effort.

Sinden is alive, and disgustingly healthy.

Guest Scarey Lady
Does anyone think that windsor davies is a cert for deathlist 2006? I havent heard from him for ages but have heard hes still alive. Does any1 no what he is up 2 at da min and if he is a ill or anything?

Well guess what - everyone who has replied to your post so far is wrong. He's very well indeed, and not living in anywhere remotely like Clapham but in fact is living in South West France.

Well guess what - everyone who has replied to your post so far is wrong. He's very well indeed, and not living in anywhere remotely like Clapham but in fact is living in South West France.

That post would simply be perfect if she ended it with, "So there!".

Divides his time between France and Surrey according to his agent's website.

Y'wanna share any more scarey lady? Like where he resides, what he does all day and whether he's got dentures and lost the trademark gap in his teeth?

I like how they fail to disclose the celebrities' ages.

For the much older celebs, they just have "mature"

Either way, he's 76 in just over a couple of months.

Very mature I'd say.

Pretty sure Windsor Davis is doing fine at the moment, travels regurly on the Northern Line. I think he lives somewhere close to either Balham or Clapham.

The again we lost Don Estelle a couple of years ago... lovely boy!

The Davies, who if memory serves me comes from Canning Town rather than anywhere in Wales, lives in Clapham South. The Sinden lives just off Victoria Street.

He lived in Wales during the war, infact not far from where I'm living at the moment...I knew all the family very well.

I always remember Don Estelle setting up a stall in The Arndale Center in Wandsworth selling copies of his albums. I'd avoid it like the plague the moment I would hear him start singing "Little Donkey"

Me too. Wow that memory had lain supressed for years. I remember it so clearly now. Wow.

I always remember Don Estelle setting up a stall in The Arndale Center in Wandsworth selling copies of his albums. I'd avoid it like the plague the moment I would hear him start singing "Little Donkey"

Me too. Wow that memory had lain supressed for years. I remember it so clearly now. Wow.

He did that once in Woolworths on Union Street in Aberdeen (long gone, now McDonald's I think)

I have never forgotten that either. :banghead:

Guest LovelyBoyLovelyBoy

Windsor Davies is alive and extremely well,

He was in the pub I was in tonight looking tanned and drinking whiskey on ice, he definately lives in the Sutton.Carshalton area of Surrey and the tan may indeed prove he splits his time between the south of france.

I met Windsor in a pub called the cardinal wolsey 20 odd years ago as a kid and he signed a card for me, top legendary guy, who was sinking the whiskeys then........

Windsor shall live forever, the secret being bells............. ;)

Windsor shall live forever, the secret being bells

Wouldn't surprise me, considering that as a rule, most things which we are told are healthy or life-prolonging tend to taste bloody awful.

Bell's whisky is clearly no exception.

So my diet of Tetleys Ale, chocolate and butter, all of which taste soooo delightful will be doing me no good then?

Windsor shall live forever, the secret being bells

Wouldn't surprise me, considering that as a rule, most things which we are told are healthy or life-prolonging tend to taste bloody awful.

Bell's whisky is clearly no exception.

So my diet of Tetleys Ale, chocolate and butter, all of which taste soooo delightful will be doing me no good then?

I reckon as long as you keep eating the Marmite, you should nevertheless be good for another couple of hundred years.

Does he perform his greatest hit to a backing track in a shopping mall in SW France?

Does he perform his greatest hit to a backing track in a shopping mall in SW France?

Well I live in SW France and I haven't seen him yet. Mind you we don't really have shopping malls, I'm sure if we did he'd be there.

I reckon as long as you keep eating the Marmite, you should nevertheless be good for another couple of hundred years.

True story:

I knew someone who knew someone who was in the jungle, Malaysia I suppose, when he was captured by the Japanese in WW II. He just had time to get something from the stores and took a large catering container of Marmite. During the years in prison camps that followed he took a spoonful of Marmite a day and he put down that down to his survival. Had he chosen anything else, he reckons, he would have been a gonner.

True story:

I knew someone who knew someone who was in the jungle, Malaysia I suppose, when he was captured by the Japanese in WW II. He just had time to get something from the stores and took a large catering container of Marmite. During the years in prison camps that followed he took a spoonful of Marmite a day and he put down that down to his survival. Had he chosen anything else, he reckons, he would have been a gonner.

If only because if it was anything else, other people might have been tempted to nick it.

I imagine if the Japanese had found it they could have developed a pretty nasty marmite-based torture, for when water just isn't good enough. I'd certainly be terrified sitting under a large upside-down tub of opened marmite, wondering when the first blob will eventually separate and land anywhere near my nose or mouth...

Guest don

Windsor Davies is alive and well living in SW France, I meet him in the local market regularly!!

Your second name isn't 'Estelle' by any chance?

Windsor Davies is alive and well living in SW France, I meet him in the local market regularly!!

I think Windsor better watch out for the weather. It's hot. Tuesday and Wednesday may prove particularly uncomfortable for one of his advanced years.

Guest david hunt

last seen 6yrs ago in a small surrey village called carshalton beeches he was very pissed when i said lovely boys in a welsh accent.

location of sighting was oposite the medical recearch council laboritories

this info is genuine

david

Guest Guest

crap!!!