16_f_herts

Windsor Davies

Windsor Davies is alive and well living in SW France, I meet him in the local market regularly!!

crap!!!

Do you mean "Crap.He's still alive and I want him dead" ? or "You're talking crap he doesn't live in SW France at all"?

Bugger I wanted to save my 700th post for Josco's birthday greeting tomorrow

But you've posted it, and we've noticed. Congratulations!

Guest karl turner
Windsor Davies is alive and well living in SW France, I meet him in the local market regularly!!

next time you see him friend please say hello from gunner turner i was the photographer at the water splash night club jersey when his and don's smash hit whisperiing grass was at no 1 in the hit parade. i attended his 40th birthday bash with all the stars in jersey. hope he and his family are fit and well. he and dons act was brilliant and still remember all the great nights we all had. i dont use computor much would love to talk to him again my fone no {removed for your own protection}. thanks friend

Edited by honez

Guest Bob

Windsor Davies is alive and well and living with his wife in SW France. Trust me, I go each week to French language classes where he is a fellow student :D

Try telling him about his cult status on this site....in French.

Guest Shar
Does anyone think that windsor davies is a cert for deathlist 2006? I havent heard from him for ages but have heard hes still alive. Does any1 no what he is up 2 at da min and if he is a ill or anything?

Hi Windsor Davies is definitly still alive, his grandson goes to my daughters school in Wallington and he is regularly seen there on a Friday afternoon in the school playground collecting his grandson. He does admittidly look a lot different to his days in 'It aint half hot maam' and I don't think he is ill, he actually sells antiques for a living now somewhere in London so I have heard.

And - as of December 30th - I don't think anyone sees him as a cert for this year's deathlist. Mebbe a cert for a fleeting telly appearance commenting on old clips in some cheap to piece together nostalgia show next year when a peek at his physical state will be handy for the more serious form-studyers hereabouts.

Guest Guest
Does anyone think that windsor davies is a cert for deathlist 2006? I havent heard from him for ages but have heard hes still alive. Does any1 no what he is up 2 at da min and if he is a ill or anything?

I'm glad to report that Windsor Davis is fit and well - it is his golden wedding today (7th Jan 2007); he and his wife have lived in France for some years but they are holding the celebration in England as most of their family and friends are in the UK.

On telly as well tonight in a Comedy Connections It Ain't Half Hot Mum show - looks like he enjoys a drink or two, but looks very well.

As too, I thought, did Donald Hewlett, Jimmy Perry, David Croft, Michael Knowles - in fact everyone apart from Michael Kinsey, who played Gunner Evans. Rather a fat fellow now...

John Clegg, Gunner "la di da" Graham, was not on the show. In fact, I thought he died years ago, but when checking Mavis Pugh's obituaries, it appears he is still alive.

So it seems they either die early in that show (McDonald, Mitchell, Bates etc.) or are immortal....

On telly as well tonight in a Comedy Connections It Ain't Half Hot Mum show - looks like he enjoys a drink or two, but looks very well.

As too, I thought, did Donald Hewlett, Jimmy Perry, David Croft, Michael Knowles - in fact everyone apart from Michael Kinsey, who played Gunner Evans. Rather a fat fellow now...

John Clegg, Gunner "la di da" Graham, was not on the show. In fact, I thought he died years ago, but when checking Mavis Pugh's obituaries, it appears he is still alive.

So it seems they either die early in that show (McDonald, Mitchell, Bates etc.) or are immortal....

Or somewhere inbetween...like Don Estelle! :lol:

Guest karl turner

windsor if you read this say hi to all your friends. karl turner . jersey channel islands

Guest karl turner

someone said they saw article windsor was dead i was devistated. looks like he still alive . good show old boy karl turner

He is still very much with us aged 83. Although retired from acting since around 2004. Loved him in his role as Battery Sergeant Major Williams in the ageless "it aint half hot mum". Brilliant character in the series and well scripted. Everybody laughed at him, even though he was just doing his job. I guess there were many many such Williams in the armed forces that made us relate to his character.

Hmm

Keep forgetting he's still alive - a timely reminder, then

Never the Twain was an underrated show I thought. Granted it broke no new ground but both Davies and Donald Sinden were great together and carried the show for 11 years 

Just looking through his IMDB and Not Now, Comrade (1976) with Windsor Davies, June Whitfield and Leslie Phillips would've been a cracker for the Deaths of the Silver Screen Deadpool. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Just looking through his IMDB and Not Now, Comrade (1976) with Windsor Davies, June Whitfield and Leslie Phillips would've been a cracker for the Deaths of the Silver Screen Deadpool. 

hold that thought until round 2

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

• Like 3

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 16:41, Thatcher said:

More oh dear, how sad never mind.

At this rate, none of them will make it to the end of round 1!